What's new

2020 Presidential election

The ****ing Democrats are just so unreal. Where do they get off being so damn inconsistent and hypocritical? The hypocrisy coming from this party right now is like nothing I have ever witnessed. I mean really, the nerve of these people. Practically everything they do and say is laced with slimy hypocrisy. Makes you feek like you are living in bizzaro world and a fiction reality. This really feels like a movie.

The problem with this tweet is that it ignores the context in the 2016 election that would lead Pelosi to issue such a warning.

Namely, for months prior to the election, Trump claimed that the only way he would lose is if the election was rigged. And at rally after rally, he said it would be rigged. Most of us understood this to just be a way to make it appear he was cheated out of a win. He would never accept the fact that he could possibly truly lose at anything, after all:

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-rigged-election-226588

Then, during the last debate of 2016, he refused to say he would concede the election if he lost, thereby threatening the peaceful transfer of power:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ald-trump-election-results-reaction/92445068/

"Donald Trump has, in recent days, blasted the presidential campaign as "rigged," and at Wednesday's debate in Las Vegas, he was asked whether he would accept the election results, no matter the outcome.

He refused to make that commitment, saying he would "look at it at the time." When pressed again by moderator Chris Wallace, the GOP nominee said: “I will tell you at the time. I will keep you in suspense.”

-------------------

He later revised that by saying he would accept the results, if he won! Lol....

So, given this context, how can anyone blame Pelosi for feeling this way? After all, he has already overseen an increasing trend toward authoritarianism:

1. He has eliminated an independent DOJ, by appointing an AG that is no longer the people's AG, but simply another one of his legal defenders.

2. He is attempting to eliminate the Constitutional right of the Legislative branch to excercise oversight over the Executive branch, by simply ignoring every and all requests and supeanas pertaining to documents and testimony. Including suing Deutche Bank to keep his finances unseen. That may be justified, but it's more likely there are things he does not want the public to see, just as he continues to block access to his tax returns. This ignoring of the House also threatens our system that recognizes that all three branches of the federal government are equals.

Given these already obvious trends toward increasing the power of an imperial presidency, bolstered by an AG who believes in unlimited power for the Executive branch( and it's appropriate that Kamala Harris had asked the IG to find out if Trump has directed the AG to go after Trump's enemies), of course we should not expect a peaceful transition if Trump lost a close election in 2020. Even his supporters should be willing to admit that much.

Does anyone really believe he would pull an Al Gore and concede a close election, to preserve our tradition of peaceful transition? At the least, such an outcome goes against everything we know about Donald Trump. It would be completely out of character.

Last edited:
The ****ing Democrats are just so unreal. Where do they get off being so damn inconsistent and hypocritical? The hypocrisy coming from this party right now is like nothing I have ever witnessed. I mean really, the nerve of these people. Practically everything they do and say is laced with slimy hypocrisy. Makes you feek like you are living in bizzaro world and a fiction reality. This really feels like a movie.
I'm sure you can find something where the validity of Trump's election was questioned, but there was never any real effort to delegitimize the election. The Mueller probe could have led to impeachment, but impeachment IS NOT delegitimizing the election. It is an action taken against AN ELECTED official to remove them from office for some independent cause, not because they were never legitimately elected.

You guys have got to learn English if you want to be in my country. Like seriously, we speak English here. You should learn it.

I'm sure you can find something where the validity of Trump's election was questioned, but there was never any real effort to delegitimize the election. The Mueller probe could have led to impeachment, but impeachment IS NOT delegitimizing the election. It is an action taken against AN ELECTED official to remove them from office for some independent cause, not because they were never legitimately elected.

You guys have got to learn English if you want to be in my country. Like seriously, we speak English here. You should learn it.

You have got learn that the english language can be manipulated and people will lie to get what they want.

The Miller probe wasnt a legitimate investigation. Its was used a political game and weapon. It was political harassment and purposeful defaming.. The slimy Democrats literally tried to over throw the sitting president by using their connections with the FBI and media. That's worse than just delegitimizing the elected president. That should fall somewhere a long the lines of treason.

Everything you have been told by the main stream media was and is still false. Thats why he is still president. It doesnt take ****ing genius to figure this out.

You have got learn that the english language can be manipulated and people will lie to get what they want.

The Miller probe wasnt a legitimate investigation.

I thank you for providing an example of manipulating the English language and lying to say what you want.

