What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

https://stats.nba.com/vs/advanced/#...1610612749&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Playoffs

Except that wasn't true... His team was over 26 points better was him on the floor in their playoffs series against the Celtics. And Quin is one of the best in business in terms of fixing players effort on D. He's just stuck with players with mediocre tools who can't play defense no matter how hard they try

This year his team is quite a bit better on defense with him off the court. If he's a defensive ace I don't see how that is the case. Not like he is replacing a great defender... team has a 115 defensive rating with him on the court... that would be like bottom 3 in the league... he also doesn't rebound. If we want to swap him and Ed then great... but I wouldn't play him over TB.

Udoh can switch 1-5 and is currently looking like Hakeem in China.

When he got meaningful time his first year with us he was very good... so good that we played him alongside Rudy and Favs at times because we wanted him on the floor and were willing to have multiple non-shooters on the court. He is a solid passer too... If he gets released from his contract DL needs to pause his podcast and call him immediately.

If we want to swap him and Ed then great...
That is all I was saying though... I never said anything about getting rid of TB. I was discussing a potential trade to get rid of Ed and getting someone useful in return. Same goes for Josh Jackson. Both can be useful to us in some cases. More so than Ed ever will be. I was all for keeping TB as our primary backup C and actually don't think there's any conflict between maker and TB since they play two different roles.

When he got meaningful time his first year with us he was very good... so good that we played him alongside Rudy and Favs at times because we wanted him on the floor and were willing to have multiple non-shooters on the court. He is a solid passer too... If he gets released from his contract DL needs to pause his podcast and call him immediately.
We have a lot more options to do that now. Play him and Gobert with any combination of Mitchell, Bojan, Ingles, Clarkson or Conley. Also having a defensive possession lineup of:

Mitchell
Royce
Ingles
Udoh
Gobert

We have a lot more options to do that now. Play him and Gobert with any combination of Mitchell, Bojan, Ingles, Clarkson or Conley. Also having a defensive possession lineup of:

Mitchell
Royce
Ingles
Udoh
Gobert

That's a damn good defensive lineup with enough offensive punch. Udoh does cause some problems on offense though, but I think that beats 90% of the teams.

Replace Niang with GRIII and Bradley with Udoh. Championships.

Also, I will be ordering the Udoh cameo as soon as it becomes official.

That is all I was saying though... I never said anything about getting rid of TB. I was discussing a potential trade to get rid of Ed and getting someone useful in return. Same goes for Josh Jackson. Both can be useful to us in some cases. More so than Ed ever will be. I was all for keeping TB as our primary backup C and actually don't think there's any conflict between maker and TB since they play two different roles.
That's fine, but you argued his virtues and that he was good... they likely won't flip him for Ed's deal... they'd also need to clear more salary this year to avoid the tax.

I just think Maker sucks... If we can flip Ed for an expiring contract anywhere then its a win.

That's a damn good defensive lineup with enough offensive punch. Udoh does cause some problems on offense though, but I think that beats 90% of the teams.
I'd really just play that lineup at the end of games where there are substitution breaks after each possession.

Mitchell
Royce
Ingles
Udoh
Gobert

I would not recommend we do that... but am on board for replacing TB's minutes for Ekpe minutes.

We have to sign Udoh. Niang might appear passable on defense with Udoh behind him. Sign him to a multi year deal too.

I would not recommend we do that... but am on board for replacing TB's minutes for Ekpe minutes.
Why not? I'm talking about we're up by 1-2 coming out of a timeout with 15 seconds left in the game and the other team has possession.

I'm all about getting Baynes, makes so much sense for us. Curious why you think it makes sense for the Suns? In the talking I've done with Suns fans that I know, they love Baynes.

Ed would be tremendously better in Phoenix's offense where he is grabbing rebounds, running and rolling downhill. Not sure he is better than Baynes an any case.

GRIII is intriguing. I believe in the 20 year theory. That is, if you do something hard for 20 years at something you can become an expert in your field. GRIII is nearing the 20 year mark due to growing up around basketball. Plus he has a ton of skills. He can be a good backup option if Jordan Clarkson leaves.

The only big downside is that it takes Niang's insanely hot shooting off the floor. I am not sure I want to do that. But the perimeter defense in the 2nd unit would improve.

Why would Udoh come back ? I think it's a long shot all you mofos will have to join his book club for him to even consider

Baynes for Davis makes so much sense for both sides.
Doesn't make any sense for them unless they get draft capital... they have Diallo and Frank (when he gets healthy) for this year. Aren't going to make the playoffs... and are one of the few teams with cap space next year and Ed would hurt that.

For us... sure... them... nah.

I'm all about getting Baynes, makes so much sense for us. Curious why you think it makes sense for the Suns? In the talking I've done with Suns fans that I know, they love Baynes.

The Suns are not going to make the playoffs, and it is very likely that Baynes just leaves in the summer. Davis, on the other hand, is signed for next season at a fair price. He's known as one of the best guys in the game. Great teammate. Phoenix needs continuity, and guys who are going to work towards a better future. I think Ed Davis fits that for them.