What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Flipping Ed for Carrol would be great imo… hopefully Demarre could shoot well enough to take Georges minutes and it would move us one step closer to our ultimate destiny of having Juwan Morgan as a backup 5. Right now both TB and Ed would have to be hurt for them to try it.

A bench of JC, Junkyard Dog, Morgan with Royce/Ingles/DM/Conley mix makes more sense to me.

One thing I saw mentioned... Spurs might want to cut some salary by moving Belinelli and/or Demarre Carroll. I would have interest in a Demarre for Ed trade. DMC makes like $6M this year and next... has a small guarantee on the year after. Has been out of the rotation and his agent wants him moved... his agent is Mark Bartelstein… who owes us a couple favors so maybe we get something done there.

For those of you that don't know... Mark is Gordon's agent and Joe's agent... Jazz could have absolutely thrown his *** under the bus, but didn't... he owes us a few favors imo.
We only really need one Favors.

This isn't a rumor, but an idea that was posted. Interesting and possibly worth a shot on both sides.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/02/02/nba-trade-rumors-deadline-deals-nuggets/2/

Conley for Blake Griffin and Luke Kennard

Jazz trade away Mike Conley

This deal would wave the white flag for the Mike Conley experiment in Utah. Although Conley can be expected to play better during the second half of the season, after shaking off some injury rust, there are many warning signs (particularly finishing at the rim) that indicate that he is now at a different point in his career.

You can chalk up Utah’s latest 14-4 streak to a number of factors like a creampuff schedule, Ingles/Gobert being reunited, hot shooting, and the Jordan Clarkson trade, but there is still something to the fact that they are playing their best basketball without Conley.

The Griffin contract may be an albatross (two more seasons at 36.8MM and 39.0 MM after this one), but Jazz is likely to be capped out anyway. Perhaps he finds a way to recapture his all-NBA form from 2018-19. Kennard should help the Jazz win right away as a shooter and secondary playmaker.

For Detroit, this deal is basically exchanging an older and worse player (when healthy) for one less year of bad salary. It would help them jumpstart a desperately needed rebuild. It is also possible that Conley could play well enough to rehabilitate his trade value for next summer. Parting with Kennard is tough, but he is one year away from hitting restricted free agency and will likely never be more than a solid shooting guard.

This isn't a rumor, but an idea that was posted. Interesting and possibly worth a shot on both sides.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/02/02/nba-trade-rumors-deadline-deals-nuggets/2/

Conley for Blake Griffin and Luke Kennard

Jazz trade away Mike Conley

This deal would wave the white flag for the Mike Conley experiment in Utah. Although Conley can be expected to play better during the second half of the season, after shaking off some injury rust, there are many warning signs (particularly finishing at the rim) that indicate that he is now at a different point in his career.

You can chalk up Utah’s latest 14-4 streak to a number of factors like a creampuff schedule, Ingles/Gobert being reunited, hot shooting, and the Jordan Clarkson trade, but there is still something to the fact that they are playing their best basketball without Conley.

The Griffin contract may be an albatross (two more seasons at 36.8MM and 39.0 MM after this one), but Jazz is likely to be capped out anyway. Perhaps he finds a way to recapture his all-NBA form from 2018-19. Kennard should help the Jazz win right away as a shooter and secondary playmaker.

For Detroit, this deal is basically exchanging an older and worse player (when healthy) for one less year of bad salary. It would help them jumpstart a desperately needed rebuild. It is also possible that Conley could play well enough to rehabilitate his trade value for next summer. Parting with Kennard is tough, but he is one year away from hitting restricted free agency and will likely never be more than a solid shooting guard.

I don't like this at all for the Jazz. I just don't see Griffin ever being able to get and stay healthy, and the like the article say's, his contract is an albatross and won't come off the books for two more seasons. As for Kennard, his skillset doesn't really fit our needs. We have plenty of shooting and playmaking, what we could really use is a perimeter defender and a backup center.

Last edited:
I don't like this at all for the Jazz. I just don't see Griffin ever being able to get and stay healthy, and the like the article say's, his contract is an albatross and won't come off the books for two more seasons. As for Kenard, his skillset doesn't really fit our needs. We have plenty of shooting and playmaking, what we could really use is a perimeter defender and a backup center.
Agree.. if we are going for the albatross contract I prefer the CP3 trade I've thrown out a few times. He's healthy and fits better.

At the end, nobody won't move. I don't see Quin say " Mike is good, I think you saw him... you see the player he is... " And just trade him 1 week after. We will keep him, Ed and mini-van!

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think this deadline gonna be pretty dead... things I think happen doe:

Houston moves Capela… I think Boston in some weird 15 team scenario... they get RoCo in that move.

Clips make a big move... either Morris, or Steven Adams/Andre Drummond improvement at center.

Cleveland gets like 5 seconds and becomes a dumping ground.

I don't like this at all for the Jazz. I just don't see Griffin ever being able to get and stay healthy, and the like the article say's, his contract is an albatross and won't come off the books for two more seasons. As for Kenard, his skillset doesn't really fit our needs. We have plenty of shooting and playmaking, what we could really use is a perimeter defender and a backup center.

It's an enormous risk for sure. I'm not sold either, but if Griffin came back to 80% of the player he was last season, we would be so much better than we are right now. Griffin was amazing a year ago.

Luke Kennard seems like a great guy to trade elsewhere if this trade would actually be considered (which it won't be).

Just make the easy trades:

Davis for DMC.

Mudiay for Vonleh.

If we don't want to send Mudiay, send NWG and a second rounder.

DMC gets Niang's minutes.
Noah gets Bradley's minutes.

Win.

Just make the easy trades:

Davis for DMC.

Mudiay for Vonleh.

If we don't want to send Mudiay, send NWG and a second rounder.

DMC gets Niang's minutes.
Noah gets Bradley's minutes.

Win.

I keep hearing that upgrading TB's spot is only worth like .75 win shares... and garbage like that. One win can change seeding... in the playoffs it is "only 8-10 minutes"... well that can be the difference in one or two of those games and you end up losing.

Upgrade how and where we can... Clips and Lakers are actively looking to improve and they have less holes than us... or superstars that can seriously mask those holes.

Its just funny.

It’s funnier if you make it less obvious... even if the dumber posters don’t get it.
PqNXYee.jpg

we need to do something if we want to compete for the title this year or next. us standing pat won't help we just aren't good enough as is

At the end, nobody won't move. I don't see Quin say " Mike is good, I think you saw him... you see the player he is... " And just trade him 1 week after. We will keep him, Ed and mini-van!

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app
I thought it was minibus. That's what bolerhack said anyway

We are not moving Conley.