What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Yes, come play behind Mike Conley and Donovan Mitchell at the same price anyone else can pay. Who wouldn't jump at that if they had any other option?
He can play 1-3... he’s also not a starter anywhere. Give him the BAE if it takes that... cut the **** out of NWG/Tucker and go with 13/14 roster spots full.

I like Miye but Harrison is better... Shaq is better than Niang too. We might be able to get him with a minimum and give him a PO on year two so he can get back out there. There isn’t a lot of money left out there.

Once you are in the tax you shouldn’t skimp around the edges for 1-2M. If you can save 2-3M and get out of it you should (could be a net savings of 7-10M) but unless we are moving Mike we will be a tax team. So pay an extra 1-2M for Shaq.

Calling it right now. Shaq will go for the minimum somewhere stupid like Sacramento.

I also think a lot of people have forgotten just how freaking good Favors is as well. 22 minutes of Favors overwriting Bradly and Niang is such a huge upgrade.
I think he’s also a locker room glue guy. DM and Rudy love him... Joe obvi. I’m 100% on board with him coming back... it’s the draft night that still has me puzzled as to what the plan is.

I also think a lot of people have forgotten just how freaking good Favors is as well. 22 minutes of Favors overwriting Bradly and Niang is such a huge upgrade.
My house is sometimes cold. Often because the kids leave the basement door open. But it’s okay now because I sleep with an extra blanket. IDGAF that the basement door is open.

Once you are in the tax you shouldn’t skimp around the edges for 1-2M. If you can save 2-3M and get out of it you should (could be a net savings of 7-10M) but unless we are moving Mike we will be a tax team. So pay an extra 1-2M for Shaq.
We gave away a draft pick just so we can get rid of Bradley, then had to give away two more picks to trade ourselves back to the second round, think about that... We tried to save 1-2M on Bradley... By giving away assets that are probably worth more than 1-2M...

I feel Rudy tho. He just watched Donovan bend the franchise over and get w/e he wanted in his contract. Rudy is the better player and has impacted winning more.

Jimmy Butler is on a 4-year / $140M deal with Miami. That feels about right for Rudy, imo. Or at least, I think he should be willing to do that. That's $35M/year.

Last edited:
We gave away a draft pick just so we can get rid of Bradley, then had to give away two more picks to trade ourselves back to the second round, think about that... We tried to save 1-2M on Bradley... By giving away assets that are probably worth more than 1-2M...
In terms of player equity, getting Favors back in FA is easily worth the 2nds the Jazz gave up to move Bradley.

Some super weird takes here.

A Gobert-less team would absolutely win less games than a Mitchell-less team.

Imagine the offense without Mitchell. The people on this board are a lot more pro-Gobert than other Jazz fans and other people in general.

A small part of me would find satisfaction in seeing karma smack the FO in the face if we were to lose/get rid of Gobert and everyone would get a real look at how (un)successful Donovan & Friends really is.

LOL

We’d be just fine with Favors plus whatever pieces we got for Gobert. This is starting to get hilarious.

Lol. You’re so dumb. The jazz don’t make the playoffs the year we beat OKC without Gobert, and I’m not sure we even are a playoff team if we don’t have Gobert.

this team isn’t elite without Gobert, and are even less recognizable than they are now.

LoPo don’t be a ****ing idiot. Mitchell owns at least some of his stardom to Gobert.
Just because I say Donovan is more important doesn't make Rudy not important. They are both valuable, but Don is more so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

And LoPo calls himself a fan of Gobert!! @LoPo I’m calling you out on your BS.
I want to win a title. Titles aren't won by emphasizing a limited big.

However, I know Rudy is valuable. I want him to stay, but the price has to be right. And we simply cannot afford to let him walk for nothing.

So I want to keep Rudy because he helps us win games. But don't overpay.

Some super weird takes here.

A Gobert-less team would absolutely win less games than a Mitchell-less team.

Imagine the offense without Mitchell. The people on this board are a lot more pro-Gobert than other Jazz fans and other people in general.
This all depends on how good our coaching is. Everything we do is built around Rudy. The entire system.

There are other systems out there. Other ways to play basketball. If we lost Rudy, we would have to change how we play.

So yeah, we win because Rudy is a force in the way we play. However, I think we can win the same number of regular and postseason games depending on how we adapt and coach.

But the best solution is to keep him on a fair deal and have TWO ways to play. Come playoff time, our insistence on playing one way can sometimes be schemed out.

Last edited:
We are not a playoffs team without Rudy. While this bring a true statement, we kinda put ourselves in this situation since never once did FO bother to bring in players who knows how to play proper defense without funneling everything to the big man behind. We set up our entire defensive scheme around Rudy with no flexibility whatsoever. So now either give Rudy the supermax and be a first round playoff team the next five years or lose him and go into rebuild with DM if he is still on board then.

I’m telling y’all, a critical reason the Jazz drafted Doke was as a serious contingency plan.

The writing on the wall and the otherwise absolute inanity of the pick otherwise adds up to that the Jazz are prepping. If Doke pops then the Jazz are gonna move forward without Rudy.

Imagine the defense without Gobert. Others would step up and it’s easier to build an offense than defense.
LOL

We’d be just fine with Favors plus whatever pieces we got for Gobert. This is starting to get hilarious.
Lol. Has favors ever, I mean ever averaged 30+ minutes agame? This kind of work load would kill him. Lmao
Just because I say Donovan is more important doesn't make Rudy not important. They are both valuable, but Don is more so.

we are still a playoff playoff team without Mitchell can’t say the same about Gobert
However, I know Rudy is valuable. I want him to stay, but the price has to be right. And we simply cannot afford to let him walk for nothing.
You aren’t fooling anyone.
So I want to keep Rudy because he helps us win games. But don't overpay.
That’s a nice way to hide the fact you aren’t a fan.

Even if Rudy stays Jazz need legit backups for Rudy
Bradley was almost always in the negative numbers when he was on the floor
Jazz had to send Rudy back in too soon and play him too many minutes
This was going to wear Rudy down
Now Jazz have two legit backups for Rudy and can cut his regular season minutes way down
This will make a big difference come playoff time

Last edited:
Even if Rudy stays Jazz need legit backups for Rudy
Bradley was almost always in the negative numbers when he was on the floor
Jazz had to send Rudy back in too soon and play him too many minutes
This was going to wear Rudy down
Now Jazz have two legit backups for Rudy and can cut his regular season minutes way
This will make a big difference come playoff time
Yes, we need a suitable backup to Rudy, but reaching for Udoka wasn’t the way to go