What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Not only that, the numbers they are putting up are not likely sustainable when you compare them with their career averages. Morris is more than likely to revert to a 36% 3 point shooter.
I’d respond a few ways:

1. Morris’ value probably isn’t as high as fans think it is because of being on a one-year deal, questionable chemistry issues, and knowing that his numbers are inflated this year. GMs aren’t ignorant to that. That said, any team looking to move for Morris is a team thinking they can contend. Who would that be and what would they give?

2. Morris’ numbers could certainly return to 36% on three, but even so that’s pretty good for a guy that brings fire, plays defense, and can rebound (at least do so much better than our current options).

3. I don’t anticipate him being a 50% three point shooter, but the last three years he’s averaging 39.2%, so I’d assume he’s at least a 37%+ shooter, which is really good.

Y’all are trying to shop at the mall and we only got DI budget.
While you may not find what you want at DI, you may find someone there who has what you want, and is crazy enough to take your donations in exchange for it.

I’d consider New York, Portis, and Exum to fill in for those variables.

I'm not a big Portis fan, but **** it. Just play Conley and Portis in the second unit, the two Arkansas dudes. Conley, Portis who can pick and pop, and 3 scrubs and Conley will feel like he's in Memphis again.

I'm not a big Portis fan, but **** it. Just play Conley and Portis in the second unit, the two Arkansas dudes. Conley, Portis who can pick and pop, and 3 scrubs and Conley will feel like he's in Memphis again.
We could also bring back Ronnie Brewer.

missed that window when we drafted Grayson Allen, who is currently shooting 41% and scored a -5.1 BPM for the Grizz(which is a MAJOR improvement from his -6.8 BPM when he played for us). and don't even mention other names who got drafted after him.

Some of our draft picks have just been baffling. Like how can we pride ourselves so much on player development and then pick guys like Grayson Allen over Anfernee Simons and Mitchell Robinson? Lyles was another boring pick with meh upside, but that luckily worked out in a roundabout way. Robinson may have had some character concerns, but I think it was mostly about him decommitting from his college, which who cares? At least Denver has taken risks on high upside guys, like Michael Porter Jr and Bol Bol. I bet Bol has more trade value than any of our young guys and he might snap in half before playing an NBA game.

Some of our draft picks have just been baffling. Like how can we pride ourselves so much on player development and then pick guys like Grayson Allen over Anfernee Simons and Mitchell Robinson? Lyles was another boring pick with meh upside, but that luckily worked out in a roundabout way. Robinson may have had some character concerns, but I think it was mostly about him decommitting from his college, which who cares? At least Denver has taken risks on high upside guys, like Michael Porter Jr and Bol Bol. I bet Bol has more trade value than any of our young guys and he might snap in half before playing an NBA game.
We don't need Conley have we drafted Devonte Graham. We don't need Ed Davis have we drafted Mitchell Robinson. Well, we don't need Ed right now since we've got Bradley

Portis would not be a joke. He would be a good solid 4/5 off the bench providing size underneath we are lacking. And in all reality there isn’t much I wouldn’t want the jazz to try out with how badly Davis has looked as of late. That guy is straight ****ing butterfingers. I hate watching him play. It’s too bad but that’s the nature of the beast when making trades or picking up new acquisitions in the off-season. I still feel like our top six are solid. It’s players 7-9. Portis would be a good number 7. Maybe 8 and 9 can be found down the stretch off our bench or from the buyout market. Bertans would be a good snag this summer but no way Washington deals him for less than a first. No.... portis is our shooting for the stars given our dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app