What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

They could make it a three way, deals aren't finalized until Sunday, right?
The hard part about this is it all makes sense (sending out Conley as an expiring, us getting Bledsoe and Favors in a S&T) which means it has zero chance of happening.

I would pay a significant amount of money to get DL to shoot me straight about where he thinks we stand right now with Conley and that money tied up there.................part of that deal would then to hear the same from JZ, without DL there.

What is the list of teams who want Clarkson?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I imagine at best (from Clarkson's perspective) it's a list of squads with the non-tax MLE. I really can't see the few teams with real cap opting to use it on Clarkson (and plenty of them are talking about using it to take on bad cap for future assets/value).
TLDR; teams with only the MLE to spend. So we're competing against $9,258,000 starting salary. Jazz aren't bidding against anybody.

(Since the Jazz have Clarkson's Bird Rights, they can exceed that starting number, but they can also give 3% higher annual raises.)

TLDR; teams with only the MLE to spend. So we're competing against $9,258,000 starting salary. Jazz aren't bidding against anybody.

(Since the Jazz have Clarkson's Bird Rights, they can exceed that starting number, but they can also give 3% higher annual raises.)
The downside here is that since Christian Wood is an Early Bird free agent, the Pistons can offer 105% of the MLE (essentially) starting, and 3% higher max annual raises (these are material differences to a guy that hasn't gotten generational money yet and whose incumbent team may have an incumbent advantage anyway). So they're going to get him on an absolute steal or lose him to Charlotte. Almost certainly.

I'll give it up when I have to.

The Bucks have moved on from Bogdan Bogdanovic. We should definitely sign him just to hear Boler say...Bogdan Bogdanovic passes the ball to Bojan Bogdanovic...Make it happen DL.
Which would mean that it's a pass from Bojan to Bogdan. A skip pass of course.

Please no more slow guys who can not defend. I still am perplexed why the Jazz are going to bring in a veteran big. Udoka needs to play some. Morgan can play too. Jazz need to concentrate on some wings who can defend and make 3 pts.

Please no more slow guys who can not defend. I still am perplexed why the Jazz are going to bring in a veteran big. Udoka needs to play some. Morgan can play too. Jazz need to concentrate on some wings who can defend and make 3 pts.
They need a 3rd guy who can play the 5.

They probably want a better defender. Frank has sucked thus far and is injury prone. They may want less of a project
I mean... they can still get a higher end/less risky player too. It's not either/or... We have tons of unplayable backup guards...