What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

I think Shaq is the only realistic possibility for what we are offering but even then I expect him to do better than what we can offer. Sounds like they are pretty sweet on Miye. That’s good but when you have our perimeter defense deficiencies only really having Miye and a rookie to add to the mix is scary.
“There are always mid-season trades.”
“There’s always the buyout market.”
“There’s always the draft.”
“There’s always free agency.”
“This buyout market is gonna be lit!”

“There’s always the buyout market.”
“There’s always the draft.”
“There’s always free agency.”
“This buyout market is gonna be lit!”
This year there is even less hope... close to the hard cap and not many medium contracts to make changes. Outside of adding a guy like Tucker I think this is our roster plus maybe one more addition. It sounds like NWG is staying which is completely mind blowing.

This year there is even less hope... close to the hard cap and not many medium contracts to make changes. Outside of adding a guy like Tucker I think this is our roster plus maybe one more addition. It sounds like NWG is staying which is completely mind blowing.
I’m glad NWG’s level of talent is blowing your mind, too. It’s fun to be a fan sometimes. /s

Jakarr Sampson signed a min deal... that’s one I’d have looked up in the yellow pages if I was DL.

IIRC we were high on KBD in that draft

6'7.25" without shoes, 7'3.25" wingspan, 8'10.5" standing reach

Last edited:

Diop and Jordan Bone were two guys cut yesterday. Diop was Big Ten player of the year and Bone is a feisty point guard. These two might be better than our current scrubs. Diop averaged 6.8 ppg in the league a couple of years ago.

Diop and Jordan Bone were two guys cut yesterday. Diop was Big Ten player of the year and Bone is a feisty point guard. These two might be better than our current scrubs. Diop averaged 6.8 ppg in the league a couple of years ago.
I think I remember Locke saying the Jazz really liked Jordan Bone too lol. He was definitely on #LockeWatch in that draft.

Lots of good players getting cut here
Jazz may be waiting to see who gets cut from all teams

Hard to do much at this point considering that our two best players are supposed to get locked up to long term extensions.

You don't want to sign a few minimum contract guys when you might need roster spots should a trade happen.

That's the beauty of NWG, JWF, Niang, etc. - we can easily waive them to open a roster spot if needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Good point about roster spots.

I think I remember Locke saying the Jazz really liked Jordan Bone too lol. He was definitely on #LockeWatch in that draft.
Niang's tale of the tape: waived by the Pacers, waived by the Warriors, waived by the Santa Cruz Warriors before showing up in the Salt Lake Valley. He must have incriminating photos of DL, Quin and the Millers.

Niang's tale of the tape: waived by the Pacers, waived by the Warriors, waived by the Santa Cruz Warriors before showing up in the Salt Lake Valley. He must have incriminating photos of DL, Quin and the Millers.
The Stars traded for Niang, he wasn't waived

If I remember, he was on the board before we sold our pick. He was an obvious pick. But apparently not that obvious.

The Stars traded for Niang, he wasn't waived
GLeague transactions says Santa Cruz waived him and he replaced Naz Mitrou-Long as the Jazz two way player and he was assigned to the Stars. We might be talking semantics here. I saw no compensation sent to Santa Cruz from the Stars.

I liked him but he’s done nothing in the league... worth a flier though I guess. Been a while since we stole something from Denver.

We do not want Niang back. I think you all are forgetting, it's basically 4 v 5 on defense with him out there