What's new

2021-2022 College Football Board (Utes, Cougars, and Aggies)

My prediction: A high scoring shootout either team can win. I will say OSU wins 42-37. Utes will score a bunch because their strength (running attack) is OSU weakness (stopping the run). OSU will score a bunch because they have the top offense in the country. #1 in points per game at 45.5 (iirc) and #1 in yards per game (500 plus. cant remember the exact amount but something like 530 per game iirc) and most effecient offense in the country.

Special teams could be an x-factor. This could be Coveys shining moment of his career and go out with a bang.
Should be a good game.
Pretty damn good prediction

My prediction: A high scoring shootout either team can win. I will say OSU wins 42-37. Utes will score a bunch because their strength (running attack) is OSU weakness (stopping the run). OSU will score a bunch because they have the top offense in the country. #1 in points per game at 45.5 (iirc) and #1 in yards per game (500 plus. cant remember the exact amount but something like 530 per game iirc) and most effecient offense in the country.

Special teams could be an x-factor. This could be Coveys shining moment of his career and go out with a bang.
Should be a good game.
If no one else scores then this is a pretty darn good prediction lol.
Also nailed it with the covey prediction and special teams playing a big role.

Ohio state should have kicked every kickoff out of bounds and took the penalty lol. Since apparently their kicker cant kick it into the end zone.

Wow what a great play by the walk on backup qb. Weird that he is even in the game. He is a walk on and the utes have a 4* transfer from texas chillin on the bench. I guess it was the right move though.

OSU has to kick it out of bounds here right? Should have been doing it all along but they have to now.

Great game utes. Ute fans should keep their heads up.

Shocked that the utes didn't use any timeouts on ohio states last drive. Utes finish the game still having 3 timeouts. Smh.

Biggest play of the game IMO was them stopping Kuithe on the 4th down play. Up until that point it felt like it was Utah's game to win. Their defense rose to the occassion after a wild 1st half.

I think our defense was tired at the end of the game and were just playing at the mercy of Ohio State offense.

Great game utes. Ute fans should keep their heads up.
Little bit of a heartbreaker.

It was clear after Ohio started clicking on offense that the Utes really couldn't stop them. It was like watching a HS student try to tackle a college athlete on damn near every possession. They either had to bump them out of bounds or just drag them to a halt by holding onto them. They started giving them a buffer so they didn't get burned which seemed to mean Ohio could get 5 yards on any pass they wanted and half of those would turn into 15 yd plus plays.

It seems like Utah never wins when they have the first chance to do something. First time to win South - lose. First time to win Pac-12 - lose, First time to win rose bowl - lose. Mabye we'll win a rose bowl down the line. Still gotta give props to the players for at least getting there.

It seems like Utah never wins when they have the first chance to do something. First time to win South - lose. First time to win Pac-12 - lose, First time to win rose bowl - lose. Mabye we'll win a rose bowl down the line. Still gotta give props to the players for at least getting there.
Gotta give em hella props. They were not supposed to be there and once they got there they weren't supposed to win and damn near did.

Gotta give em hella props. They were not supposed to be there and once they got there they weren't supposed to win and damn near did.
They should be in the conversation next year as well. Will be tougher with a target on your back. But another year with Cam Rising and company is a good thing.

Great year for football in Utah, although 1 win of the 3 bowl games is a bit of a bummer.
True. However Ohio state was the best offense in the country and utah played their butts off and nearly pulled the upset. Great showing. BYU lost a close game that they should have won but I think they were pretty disappointed in the bowl, the city they played in, and the opponent plus had a monsoon hit right before the game. Everything I heard from BYU fans who made the trek to shreveport was that shreveport is a **** hole and the weather was horrible and it was just a depressing place to be. I think the players felt that way too.

Utah state on the other hand wasn't supposed to have a chance against SDSU in the championship game and they beat the odds and balled out and brought emotion and momentum into their bowl game against a middle tier pac12 opponent in a very down year for the pac 12.

True. However Ohio state was the best offense in the country and utah played their butts off and nearly pulled the upset. Great showing. BYU lost a close game that they should have won but I think they were pretty disappointed in the bowl, the city they played in, and the opponent plus had a monsoon hit right before the game. Everything I heard from BYU fans who made the trek to shreveport was that shreveport is a **** hole and the weather was horrible and it was just a depressing place to be. I think the players felt that way too.

Utah state on the other hand wasn't supposed to have a chance against SDSU in the championship game and they beat the odds and balled out and brought emotion and momentum into their bowl game against a middle tier pac12 opponent in a very down year for the pac 12.
Ohio State is good, and it showed with the high level of play with 24 scholarship players out including four key starters opting out to avoid injury for the draft. It almost feels unfair with how much talent some teams get.

Still, Utah controlled most of the game and had a good showing.

As far as BYU, no excuses, they didn't step up. Playing the bowl they didn't want (losing reinforces their bowl placement) or complaining about the location is weak sauce. Simply a bad loss.

USU beat a SDSU team without a lot of players due to COVID, but dominated the game to win thr MW championship they were lucky to get to due to Boise losing to SDSU.

They won their bowl game against a team that beat Utah early on with Rising playing, but it was before Utah really clicked. They also did it with their third string QB, who had never thrown a pass in a college game.

Sometimes losses like what the Utes experienced with SDSU and Oregon State are what a team needs to focus and get where they need to be. For Ohio State those losses were Oregon and Michigan, which kept them out of the playoff, with the Rose Bowl being the consolation.

If USU hadn't lost to Wyoming, I'm not sure they would have had the focus to beat SDSU and Oregon State. My hats are off to them as the MW was pretty strong this year.

Last edited:
So... is there anybody out there that isn't part of the SEC fanbase that gives a rat's *** about who wins between Alabama and Georgia?

So... is there anybody out there that isn't part of the SEC fanbase that gives a rat's *** about who wins between Alabama and Georgia?
I don't care who wins but I do care about the game and am excited to watch it. Both teams are amazing with tons of talent. The two best teams in college football going head to head will always get me excited. I like football anyways but especially when it's the best of the best. Get to see a bunch of future NFL guys in that game going head to head for a championship. Should be a great game and very entertaining.