What's new

2020 Presidential election

Coronavirus briefings are coming back!

Guess we already at the point where Hail Marys are going to start getting tossed on the field. I can’t fathom that Trump will stay on topic for these which just gives Biden more time to clean up his basement.

There are honestly times where I feel bad for this admin. No one other than Trump thinks him leading covid Press conferences is a good idea. And then I see the Georgia gov suing Atlanta’s mayor for mandating masks, I see Florida’s governor doing nothing to lower 10,000+ cases per day, I see Ted Cruz arguing with Mark Cuban over the National Anthem, Jim Jordan talking about Drew Brees, Sean Hannity acting like Portland is Stalingrad in 1942, and Trump continues to spout off against testing. **** it. **** the entire party.

Everything burns.

So yes, do the stupid press conferences. Continue to commit political suicide.

Edit: just saw this

Is there a way they could schedule two press conferences or more per day? Trump sucks so bad.

As if this election couldn’t get weirder, Kanye’s odd rants last night and tonight on Twitter tells me that Biden and Trump are both more cognizant than him.

Are we sure this isn’t some ****ed up version of the matrix?

I'm so glad we held the Bush administration accountable for their eight years of authoritarian ********.

Yeah, the imperial presidency has been a work in progress for awhile now. That said, Trump is a different animal altogether, and he is bringing things to a head where authoritarianism in America is concerned. And, as conservative Jennifer Rubin suggested in a recent Washington Post opinion piece, we should establish some form of “truth commission” early in a Biden administration....

The first goal should be a complete historical accounting of the reams of scandals and abuses of power in the Trump era. We usually leave it “to history” to review a presidency, but here we need a swift and definitive legal accounting on issues such as any secret understandings with Russian President Vladimir Putin; the use of federal forces against peaceful demonstrators; the limitations imposed on the FBI in investigating Brett M. Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing; the firings of inspectors general and more. (I would not recommend redoing the Russia and Ukraine investigations, although coming to a conclusion where then-special counsel Robert S. Mueller III would not — on whether Trump committed crimes — may be required.)

The second goal should be to investigate crimes by others so as to prosecute them and set an example for future administrations. My suggestion would be for Biden’s attorney general to announce on his or her first day in office that everyone in the Justice Department has two weeks to deliver any evidence of crimes or ethical violations by anyone in the department, up to and including the attorney general. Anyone who does not may themselves be the subject of investigation and prosecution. We need a full fumigation of the Justice Department in particular; only when we know who did what can we go about repairing its reputation.

Yeah, the imperial presidency has been a work in progress for awhile now. That said, Trump is a different animal altogether, and he is bringing things to a head where authoritarianism in America is concerned. And, as conservative Jennifer Rubin suggested in a recent Washington Post opinion piece, we should establish some form of “truth commission” early in a Biden administration....

The first goal should be a complete historical accounting of the reams of scandals and abuses of power in the Trump era. We usually leave it “to history” to review a presidency, but here we need a swift and definitive legal accounting on issues such as any secret understandings with Russian President Vladimir Putin; the use of federal forces against peaceful demonstrators; the limitations imposed on the FBI in investigating Brett M. Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing; the firings of inspectors general and more. (I would not recommend redoing the Russia and Ukraine investigations, although coming to a conclusion where then-special counsel Robert S. Mueller III would not — on whether Trump committed crimes — may be required.)

The second goal should be to investigate crimes by others so as to prosecute them and set an example for future administrations. My suggestion would be for Biden’s attorney general to announce on his or her first day in office that everyone in the Justice Department has two weeks to deliver any evidence of crimes or ethical violations by anyone in the department, up to and including the attorney general. Anyone who does not may themselves be the subject of investigation and prosecution. We need a full fumigation of the Justice Department in particular; only when we know who did what can we go about repairing its reputation.
#FullFumigation sounds like something the Biden campaign should use

Reactions: Red
As if this election couldn’t get weirder, Kanye’s odd rants last night and tonight on Twitter tells me that Biden and Trump are both more cognizant than him.

Are we sure this isn’t some ****ed up version of the matrix?
I think we've all completely slipped into the universe of the Mandela Effect.

Judging by this actually on-message coronavirus briefing today, it seems fairly apparent that he knows his polls are in the toilet and if he doesn’t pivot, there’s no chance of a second term.

I think the damage is already done.

Huh

I don't think pivoting to wishing child traffickers well was what the white house comms team had in mind.

I love these briefings. I wished he did two a day. My favorite part is how he never proofreads any of these statements so he's just as surprised as anyone else while reading. "Oh, we have 2 million ventilators! Wow who knew?! why don't you look at that!"

Him going off script with calling stuff "China virus" and wishing child traffickers well will certainly improve his approval rating.

At one point I was done with networks giving him a platform. But not anymore. In the words of Karl Malone, "I've pulled a 360." He needs to give 2-3 press conferences a day and every damn channel needs to broadcast his ****. People need to see unfiltered, how little this guy cares about actually addressing this pandemic. They need to see him wishing Epsein's thing well after 140,000 Americans have perished. They need to see him brag about the "China ban" as if everything was "Mission Accomplished" after that ban (which wasn't a ban). They need to see him try to explain why he should get multiple tests per day while Americans wait weeks for test results. They need to see how little is actually going on in his head. His press conferences are better than anything the Biden campaign or Lincoln Project can come up with.

Trump is seriously the only political candidate I've seen where I want his *** to lose AND I want to see him speak every single minute of every single day. The more airtime he gets, the better. I honestly have no problem with Biden hanging out in his basement until November. Trump riffing is the best campaign ad I've ever seen. And we know later this week he's gonna get pissed off, suggest injecting something up the *** for some easy covid cure, and rip the head off some reporter. You know it's coming. His zombies will come on here to try to re-explain what Trump meant. "Well assssshhhually, he didn't mean to inject lysol up the butt. He mean inject chlorine in the arm. And he said that because he's playing 10 dimensional chess and meant that figuratively not literally and now he's got you triggered! Checkmate libtard!"

Mooooooarrrrr conferences!!! MOOOOOOOARRRRR!

Last edited:
Judging by this actually on-message coronavirus briefing today, it seems fairly apparent that he knows his polls are in the toilet and if he doesn’t pivot, there’s no chance of a second term.

I think the damage is already done.

Trump always does this. For 3.5 years we've seen this. For 15 minutes he didn't slap a turd on the wall and smear someone's head in it. This was a horrible press conference and would've been the worst thing we'd ever seen if it had come from literally any other president.

But we also know that Trump always does this. For 15 minutes today he wasn't a complete *** with toilet paper stuck on his shoe. Just wait a day or two. You know it's coming. He will want to rip off the head of some reporter. He'll blame an asian female reporter for causing the China virus. He will demand Kaitlin Collins to take off her top or lose her WH access. He will say something racist and/or sexist. He'll finally discover "the cure" for covid. He'll go off on Fauci. We know it's coming because it is who he is. Book it, by the end of Thursday's press conference he will have had a horrible press conference where he will have embarrassed himself and destroyed any benefit that today's conference had.