What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Explain to me how that’s not how it works. If we are 22M under the cap and don’t spend any of that on Clarkson how do we not have any money for someone else. You’re telling me if we don’t sign Clarkson we can’t use that money towards someone else when we’re that much under the cap?
We are 22 under the luxury not 22 under the cap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Explain to me how that’s not how it works. If we are 22M under the cap and don’t spend any of that on Clarkson how do we not have any money for someone else. You’re telling me if we don’t sign Clarkson we can’t use that money towards someone else when we’re that much under the cap?
It's called a salary cap and minimum roster spot holds bud.

Renounce every single player on the Jazz who is a free agent, renounce the 27th pick, renounce the use of the MLE and you are at 115 million with a 117 million salary cap.

That's not how it works bud.

Find me a way to free space to where the Jazz have 20 million in available cap room.
Yup.

The Jazz are effectively over the cap with or without JC (in any event, the MLE + BAE are worth a lot more than what little cap space they might have without JC). Which is why doing something with JC is an absolute imperative--re-signing or using in an S&T (the rules of which I'd need to take another look at)--especially after dumping TB and Davis.

If the Jazz lose JC for nothing and end up millions below the LT, the off-season will have been a failure.

Wood ain’t coming... money fit etc ain’t gonna line up. Detroit can actually give him about 14M so they ain’t out of the running... they have to waive and stretch mcgruder but they can still do better than us.

I hope we sign DJJ. We ain’t a championship team and we I don’t think we can get there... may as well have some fun and he dunks so hard. If he figures out the shot he’s probably better than Grant... maybe he gets there. Give him the monies.

I hope we sign DJJ. We ain’t a championship team and we I don’t think we can get there... may as well have some fun and he dunks so hard. If he figures out the shot he’s probably better than Grant... maybe he gets there. Give him the monies.
DJJ is actually a great defender, thought at times it's like playing 4 on 5 on offense. either way, i'd take him with the BAE

DJJ is actually a great defender, thought at times it's like playing 4 on 5 on offense. either way, i'd take him with the BAE
He will eat up most of the MLE if he comes... maybe not full MLE but BAE is a no go. I think it’s only for two years and he’s in line for his first big pay day.

Yes, I think the default of making comps based on racial features is a form of racism, especially when Kenrich Williams and Georges Niang are very different players. They both just light skin dudes with pudgy bodies.

Racial features? Being slow and pudgy isn’t racial sorry to break it to you.

Yes, I think the default of making comps based on racial features is a form of racism, especially when Kenrich Williams and Georges Niang are very different players. They both just light skin dudes with pudgy bodies.
I agree there was this moron that was comparing Tony Bradley to a poor mans LaMarcus Aldridge and it was some of the most racist **** I’ve ever seen.