What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

we need to do something if we want to compete for the title this year or next. us standing pat won't help we just aren't good enough as is

That's the thing... I just don't think we are really trying to contend at this point. I think this offseason that was the idea, but certain things haven't materialized and we likely know there are not really any moves that we can make that change that.

I think the Jazz are keeping Conley, unless there's just a home run deal for him. I can't think of any that are realistic. Even guys like Aaron Gordon and Myles Turner might not get the Jazz to move on Conley. They'd want a near All Star--like, is Chicago going to offer us Zach Lavine? Very unlikely that Conley moves.

I think the Jazz would move Davis, Mudiay, Bradley, probably Niang.

We have six rookies who are 2RP-caliber players. The Jazz could move another 2RP or two.

Last edited:
It depends on what we’d get back for RoCo but I can back your point in theory.

and Conley has to be playing out of his mind in order to offset trampling on Joe and Rudy, the damage he does to our defense and rebounding, and putting Royce in a role where his strengths are wasted. You know this, I just wanted to answer the sentiment of “Conley was good last game...” I don’t give a **** about his game.
So true. Sometimes your one player playing better doesn't necessarily lead to your team playing better. We as jazz fans should hope for what is the best for the team, not what is best for Conley the player.

We are contenders as is.

But an upgrade to Niang or Bradley would greatly improve our odds.

I'm really not concerned at all with our core pieces. The concern about having too many ball dominant players is valid. I understand it. But to win it all the more offensive creators you have, the better. Its just a situation where the players have to gain chemistry and figure things out.

I’d give up an unprotected 1st, twp 2nds and any of our 2nds from this pst draft for RoCo.

The problem is that 1st wouldn’t be this year and I’m sure Minny wants one from this year plus more as indicated in articles today.

DeMarre Carroll and Noah Vonleh.
Shaq Harrison in Chicago is another guy I'd consider... give the second unit a wing defender.

But yeah... we shopping at K-Mart hoping to get a shady warehouse guy that will load a little extra in the car if we slip them a twenty outside... This analogy in no way resembles an experience I had in high school with a guy a buddy that worked at K-mart... it is purely made up.

Vonleh for a 2nd would get it done I think. Markieff a 1-2 seconds would. Baynes for two seconds might.

I think the Houston Boston stuff involves RoCo… wonder if Minny will need to clear roster spots as those two teams throw a bunch of contracts their way.

What I'm hinting at for us @infection is maybe NWG for Vonleh becomes a real thing... they can cut NWG immediately to open up a roster spot and it saves them 250k in real dollars because of the difference in salary.