What's new

2020 Presidential election

I only listened to about 15 minutes of the VP debate. It's all so dumb. The moderator would ask them each a question about the issue with Trump and Bidens age. Pence just talks about the swine flu from 2009 and harris just talks about her upbringing and her accomplishments.

Neither even attempted at all to answer the question that was asked.

I couldn't take it and had to turn it off.

The part I did listen to i thought pence was winning though. He sure is well spoken and articulate. If I knew nothing of either candidate or which party they were from or anything about trump or Biden etc and these two were running for potus then pence would get my vote based off the little I heard.

I heard a little on the radio on the way home. Pence blaming Biden for someone being killed because he thinks they didn't go in fast enough, as if Obama wasn't listening to his military commanders.

Also, Pence talking over time and insisting on getting more time, while Harris respected the rules of the debate. Very symbolic.

I only listened to about 15 minutes of the VP debate. It's all so dumb. The moderator would ask them each a question about the issue with Trump and Bidens age. Pence just talks about the swine flu from 2009 and harris just talks about her upbringing and her accomplishments.

The part I did listen to i thought pence was winning though. He sure is well spoken and articulate. If I knew nothing of either candidate or which party they were from or anything about trump or Biden etc and these two were running for potus then pence would get my vote based off the little I heard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I missed it so thanks for your thoughts. To be honest Pence as president worries me more than Trump.

I like how both Pence and Donald have brought up “swine flu” and compared it to covid and neither moderator has fact checked that comparison. Around 12,000 died from it and over 200,000 have died from covid.

I also like how both Pence and Donald keep bragging about some health care reform bill, as if they haven’t had 4 years already. Other than the Q morons, who actually thinks Donald has a health care plan?

Finally, I don’t know what the point of moderators are in these debates. Candidates aren’t answering questions and Republicans treat the moderator as a doormat. Pence talking over Harris and Page tonight is surely going to win over the suburban women that they desperately need for re-election... so why even have moderators? What purpose do they serve?

I’m very fearful that Harris was just exposed to covid tonight. Covid can cause pink eye and Mike Pence definitely wasn’t looking good:

Didn’t watch any of it. Didn’t really care to.

What is up with Pence’s eye? Pinkeye sucks, what an awful time to get it. Should have asked for a tinted plexiglass window or an eyepatch.

I tried to watch this as if I were an undecided voter. I think Pence started out stronger but really fizzled out after the first 10 minutes or so.

Moderator asks question X
Pence spends one minute on question Y, 30 seconds on random anecdote, then another 30 seconds and more going over his time bringing up Biden wanting to abolish fossil fuels or end fracking or the Green New Deal or something.

Then he had the big brain moment of saying that Obama/Biden screwed up Swine Flu so badly, that if it was as deadly as COVID-19, a zillion people would be dead. Then pulled the "Trump has a Jewish son in law and daughter" card to defend Trump's saying that "there are good people on both sides" when the other side was neo-nazis.

For the record, I think Pence is a nutjob, and if you're curious you should see how he handled the HIV outbreak when he was governor of Indiana. I think Pence is a "good" politician in that he is calm and on the surface seems reasonable. But he seemed like he spent all of his good deflections in the first couple questions and he started just rehashing and kind of spinning the wheels the last hour or so of the debate.

Another highlight was Pence refusing to say if Trump would peacefully give up power if he lost the election. Should've been an easy slam dunk response, but Pence didn't answer it.

I tried to watch this as if I were an undecided voter. I think Pence started out stronger but really fizzled out after the first 10 minutes or so.

Moderator asks question X
Pence spends one minute on question Y, 30 seconds on random anecdote, then another 30 seconds and more going over his time bringing up Biden wanting to abolish fossil fuels or end fracking or the Green New Deal or something.

Then he had the big brain moment of saying that Obama/Biden screwed up Swine Flu so badly, that if it was as deadly as COVID-19, a zillion people would be dead. Then pulled the "Trump has a Jewish son in law and daughter" card to defend Trump's saying that "there are good people on both sides" when the other side was neo-nazis.

For the record, I think Pence is a nutjob, and if you're curious you should see how he handled the HIV outbreak when he was governor of Indiana. I think Pence is a "good" politician in that he is calm and on the surface seems reasonable. But he seemed like he spent all of his good deflections in the first couple questions and he started just rehashing and kind of spinning the wheels the last hour or so of the debate.

Another 900 Americans died today of covid. It’s so silly to hear members of this administration compare swine flu to covid when more Americans die from covid every 2 weeks than a year of swine flu. Not to mention the long term health problems.

Pence: President Trump and I will continue listening to the scientists
Trump: "I don't think science knows, actually"

Pence: It's insulting that you would question a vaccine if the Trump administration approves it!
Trump:

There really is a tweet for everything

So I've been asking 1000s of Chinese people who they prefer for the president of USA in this ejection.

The overwhelmingly correct answer is? And why?

Another 900 Americans died today of covid. It’s so silly to hear members of this administration compare swine flu to covid when more Americans die from covid every 2 weeks than a year of swine flu. Not to mention the long term health problems.
Lol they didn't die from covid.

I’d be shocked if you still felt this way after more than 5 minutes. Pence is a phony blow hard... he’s just practiced that 1950s Americana ******** personae. He’s a liar.