Makes you feek like you are living in bizzaro world and a fiction reality. This really feels like a movie.

I think it's likely you are living in a fiction reality, also known as the cult of Trump and his fact free alternate universe.

The slimy Democrats literally tried to over throw the sitting president by using their connections with the FBI and media. That's worse than just delegitimizing the elected president. That should fall somewhere a long the lines of treason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the charge of treason is applied in times of war. Like lending aid and comfort to the enemy. That said, maybe the one event in recent years that most closely reminded me of treason was Trump standing next to Putin at Helsinki, standing next to the man who ochestrated an attack on our democracy, while he, Trump, the Commander-in-Chief of the nation Putin attacked, voiced support for Putin's claim that he and his nation has not meddled in our election. That would seem to be a form of lending comfort to Putin. Not technically treason, but down right disgraceful.

Calling Putin in recent days, the man whom America's intelligence communities and the Mueller report identified as launching this attack, and seemingly joking with Putin about the Mueller report and "the Russia hoax" also seems like the act of a man whose not too concerned with which side he's on. And an opportunity to troll his domestic enemies as well.

The Miller probe wasnt a legitimate investigation. Its was used a political game and weapon. It was political harassment and purposeful defaming.. The slimy Democrats literally tried to over throw the sitting president by using their connections with the FBI and media. That's worse than just delegitimizing the elected president. That should fall somewhere a long the lines of treason.

Everything you have been told by the main stream media was and is still false. Thats why he is still president. It doesnt take ****ing genius to figure this out.
You have admitted to facts that completely contradict what you're saying in this post. I'm not going to play the shell game with you. You're not worth talking to anymore if above being stupid you're going to be intentionally dishonest. Bye Bye.

I don't recall Pelosi ever claiming Trump wasn't President. Investigating suspected criminal behavior =/= calling an election illegitimate.

I don't recall Pelosi ever claiming Trump wasn't President. Investigating suspected criminal behavior =/= calling an election illegitimate.

Eh, you place more faith I her than I. She’s not calling it but she certainly implying it. To me at least.

But I don’t trust any of them.

Eh, you place more faith I her than I. She’s not calling it but she certainly implying it. To me at least.

But I don’t trust any of them.
This is kind of ironic because I'm not the world's biggest Pelosi fan by any stretch but one of my major criticisms of her is that she hasn't been combative enough with Trump.

Imo impeachment proceedings should've been started the day the Democrats retook the house.

This is kind of ironic because I'm not the world's biggest Pelosi fan by any stretch but one of my major criticisms of her is that she hasn't been combative enough with Trump.

Imo impeachment proceedings should've been started the day the Democrats retook the house.

Agreed.

Also, it should be noted that both Biden and Warren was bumps in the polls over the past two weeks, after they attacked trump. Warren in particular, saw her biggest jump after the CNN town hall where she asked the House to begin impeachment proceedings.

We didn’t vote democrats into office to produce bills that would die in the senate. We gave them the house to give Trump hell. Imo, the DNC should absolutely perish if they don’t make taking trump out their #1 Priority. Pelosi already admitted, she doesn’t think trump will leave peacefully if defeated in 2020. Sorry, then he’s a dictator, he poses an existential threat.

take him out.

Agreed.

Also, it should be noted that both Biden and Warren was bumps in the polls over the past two weeks, after they attacked trump. Warren in particular, saw her biggest jump after the CNN town hall where she asked the House to begin impeachment proceedings.

We didn’t vote democrats into office to produce bills that would die in the senate. We gave them the house to give Trump hell. Imo, the DNC should absolutely perish if they don’t make taking trump out their #1 Priority. Pelosi already admitted, she doesn’t think trump will leave peacefully if defeated in 2020. Sorry, then he’s a dictator, he poses an existential threat.

take him out.

Lmao.

More projection.

Dems believing Trump wont leave peacefully if he loses 2020. Dems can only see how they would act.

What the hell do you retards think he is going to do? Instruct the military to go to war with the Democrats. Or do you mean he is going to lay on the floor kicking and screaming, or tie himself to the White House? Or I know, make up some fake investigation into the next candidate.

Good ****ing god people. Get a grip. You are so out of touch with reality. Just goes to show how turned off your brains are if you actually think that is possibility.

Lmao.

More projection.

Dems believing Trump wont leave peacefully if he loses 2020. Dems can only see how they would act.

