What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Wonder how much Millsap will sign for. I think he said he's at the point in his career where he will take less to play for a contender.

Jeff Green signs with Nets.

Anyone know the record for most teams a player has played for?

The question is... does Batum want to play in Utah? Gobert needs to get on the phone.
Would be good for him to have a buddy. I don’t think the competition will be super stiff. Prime Batum would be great in our system. Does DL have his number in the Rolodex?

We are talking about the GM that paid Mozgov and Deng... he always waived and stretched Deng. This is his MO.

I haven’t seen Batuum recently at all (who has?). How big of an upgrade over Niang? Would DL do it?

Hayward remembered the billboard and the watermelon Sour Patch Kids

MJ “ hey Jordan”
Gordo “ it’s Gordon”
MJ “whatever... hey I hear you were pretty good or something... not sure if you know but I was the best.”
Gordo “I know I watched the documentary”
Jordan “ everyone did kid... so anyway we doing this cuz I got a tee time”
Gordo “ yeah we’ve got unfinished business”
Jordan “cool see ya around Jordan”

I haven’t seen Batuum recently at all (who has?). How big of an upgrade over Niang? Would DL do it?
He’s not really played much but didn’t have an injury and isn’t super old. He’s a fit guy... if you need him to create that’s a no. The only huge concern I’d have is defense and even if he’s uninterested and washed he might be better than Niang at defense. When he was in his heyday he reminds me of Ingles a little because he’s kind of a do it all type. Never the shooter that Ingles was though:

Man why not just look up Batum's stats last season. The guy averaged 3 and 3 on 34 % shooting and 28% from deep in 23minutes of play. His advance stats are awful too. If the legend of Mike Conley and Ed Davis haven't taught us a lesson. The man used to be a baller, but now he is washed and a worse player than Niang. No thanks

I watched him play in person last year for France vs Bulgaria. Aleksandar Vezenkov and some 4th rate Bulgarian wings made him look kind of washed...

Man why not just look up Batum's stats last season. The guy averaged 3 and 3 on 34 % shooting and 28% from deep... If the legend of Mike Conley and Ed Davis haven't taught us a lesson. The man used to be a baller, but now he is worse than Niang. No thanks
We are talking about a minimum deal. Just a shot to see if we can get him back to something resembling his previous shape...

He’s not really played much but didn’t have an injury and isn’t super old. He’s a fit guy... if you need him to create that’s a no. The only huge concern I’d have is defense and even if he’s uninterested and washed he might be better than Niang at defense. When he was in his heyday he reminds me of Ingles a little because he’s kind of a do it all type. Never the shooter that Ingles was though:
Just cut Niang and sign Batum.

Would rather bring in a perimeter defender or stretch 4
That's what he is if we get him to play at a good level again. You don't even need to get him to play at his prime level. Just get him back to his shape from before last year's injury riddled season and he will be more than worth it.