What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Which makes him perfect for us. We are stacked with rim-protecting bigs but not much else
I feel like to maximize him they have to do protect the rim and shoot. You want to use him as a roll man and if you have a non shooting big the best use for the big is a roll man. Dallas is the team that should consider him. If you had Zinger, Luka and him it’d be kinda filthy.

If the Hawks did a deal like this, they'd want us to take Capella to get him off their roster. Atlanta likes Gobert, for sure, but they also just drafted Okongwu.
I forgot about that... just put him in the package to us... problem solved.

I agree that Rudy is coming back. But I really like the draft move.
Even if he’s good it takes an injury to get him on the court... long term it takes a trade and I doubt DL does that. It was just a goofy person to target especially with all the good perimeter prospects on the board. I think some project DL to have a grand plan... which is literally the same stuff we heard when they took TB.

I feel like to maximize him they have to do protect the rim and shoot. You want to use him as a roll man and if you have a non shooting big the best use for the big is a roll man. Dallas is the team that should consider him. If you had Zinger, Luka and him it’d be kinda filthy.
Which is another reason for us to get in the mix... With Collins-Luka-Unicorn, Dallas is a championship contending team for the next ten years, which we would not want to see

Which makes him perfect for us. We are stacked with rim-protecting bigs but not much else
Um... we’re obviously in need of very competent defenders.

I’m not tearing down the core for Collins. Get him cheap and let him play out the year? Yeah, definitely.

Um... we’re obviously in need of very competent defenders.
Defenders...On the perimeter. We can survive adding a few non-defenders on the interior. Plus it's not like Collins is in the Niang-tier of bad defenders. He did average a pretty respectable 1.6 blocks a game last season.

Defenders...On the perimeter. We can survive adding a few non-defenders on the interior. Plus it's not like Collins is in the Niang-tier of bad defenders. He did average a pretty respectable 1.6 blocks a game last season.
You’re the kind of guy who is dug into your position, so I’ll just say that we aren’t in a place to make further compromises with the integrity of the defense—at any position.

If we got Collins for a 1st and moved Conley to the bench? Hell yes. But neither of these things is happening.

Of course, I said we should pursue Collins only if it ever comes to the point of us having to lose Rudy. When it happens our defense is compromised no matter what. It's about the choice of controlling the damage or simply shifting to a whole different direction.

There is no amount of Collins that can justify losing Rudy. Rudy is the better player AND the better asset even at a higher price. Unless he demands the full supermax, we just need to sign him, even if trading him at some point becomes a consideration.

The jazz are mindlessly committed to Conley and based off their FA it would appear as though they are still trying to contend. So in what damned world does a would be or wannabe contender choose to not fill the remaining roster with savvy vets. Feels like they are playing the fence here. There are still options out there for minimum salary that would give us more now than oni or NWG.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

There is no amount of Collins that can justify losing Rudy. Rudy is the better player AND the better asset even at a higher price. Unless he demands the full supermax, we just need to sign him, even if trading him at some point becomes a consideration.
That a deal hasn’t worked out suggests that contingency planning is appropriate.