What the hell do you retards think he is going to do? Instruct the military to go to war with the Democrats. Or do you mean he is going to lay on the floor kicking and screaming, or tie himself to the White House? Or I know, make up some fake investigation into the next candidate.

Good ****ing god people. Get a grip. You are so out of touch with reality. Just goes to show how turned off your brains are if you actually think that is possibility.

Riiiiiighhhtttt.

Yep.

“It can’t happen here!”

The president would never ask Russia to find hillarys emails.

The president would never believe Putin over our own intelligence community.

The president would never lie about his business dealings in russia nor would he ever relax sanctions against Putin’s murderous regime.

The president would never call Putin and brag about beating Mueller while saying nothing about their attack on our democracy in 2016.

The president would never lie about Bob Mueller or call it a witch hunt.

The president would never demand that former FBI and DOJ leaders be investigated for investigating him.

The president would never prevent the SC from testifying before congress.

The president would never tell the dictator of North Korea that he's “with him” right after he blasted off several rockets toward japan.

The president would never demand that the sec of treasury block any attempts to gain access to his tax returns.

The president would never try to stack the courts with sexual predators or economic morons, like Stephen Moore and hermain Cain.

The president would never put children in cages and demand increased cruelty from ICE towards refugees.

The president would never call the press, “the enemy of the people.”

The president would never lie...

We’ve seen so many democratic norms blasted away. It’s really not much of a leap to see him come up with some excuse to stay in office longer, impede a peaceful transition to power, and otherwise sabotage the incoming administration.

Trump is the republic’s greatest threat. Democrats need to treat him as such, and take him out at any (political) cost.

Last edited:
Riiiiiighhhtttt.

Yep.

“It can’t happen here!”

The president would never ask Russia to find hillarys emails.

The president would never believe Putin over our own intelligence community.

The president would never lie about his business dealings in russia nor would he ever relax sanctions against Putin’s murderous regime.

The president would never call Putin and brag about beating Mueller while saying nothing about their attack on our democracy in 2016.

The president would never lie about Bob Mueller or call it a witch hunt.

The president would never demand that former FBI and DOJ leaders be investigated for investigating him.

The president would never prevent the SC from testifying before congress.

The president would never tell the dictator of North Korea that he's “with him” right after he blasted off several rockets toward japan.

The president would never demand that the sec of treasury block any attempts to gain access to his tax returns.

The president would never try to stack the courts with sexual predators or economic morons, like Stephen Moore and hermain Cain.

The president would never put children in cages and demand increased cruelty from ICE towards refugees.

The president would never call the press, “the enemy of the people.”

The president would never lie...

We’ve seen so many democratic norms blasted away. It’s really not much of a leap to see him come up with some excuse to stay in office longer, impede a peaceful transition to power, and otherwise sabotage the incoming administration.

Trump is the republic’s greatest threat. Democrats need to treat him as such, and take him out at any (political) cost.

Nothing you said in that post was true, nor did any of it address how the possibility of Trump taking over America and refusing to leave could actually happen.

Thanks for your paranoid delusional rant though.

Just look at how hard Hillary and the Democrats tried to illegally take over, even with the media, the entire, FBI, and basically half or all of the government all in cahoots, and they still couldnt do it.

How in the world is Trump, the guy who basically has nobody on his side in government, and is dumb as hell according to you, going to take over the presidency permanently and refuse to leave?

Grow a brain.

Does anyone really believe he would pull an Al Gore and concede a close election, to preserve our tradition of peaceful transition? At the least, such an outcome goes against everything we know about Donald Trump. It would be completely out of character.

I pointed out, in comment #324 above, that he repeatedly claimed the 2016 election would be rigged if he lost. That he would not lose in 2016 other then in a scenario where the Democrats cheated their way to a win. But he won.

But his ego was still hurt, because he lost the popular vote. So 3,000,000 illegal aliens voted for Clinton. No evidence, but he repeated that claim long after, and if you asked him now, he would still claim it. Even formed a commission to prove it, but absent any truth to the claim, the commission went nowhere.

Yet you cannot admit that the possibility exists that he would contest a close result if he lost. Under the circumstances, it would be out of character to see him pull an Al Gore. So, at least figuratively speaking, sure we could expect a little kicking and screaming. At the least, we should expect there would be nothing peaceful about a transition of power. He's your boy. I should think you would know better, not to understand what would be more in character. Pulling an Al Gore and gracefully conceding, or making a stink.