What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My prediction: A high scoring shootout either team can win. I will say OSU wins 42-37. Utes will score a bunch because their strength (running attack) is OSU weakness (stopping the run). OSU will score a bunch because they have the top offense in the country. #1 in points per game at 45.5 (iirc) and #1 in yards per game (500 plus. cant remember the exact amount but something like 530 per game iirc) and most effecient offense in the country.

Special teams could be an x-factor. This could be Coveys shining moment of his career and go out with a bang.
Should be a good game.
Pretty damn good prediction

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
My prediction: A high scoring shootout either team can win. I will say OSU wins 42-37. Utes will score a bunch because their strength (running attack) is OSU weakness (stopping the run). OSU will score a bunch because they have the top offense in the country. #1 in points per game at 45.5 (iirc) and #1 in yards per game (500 plus. cant remember the exact amount but something like 530 per game iirc) and most effecient offense in the country.

Special teams could be an x-factor. This could be Coveys shining moment of his career and go out with a bang.
Should be a good game.
If no one else scores then this is a pretty darn good prediction lol.
Also nailed it with the covey prediction and special teams playing a big role.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Ohio state should have kicked every kickoff out of bounds and took the penalty lol. Since apparently their kicker cant kick it into the end zone.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Wow what a great play by the walk on backup qb. Weird that he is even in the game. He is a walk on and the utes have a 4* transfer from texas chillin on the bench. I guess it was the right move though.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
OSU has to kick it out of bounds here right? Should have been doing it all along but they have to now.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Great game utes. Ute fans should keep their heads up.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Shocked that the utes didn't use any timeouts on ohio states last drive. Utes finish the game still having 3 timeouts. Smh.

prodigy

Biggest play of the game IMO was them stopping Kuithe on the 4th down play. Up until that point it felt like it was Utah's game to win. Their defense rose to the occassion after a wild 1st half.

I think our defense was tired at the end of the game and were just playing at the mercy of Ohio State offense.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Great game utes. Ute fans should keep their heads up.
Little bit of a heartbreaker.

It was clear after Ohio started clicking on offense that the Utes really couldn't stop them. It was like watching a HS student try to tackle a college athlete on damn near every possession. They either had to bump them out of bounds or just drag them to a halt by holding onto them. They started giving them a buffer so they didn't get burned which seemed to mean Ohio could get 5 yards on any pass they wanted and half of those would turn into 15 yd plus plays.

prodigy

It seems like Utah never wins when they have the first chance to do something. First time to win South - lose. First time to win Pac-12 - lose, First time to win rose bowl - lose. Mabye we'll win a rose bowl down the line. Still gotta give props to the players for at least getting there.