2020 Presidential election

The Thriller

Huh

I don't think pivoting to wishing child traffickers well was what the white house comms team had in mind.
I love these briefings. I wished he did two a day. My favorite part is how he never proofreads any of these statements so he's just as surprised as anyone else while reading. "Oh, we have 2 million ventilators! Wow who knew?! why don't you look at that!"

Him going off script with calling stuff "China virus" and wishing child traffickers well will certainly improve his approval rating.

At one point I was done with networks giving him a platform. But not anymore. In the words of Karl Malone, "I've pulled a 360." He needs to give 2-3 press conferences a day and every damn channel needs to broadcast his ****. People need to see unfiltered, how little this guy cares about actually addressing this pandemic. They need to see him wishing Epsein's thing well after 140,000 Americans have perished. They need to see him brag about the "China ban" as if everything was "Mission Accomplished" after that ban (which wasn't a ban). They need to see him try to explain why he should get multiple tests per day while Americans wait weeks for test results. They need to see how little is actually going on in his head. His press conferences are better than anything the Biden campaign or Lincoln Project can come up with.

Trump is seriously the only political candidate I've seen where I want his *** to lose AND I want to see him speak every single minute of every single day. The more airtime he gets, the better. I honestly have no problem with Biden hanging out in his basement until November. Trump riffing is the best campaign ad I've ever seen. And we know later this week he's gonna get pissed off, suggest injecting something up the *** for some easy covid cure, and rip the head off some reporter. You know it's coming. His zombies will come on here to try to re-explain what Trump meant. "Well assssshhhually, he didn't mean to inject lysol up the butt. He mean inject chlorine in the arm. And he said that because he's playing 10 dimensional chess and meant that figuratively not literally and now he's got you triggered! Checkmate libtard!"

Mooooooarrrrr conferences!!! MOOOOOOOARRRRR!

Last edited:

The Thriller

Judging by this actually on-message coronavirus briefing today, it seems fairly apparent that he knows his polls are in the toilet and if he doesn’t pivot, there’s no chance of a second term.

I think the damage is already done.
Trump always does this. For 3.5 years we've seen this. For 15 minutes he didn't slap a turd on the wall and smear someone's head in it. This was a horrible press conference and would've been the worst thing we'd ever seen if it had come from literally any other president.

But we also know that Trump always does this. For 15 minutes today he wasn't a complete *** with toilet paper stuck on his shoe. Just wait a day or two. You know it's coming. He will want to rip off the head of some reporter. He'll blame an asian female reporter for causing the China virus. He will demand Kaitlin Collins to take off her top or lose her WH access. He will say something racist and/or sexist. He'll finally discover "the cure" for covid. He'll go off on Fauci. We know it's coming because it is who he is. Book it, by the end of Thursday's press conference he will have had a horrible press conference where he will have embarrassed himself and destroyed any benefit that today's conference had.

Avery

It kind of seems like he doesn't remember what the actual things he was asked to recall were so he's just making them up based on what's nearby....
People that actually administer the test are saying that he’s getting a host of things wrong including the length, recall time being much shorter, no feedback is actually provided during the test, etc.

The ‘Biden is dumb’ line of thinking only works when the other candidate is smart and sensible and this is definitely not the year for either side to gloat about that.

Wes Mantooth

What’s crazy to me is that Trump’s only winning move would be to surrender to the mask crowd, mandate and drive down the numbers and hopefully show enough of a win that people take a second look at his ability to show results when his admin applies themselves. He can’t win unless COVID is decimated.

It’s getting near the end of the 3rd quarter and he’s down about three touchdowns. If Biden doesn’t start giving unforced errors, it’s over.
Watch. It’ll steadily go down. He’ll look better to his idiotic voters or those who had planned on leaving him and voting D, and then as soon as he wins, he’ll say we don’t need the masks anymore, we’ll be halfway through Fall, and numbers will explode.

Sadly, our best hope might be for the numbers to remain high.

Wes Mantooth

Hey, just like you guys...

