What's new

2020 Annual All-Time NBA Draft

C/PF: Artis “A-Train” Gilmore

Career ABA and NBA statistics
Rebounds 16,330 (12.3 rpg)
Assists 3,050 (2.3 apg)

I think I selected him like 3 years in a row. No one here can understand what a force he was so I think it cost votes. But that's a fantastic pick this late. Should have been a 6th round pick really.

I think I selected him like 3 years in a row. No one here can understand what a force he was so I think it cost votes. But that's a fantastic pick this late. Should have been a 6th round pick really.
Yeah. I think both him and Nate Thurmond are highly underrated in this thing. Both guys were amazing in their primes. I’m pretty happy with getting both of them this late.

Random but I was messing around on basketball refernce and landed on Shaqs page. Holy dear god he was good.

23, 14, and 3.5 blocks his rookie year, 29, and 13 his 2nd season. He doesnt really drop off until he is 34 and 400 pounds. Basically averages 28, 12, 3 and 2.5 blocks for first 11 seasons. Don't give me any tomfoolery bull **** that Wilt was better than Shaq.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html

Random but I was messing around on basketball refernce and landed on Shaqs page. Holy dear god he was good.

23, 14, and 3.5 blocks his rookie year, 29, and 13 his 2nd season. He doesnt really drop off until he is 34 and 400 pounds. Basically averages 28, 12, 3 and 2.5 blocks for first 11 seasons. Don't give me any tomfoolery bull **** that Wilt was better than Shaq.

Wilt would have handled Shaq. Watch your mouth.

lololol. Sidenote though. Just learned Wilt is dead. Go figure. Another thing that was brought to my memory was AI played for Denver. Forgot about that too.

Did you know Hakeem played for the Raptors and Ewing played for the Sonics and Magic?

Who said Wilt was better? Shaq is routinely drafted ahead of Wilt in these drafts.

I will say this though. Wilt looked every bit as imposing as any 90’s center. Had he come up the same time as Shaq he might have been even more dominant due to probably being in better shape, and he’s a more skilled player than Shaq ever was.

But that’s all speculation, IMO with better nutrition and crap like that players from the 60’s would’ve been bigger stronger faster had they played in this era.

I will say this though. Wilt looked every bit as imposing as any 90’s center. Had he come up the same time as Shaq he might have been even more dominant due to probably being in better shape, and he’s a more skilled player than Shaq ever was.

I concur he was a freak and would likely be a freak in this day and age.