What's new

2020 Presidential election

Yeah, like 90% of student debt is owed directly to the federal government.

I think that money is better off circulating in the economy than the alternative, but that's just me.

Stats I've seen say it's only ~1.5T (I'm not sure where that 3T number came from). That's approximately what the Trump tax cuts have cost us over the last 3 years and I'm certain this would do far more direct good for both our economy and the people in it than those cuts did.

It's still not super high on my priority list (healthcare, voting-reforms, tax changes to support healthcare and balance the budget long-term), but it does seem like a pretty clear net good for the people of the US.

All in on Bernie at this point. The more unfounded accusations of utopian, radical ideas that he brings to the table the more me and others will be drawn into his grassroots movement.
One thing I really like about him that some Dems hate is that he truly seems to not be partisan to his party. He isn't going to simply follow orders from the DNC and fall in line. He will stand up for what he believes is best for most Americans.
Trump talked about draining the swamp (lol) and it was all talk.

I believe Bernie really will drain the swamp.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

One thing I really like about him that some Dems hate is that he truly seems to not be partisan to his party. He isn't going to simply follow orders from the DNC and fall in line. He will stand up for what he believes is best for most Americans.
Trump talked about draining the swamp (lol) and it was all talk.

I believe Bernie really will drain the swamp.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t get cockblocked at the national convention.

Let’s just hope he doesn’t get ****blocked at the national convention.
Or lose to Trump in the general.
I think that some of what thriller says about Bernie might be true (that he loses to Trump and there might be a better candidate to beat trump) but I want the best president possible not just one that can beat trump and then suck as president after beating trump

I guess I want more than just no Trump. I want no trump and a good president and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Or lose to Trump in the general.
I think that some of what thriller says about Bernie might be true (that he loses to Trump and there might be a better candidate to beat trump) but I want the best president possible not just one that can beat trump and then suck as president after beating trump

I guess I want more than just no Trump. I want no trump and a good president and I don't think that's too much to ask.

This narrative of other candidates being able to beat Trump is floating out there. I just don’t see it, I don’t possibly see how someone like Biden for instance will gain enough support. At the end of the day Bernie is our best bet imo. He’s the only one capable of moving the younger generation, the ones that will swing the election one way or another.

This narrative of other candidates being able to beat Trump is floating out there. I just don’t see it, I don’t possibly see how someone like Biden for instance will gain enough support. At the end of the day Bernie is our best bet imo. He’s the only one capable of moving the younger generation, the ones that will swing the election one way or another.
Well I'm hopeful that no matter who wins the Democratic nomination people like yourself, me, Colton etc (never Trumpers that aren't Dems) will vote for whoever that person is and trump will be gone no matter what.
But, like I said, I would prefer to have my cake and eat it too work a trump loss and a good president so I'm going for Bernie.

And you know what, if someone the likes of Biden or Bloomberg is the best that we can offer the middle class, maybe we do need 4 more years of Trump, maybe we need Trump to eff things up in a way that there’s no other choice than to bring about real change once and for all, to blow up the team in basketball terms.

If there were a more moderate candidate I thought was a lock to defeat Trump I'd strongly consider them. Thing is, as best I can tell all of the Dem candidates range from slightly unfavored to toss-up's vs Trump. That's the simple truth of our current crop, there's no Obama here. So even if Bernie is slightly unfavored, well, that's the same as everyone else (Biden/Warren/Klobuchar/Pete), so why should I weight that heavily at all?

Pretty confident he's got alzheimers setting in.
Forgetfulness is a normal consequence of aging. No reason to be at all confident Biden has Alzheimer's. The feebleness and confusion he sometimes exhibits during periods of high stress are not unusual for someone closing in on eighty. Of course, this doesn’t mean he has the necessary vigor to properly run for president or to be able to competently govern if elected.

I think it's 50-50 on whether Bernie gets the nomination. It will either be Bernie with a plurality of delegates or a brokered convention that goes to Bloomberg. Biden, Warren, Buttigieg, Klobuchar and Steyer simply aren't viable candidates. South Carolina seems to be giving Biden a nod for being Obama's VP, but otherwise, Biden really just needs to retire. No disrespect, but he's baked at this point.

Buttigieg, Warren or Klobuchar could end up being added to the ticket as VP.

I'm guessing Bloomberg already has some kind of deal with the DNC. To enter the race this late and spend this much of his own money, he'd have to have a backroom deal with the DNC and super delegates. It may be one reason why Buttigieg and Biden won't attack him.

I think it's 50-50 on whether Bernie gets the nomination. It will either be Bernie with a plurality of delegates or a brokered convention that goes to Bloomberg. Biden, Warren, Buttigieg, Klobuchar and Steyer simply aren't viable candidates. South Carolina seems to be giving Biden a nod for being Obama's VP, but otherwise, Biden really just needs to retire. No disrespect, but he's baked at this point.

Buttigieg, Warren or Klobuchar could end up being added to the ticket as VP.

I'm guessing Bloomberg already has some kind of deal with the DNC. To enter the race this late and spend this much of his own money, he'd have to have a backroom deal with the DNC and super delegates. It may be one reason why Buttigieg and Biden won't attack him.
This is interesting. Bernie's campaign has said they won't accept Bloomberg's help.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1143296