2020 Free Agency Thread

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
If millsap nails then Denver is hosed. Lost Grant and Plumdawg already... rough offseason for the nugs.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I don’t think we are making Rudy contingency plans... it’s not really how we work. Plus if you are worried he wants more money you don’t give 30M to his backup that you could just use for him. I think the most reasonable explanation is just that we made a bad pick... trying to rationalize it or make it smart somehow in a weird endgame is the same **** people did when we drafted Tony.
Maybe they can play together?
Maybe they think Rudy won’t last?
Maybe they want a super cheap backup?

maybe they are just dumb

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
I don’t think we are making Rudy contingency plans... it’s not really how we work. Plus if you are worried he wants more money you don’t give 30M to his backup that you could just use for him. I think the most reasonable explanation is just that we made a bad pick... trying to rationalize it or make it smart somehow in a weird endgame is the same **** people did when we drafted Tony.
Maybe they can play together?
Maybe they think Rudy won’t last?
Maybe they want a super cheap backup?

maybe they are just dumb
There's always the possibility that Rudy won't commit. You have to account for that, whether you think it's likely or not.
Jazz didn't get a firm commitment from DWill, so they traded him (though they may also have wanted to trade him at the time).
Jazz didn't get a firm commitment from Hayward, and they got burned.

Last edited:

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
There's always the possibility that Rudy won't commit. You have to account for that, whether you think it's likely or not.
Jazz didn't get a firm commitment from DWill, so they traded him (though they may also wanted to trade him at the time).
Jazz didn't get a firm commitment from Hayward, and they got burned.
Wait a week... I’m like 85% certain he signs...