Okay? What’s that show? That some idiot named El Jefe, ironically the name given to the brutal Dominican dictator about fifty years ago, can attempt feeble “assaults” on the left? What’s next? Some turd with the handle Benito showing some right dingleberries hoisting a Nazi flag, with some blue integrated, to show how patriotic they are?

Last edited:

candrew

People cling to leadership during times of crisis - they're even willing to forgive bad mistakes (see Cuomo in NY). You just have to display qualities of a leader.

Trump could have sewn up the election in March if he just went on TV and been straight with people and said "listen, we're probably going to get our *** kicked over the next couple months, but we're going fight like hell to get through this and we're going to do everything we can to mitigate this." And then turn things over to the experts.

But his ego wouldn't let that happen. He would minimize, deflect, shift blame, undermine his own people, say one thing and then tweet something else 3 hours later and then finally wash his hands of the whole thing while simultaneously professing to have all the answers - and in the end that's put him in the position he's in now. Not CNN or MSNBC or the liberal media - he has no one to blame but himself

Last edited:

Avery

In seeing some of the Republican conflict on the next stimulus project, part of me wonders is the ones clinging to electoral hopes in November are the ones pushing more money (i.e. - get in the good graces of voters) while the ones who are locked in to terms are more likely to stick to conservative principles.

One thing is for sure - when Biden wins, he will be blamed for the economy beginning January 20th.

latin jazz

Okay? What’s that show? That some idiot named El Jefe, ironically the name given to the brutal Dominican dictator about fifty years ago, can attempt feeble “assaults” on the left? What’s next? Some turd with the handle Benito showing some right dingleberries hoisting a Nazi flag with some blue integrated to show how patriotic they are?
right? I mean, how do you read that and say: "uh, that El Jefe Tulum guy seems like a very smart and reliable source, I need to quote him and show those progressive idiots at jazzfanz how wrong they are". Also, in Mexico (where Tulum is located), Jefe is associated with narcos.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
People cling to leadership during times of crisis - they're even willing to forgive bad mistakes (see Cuomo in NY). You just have to display qualities of a leader.

Trump could have sewn up the election in March if he just went on TV and been straight with people and said "listen, we're probably going to get our *** kicked over the next couple months, but we're going fight like hell to get through this and we're going to do everything we can to mitigate this." And then turn things over to the experts.

But his ego wouldn't let that happen. He would minimize, deflect, shift blame, undermine his own people, say one thing and then tweet something else 3 hours later and then finally wash his hands of the whole thing while simultaneously professing to have all the answers - and in the end that's put him in the position he's in now. Not CNN or MSNBC or the liberal media - he has no one to blame but himself
I'd be fairly interested in seeing that alternate reality play out. My suspicion would lead me to believe that people would have a very different view of what's happening and the data than they do currently. Especially as this would likely be seen in light of him attempting to use this as a diversion from impeachment. If it were originally him coming out of the gate saying to take this serious, saying that things would be really bad, and pushing out people fomenting fear and exerting executive power like we've never seen to 'control' the virus? I'd strongly suspect you'd see a complete inversion in who's arguing which side of everything. Especially as early on with COVID (back in January and early February) it was primarily the far right using it as a beating post against the CCP.

Avery

I'd be fairly interested in seeing that alternate reality play out. My suspicion would lead me to believe that people would have a very different view of what's happening and the data than they do currently. Especially as this would likely be seen in light of him attempting to use this as a diversion from impeachment. If it were originally him coming out of the gate saying to take this serious, saying that things would be really bad, and pushing out people fomenting fear and exerting executive power like we've never seen to 'control' the virus? I'd strongly suspect you'd see a complete inversion in who's arguing which side of everything. Especially as early on with COVID (back in January and early February) it was primarily the far right using it as a beating post against the CCP.
Effort matters. If voters feel that the admin would have made a good faith effort and that the virus was simply too overpowering no matter what we would have done, more quarter would have been given and leniency would have been better. This would have reflected in the poll numbers in the confidence of handling a crisis.