What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

This surprises me.

Early second rounders usually will get their opportunity even as your end of bench for garbage minutes since most teams view these guys just as valuable as late first round prospects. It is in the late 50s that you'd call the scrub territory where we see most of the guys either get 2 way/G league contract or even waived before the season start. Its actually pretty unusual for guys like NWG and Brantley to have lasted as long as they did.

Just realized Rockets was actually able to convert the Wood deal into a trade. Apparently they got Wood and a first round pick from Detroit that had the potential to be one of the worst teams in the league over the next five years, for......Ariza.

Lol, always makes me wonder if we can ever pull off a deal like this

Just realized Rockets was actually able to convert the Wood deal into a trade. Apparently they got Wood and a first round pick from Detroit that had the potential to be one of the worst teams in the league over the next five years, for......Ariza.

I suspect we could have if we had kept our powder drier just a little longer on Davis and Bradley.

Rockets included #16 this season (though I don't like Stewart all that much) and it's strongly protected on Detroit's end.

Didn’t the Rockets give up the 16th pick to Detroit to dump Ariza? I think the first they got from Detroit is so heavily protected it’s almost guaranteed to become a second rounder or two.

Rockets included #16 this season (though I don't like Stewart all that much) and it's strongly protected on Detroit's end.
If you look at it it's actually not that heavily protected unless the pistons is determined to tank their heart out for the next five seasons so I think Hou has a great chance of getting a late lotto pick out of this, which would outweigh the #16 in what is regarded as a very weak draft.

Didn’t the Rockets give up the 16th pick to Detroit to dump Ariza? I think the first they got from Detroit is so heavily protected it’s almost guaranteed to become a second rounder or two.
Unless Pistons is truly committed to not make the playoffs for next 7 seasons straight, Hou is getting that first round pick. And in 2026,2027 even late lottery pick would be conveyed.

It's interesting that two of our roster players were "Exhibit 10" players from last year. Tucker with the Bucks and Morgan with the Jazz. Other Jazz Exhibit 10s from last year were Mike Scott, Isaac Haas and Trevon Bluiett. JWF and Brantley were our two ways.

Unless Pistons is truly committed to not make the playoffs for next 7 seasons straight, Hou is getting that first round pick. And in 2026,2027 even late lottery pick would be conveyed.
top-16 protected in 2021 and 2022, top-18 in ’23 and ’24, top-13 in ’25, top-11 in ’26, and top-nine in ’27. If it still hasn’t changed hands by that point, the Rockets will get a 2027 second-round pick.

I see. Looks like it was less protected than initially speculated

What the duck is Detroit doing... I would be calling them everyday.