What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

If we could swing Clarkson and Davis (18.2M combined) for Turner, I’d be down. We needed Clarkson’s offense badly yes. But the return of Conley and addition of Turner would help offset his loss in such a trade imo. And we’d upgrade our defense a lot. But again, I only do this if I think Turner can play the 4 some. I have no idea whether he can or can’t.

I put Davis because they’d only have Sabonis and Bitadze up front otherwise.
Because of Clarkson already being traded, stipulations require him to only be traded by himself if he's moved, so he can't be combined with Davis.

If we could swing Clarkson and Davis (18.2M combined) for Turner, I’d be down. We needed Clarkson’s offense badly yes. But the return of Conley and addition of Turner would help offset his loss in such a trade imo. And we’d upgrade our defense a lot. But again, I only do this if I think Turner can play the 4 some. I have no idea whether he can or can’t.
They can do much better for Turner. I think Boston would have a lot of interest. Might be able to pry Smart and something.

We aren’t getting anything big done... it will be something on the fringes at best but even then our second round picks aren’t great assets and our contract matching stuff ain’t great.

Like maybe Detroit takes a couple seconds and likes Niang and we can steal Wood... maybe warriors give us GR3 for a couple seconds if they can’t find something better... just think nothing remotely exciting happens for us.

we need Clarkson

They can do much better for Turner. I think Boston would have a lot of interest. Might be able to pry Smart and something.

We aren’t getting anything big done... it will be something on the fringes at best but even then our second round picks aren’t great assets and our contract matching stuff ain’t great.

Like maybe Detroit takes a couple seconds and likes Niang and we can steal Wood... maybe warriors give us GR3 for a couple seconds if they can’t find something better... just think nothing remotely exciting happens for us.

agreed. I just wanted to dream.

Harry Giles May be available in Sacramento. He’s more interesting to me than Maker. I could get mildly excited about him because he’s been in Sacramento... I figure every player there is 20% worse than they would be elsewhere.

I don't know WTF this guy is.

Has 36k followers but I'm assuming pulling stuff out of his ***. But, like I do any time I think of a potential trade, I make it as Jazz-centric as possible, and here's what I've got:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tgeq3ca

Minnesota rumored to be interested in Tomic a decade ago. They can have his rights.

Harry Giles May be available in Sacramento. He’s more interesting to me than Maker. I could get mildly excited about him because he’s been in Sacramento... I figure every player there is 20% worse than they would be elsewhere.
If he can play this jam every night, then I'm totally down:

Mine does the same. Women suck. Not literally though of course. That stopped over a decade ago.
It’s their job man. And it isn’t a bad thing... watched a guy I know leave his really good job... move his family across the country because it was always his dream to be an Air Force Pilot... that’s fine when you are young but right at the age cutoff is tough. Got out there and couldn’t cut it after 6 months... really set them all back and was a huge stress... I asked myself why his wife didn’t kill his dreams.

Without my wife I’d likely be writing nba articles from my in laws basement with my 4 kids... you know pursuing my passion.

But sometimes I just want to spitball things and she knocks all the ideas.

Has 36k followers but I'm assuming pulling stuff out of his ***. But, like I do any time I think of a potential trade, I make it as Jazz-centric as possible, and here's what I've got:

Minnesota rumored to be interested in Tomic a decade ago. They can have his rights.

I mean, I’m sure 20 teams have called them on RoCo.

This still leaves me excited as hell though.

Could we finish with Mitchell-Bogey-Ingles-RoCo-Gobert?

It’s their job man. And it isn’t a bad thing... watched a guy I know leave his really good job... move his family across the country because it was always his dream to be an Air Force Pilot... that’s fine when you are young but right at the age cutoff is tough. Got out there and couldn’t cut it after 6 months... really set them all back and was a huge stress... I asked myself why his wife didn’t kill his dreams.

Without my wife I’d likely be writing nba articles from my in laws basement with my 4 kids... you know pursuing my passion.

Yeah, starting in about 4-5 years, I want to start buying foreclosures. Buy condos by me. They’re cheaper and I won’t have the headaches of foundations, roofs, electrical or plumbing...though the latter two could come into play to a degree. Buy them. Put 25-30K into them. Sell them for a good profit. Sounds easy and I know that won’t be the case or everyone would do it, but I’m going to start going to Sheriff’s auctions this summer, asking questions, observing, etc.

I went through the auction list in August. There were two properties out of a few dozen with a large differential between approx upset and the approximate/assessed value of the place. One was a condo. 115K was owed on it. It sold at auction for about 208K iirc. Those go for between 290-330k by me.

I probably could have profited around 50-60K before paying the taxes on the gains.

I see a lot of people do this. Always shake my head. Like, sometimes it's just too obvious. I'm the exact opposite. Consistent to a fault.

I mean, I’m sure 20 teams have called them on RoCo.

This still leaves me excited as hell though.

Could we finish with Mitchell-Bogey-Ingles-RoCo-Gobert?
Could you finish with Mitchell-Bogey-Ingles-RoCo-Gobert?

I think that would have to be the Conley to Minny deal... It is pull **** out you *** season so literally anything is grain of salt.

I saw a tweet that said Tristan Thompson is being made available in trade and I laughed... like Cleveland was having conversations and was like "don't even ask about Tristan... he is not available for trade'.