What's new

2020 Voter Turnout?

Will Impeachment Affect Turnout?

• Yes, Many more Republicans Will Vote.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, Many more Democrats Will Vote.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Both Democrats and Republicans Will Vote More.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No.

• Less Democrats Will Vote.

• Less Republicans Will Vote.

• Everyone Will Vote Less.

• Total voters
I’d be shocked if we don’t have the largest voter turnout ever.

Dems are dying to vote, I’m sure. They DO NOT want another four years of this ********. I’d guess a decent amount didn’t vote prior because they thought Hilary was going to win relatively easily.

On the flip side, the Republican voters know this. They’re a zealous bunch. And they want to vote for their savior, chest sticking out...and middle finger too to the Dems.
I agree.
I would love to give the benefit of the doubt to Americans that many of them who supported Trump last election would have given up their support for him by now, partisanship be damned. Especially if he had the impeached asterisk next to his name. It would be very very sad if none of his past supporters stopped supporting him.
I'm an optimist who typically sees the good in people so I'm still going to believe that there is more than just blind partisanship in many republican and Democrat voters and that things like impeachment will still matter to a decent amount of people.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My wife asked me if a president who has been impeached can run for the president again. I told he I don't know.
Any insights on that inquiry?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Probably - I know they can run for public office again.

Andrew Johnson was impeached and served in the Senate for several years after he was president.

If they're impeached AND convicted - that might be a different matter.

They could certainly get enough votes to impeach simply along party lines. To remove him, however, is something totally different. Often people conflate the two. He is not going to be removed. That would require like 20+ Republican and all independents to vote to remove, plus all Democrats. So the question is if impeaching, but not removing him, would affect the Democrats in 2020, or if that would just be another let-down that gets spun as a moral victory but doesn't reach the goal in everyone's minds currently (which is removal rather than just impeachment).

As an aside, people who hated Clinton (and Obama) looked really silly when their wishful fantasies had them believing that Clinton being arrested was just around the corner! Every turn, there was reassurance of how she was about to be brought down because of ____ (and Obama, too). Yes, I get it, "but this is different!" Ultimately, he won't be removed. The goal-post will shift, another "constitutional crisis" will arise and that one is really going to take him down! Just like Clinton. If the right could have been more self-reflective about their wishful fantasies being just that, they could have saved themselves a lot of embarrassment. When the tables turn, the left is as self-reflective as those they despise. Yeah, "but it's different!!" Bottom line is that he won't be removed from office, and those arguing that he will be will have some spin on the corruption of why he wasn't (when it never comes to fruition).

This is exactly whats going to happen.

I’d be shocked if we don’t have the largest voter turnout ever.

Dems are dying to vote, I’m sure. They DO NOT want another four years of this ********. I’d guess a decent amount didn’t vote prior because they thought Hilary was going to win relatively easily.

On the flip side, the Republican voters know this. They’re a zealous bunch. And they want to vote for their savior, chest sticking out...and middle finger too to the Dems.

It also might just awaken a whole bunch of people who dont vote, and who knows which way they will lean. A lot of people already dont vote. This mess between Trump and the Democrats is loud and is pushing politics into more people's lives. Giving them more motivation to vote. I think the numbers are going to be a lot higher in 2020.

I predict more people move to the right. There are more rational than hysterical people in the world.

Obama's presidency was boring. Thats how they got away with so much. No one cared. This **** show now is a soap opera. Lots of people care.

I think voters will turn out in droves. One thing I’m watching is how the disaffected conservative voters vote. Voters like Colton.

I think voters will turn out in droves. One thing I’m watching is how the disaffected conservative voters vote. Voters like Colton.
I think most of them, again, vote independent.