What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

If it was Jevon Carter Gary Payton (not really a pg) I’m fine because they are defenders.

Well that is ALL anyone has to say about Bane as a negative. At best, it’s annoying and myopic.
I didn't intend to write a full player evaluation. It was just passing comment with a little bit of sarcasm. Dats and does and all.

How anyone comes away with wingspan=basketball success is beyond me and dramatic AF.

It’s stupid to do depth charts like this because DM and Ingles function as Pgs too. Signing another pg only would prove to me we don’t get it. Sign a wing. What happens if Oni sucks or we have an injury?
This is Locke trying to imprint on people's minds what he thinks the roster should look like. It must reflect what the front office is thinking.

I didn't intend to write a full player evaluation. It was just passing comment with a little bit of sarcasm. Dats and does and all.

How anyone comes away with wingspan=basketball success is beyond me and dramatic AF.
I was being sarcastic too my guy... was more a comment on how measurement focused we get (and front offices) rather looking at the most important thing... can the ****ing play ball.

Maybe but the raps got Flynn partly because Lowry is old and you can play multiple ball handling pgs anyway.

The tea leaves all point to Rudy re-signing. Honestly I didn’t think we were dumb enough to give Rudy the super max but at this point I’ll say it’s 50/50. If he digs in and says supermax or I’m out I think they will give him the money. DL is spineless.

Honestly I think the Udoka pick is partly because they like him but also you can’t judge a first rounder who never sees the floor. Is it a bad pick? No one will ever know.
I think DL think that if he spends all the money, then he doesn’t have to work for the next few years. Learned from KOC that once you cross a certain threshold, you can coast.

I think DL think that if he spends all the money, then he doesn’t have to work for the next few years. Learned from KOC that once you cross a certain threshold, you can coast.
Lock in early... smart.

As the only (non-dues paying) member of the NWG fan club (apparently aside from Jazz brass), I'm 1000% on board if we turn him into Batum.
There was a minute there where I thought he might turn into a really good shooter, and then develop an NBA-caliber outside-in game. But it was just a flash. Less than a minute.

Important to remember that amidst this flurry, the Jazz went from seven NBA players to eight and we’re looking at Niang still being in the rotation.

Sooo let’s maybe not do that? Please?

Bobby Portis, or "Flagrant 1," as I like to call him, is signing with the Milwaukee Bucks for pretty cheap -- 2 years / $7.5M.
Would rather have him than Faves or Doke. Would REALLY rather have him than Faves AND Doke.

Sorry JazzFanz.

Important to remember that amidst this flurry, the Jazz went from seven NBA players to eight and we’re looking at Niang still being in the rotation.

That would be great. Replacing Bradley and Niang with Favors and someone serviceable would be heaven.

Niang got 11 minutes a game last year, he should get less than that this year. Favors does make him more playable on the bench, though. . .

I was being sarcastic too my guy... was more a comment on how measurement focused we get (and front offices) rather looking at the most important thing... can the ****ing play ball.
I gotta improve my counter-sarcasm game for sure.

We have seen too many cases of physical limitations rendering skilled players unable to unlock all of their game at NBA level. I have always thought that picking physically gifted players and developing them is the best way but there are many paths.

As for Bane, he is lucky he is tall. It's easier to hide negative wingspan when you have wing-size.