What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Trading up should be an option this year especially with the Knicks, Rockets, and Thunder having 3 first-round picks each.

I think the Jazz would have to offer #30, Hughes/Dok plus maybe a future 2nd to get Houston interested at #24. And that assumes Houston is targeting someone they like at #30 (like the Jazz targeting Dok last year).

So we trading a 20 ppg scorer to move up a few spots in a draft?

Jazz really can't afford to trade up. If they are trading Bogey, they need to extract all that value in player assets who can help them win now, not for a future guy (unless you are absolutely positive you're drafting your next Gobert/Mitchell).

I don’t think Thor or Highland are going to be available at 30.

They might.

Here are probably the Top 5: Cunningham, Mobley, Green, Suggs, Barnes.
IMO, 6 - 10 are likely to include: Kuminga, K. Johnson, Bouknight, J. Johnson, Sengun
IMO, 11 - 15 are likely: Moody, K. Jones, Giddey, Mitchell, Wagner
IMO, 16 - 20 are likely: Kispert, Jackson, Garuba, Duarte.....and lets put Primo in this group for now.
None of these guys should be expected to drop to #30.

Then 21 - 25 might include: Cooper, Mann, Springer, Murphy, Butler

So several of these guys have to be there at #30: Thor, Roko, Ziaire, Bones, Cam, Vrenz, Ayo, Christopher, Todd... I think that's the list the Jazz are looking at for #30.

I could see Thor go in the mid-20s, but he's still considered something of a project. Also add Day'Ron Sharpe somewhere in the mid-20s.

I know it's unpopular, but I would look at trading Bojan to the Lakers for Kuzma, #22, and a protected 1st in 2026.

The Lakers are going to want to make a splash early this offseason. They want shooting and guys who fit with LeBron and AD. Bojan fits the bill perfectly for them.

Kuzma is a bit of a gamble, but he's 7 years younger than Bojan and a much better rebounder. He's probably as good of a defender. I think he could be groomed to play small ball center at 6'10". Can he get even better outside of LeBron's shadow? I'm banking on it. Plus, we save some a couple million on this deal this year and next.

They might.

Here are probably the Top 5: Cunningham, Mobley, Green, Suggs, Barnes.
IMO, 6 - 10 are likely to include: Kuminga, K. Johnson, Bouknight, J. Johnson, Sengun
IMO, 11 - 15 are likely: Moody, K. Jones, Giddey, Mitchell, Wagner
IMO, 16 - 20 are likely: Kispert, Jackson, Garuba, Duarte.....and lets put Primo in this group for now.
None of these guys should be expected to drop to #30.

Then 21 - 25 might include: Cooper, Mann, Springer, Murphy, Butler

So several of these guys have to be there at #30: Thor, Roko, Ziaire, Bones, Cam, Vrenz, Ayo, Christopher, Todd... I think that's the list the Jazz are looking at for #30.

I could see Thor go in the mid-20s, but he's still considered something of a project. Also add Day'Ron Sharpe somewhere in the mid-20s.
lmfao, Primo isnt in the top 20. If he goes first, it's going to be in the 25-30 range. Would be pretty shocked if he goes above guys likes Springer and Christopher.

I know it's unpopular, but I would look at trading Bojan to the Lakers for Kuzma, #22, and a protected 1st in 2026.

The Lakers are going to want to make a splash early this offseason. They want shooting and guys who fit with LeBron and AD. Bojan fits the bill perfectly for them.

Kuzma is a bit of a gamble, but he's 7 years younger than Bojan and a much better rebounder. He's probably as good of a defender. I think he could be groomed to play small ball center at 6'10". Can he get even better outside of LeBron's shadow? I'm banking on it. Plus, we save some a couple million on this deal this year and next.

You want to give Bojan, one of the best catch-and-shoot shooters in the league, to the Lakers? And take back Kuzma? Uhh....

You want to give Bojan, one of the best catch-and-shoot shooters in the league, to the Lakers? And take back Kuzma? Uhh....
If the right player is there at #22, I do it without thinking twice. Bojan is an exceptional shooter, but he didn't really provide much else in the postseason. And he's aging.

My hope is that Kuzma shoots well enough to make up for Bojan's lack of shooting, but provide us with more options come playoff time.

If the right player is there at #22, I do it without thinking twice. Bojan is an exceptional shooter, but he didn't really provide much else in the postseason. And he's aging.
You can't give the Lakers that perimeter threat and expect them not to improve. I don't mind Kuzma and #22, I just don't like what we'd be giving the Lakers.

My hope is that Kuzma shoots well enough to make up for Bojan's lack of shooting, but provide us with more options come playoff time.
Who is the right player at 22 that makes you do that lopsided trade lmfao. Is Moses Moody dropping all the way to 22 or something?

Kuzma averaged 6 ppg on 30% shooting in the playoffs on a team that desperately needed anyone to step up to help Lebron. Giving Lebron Bojan would basically be handing the Lakers the championship. Your fantasy of Josh Primo being the best SG in the NBA isnt going to happen.

The idea that anyone would rank Josh Primo over Jaden Springer is absolutely bonkers. Even if you're an age fetishist, Springer is only a few months older than Primo.

You can't give the Lakers that perimeter threat and expect them not to improve. I don't mind Kuzma and #22, I just don't like what we'd be giving the Lakers.
I don't like giving him to the Lakers, but we have to do what's right for the long term health of the team. I think Kuzma would excel here. Instead of waiting for maybe getting the ball, he'll be part of the mix where we move the ball constantly. The kid can play.

I just don't see LA coming back 100% again. And if they did, I don't think Bojan is a deal breaker for us or against us either way.

Who is the right player at 22 that makes you do that lopsided trade lmfao. Is Moses Moody dropping all the way to 22 or something?

Kuzma averaged 6 ppg on 30% shooting in the playoffs on a team that desperately needed anyone to step up to help Lebron. Giving Lebron Bojan would basically be handing the Lakers the championship. Your fantasy of Josh Primo being the best SG in the NBA isnt going to happen.
Kuzma and LeBron don't get along which is common with LeBron and younger players. Kuzma just needs a fresh start. We need youth and rebounding.

It might be a fantasy, but I think Primo will be a very good player. If he's there at #22, I trade Bojan for Kuzma, Primo and future draft considerations without hesitation.

Kuzma and LeBron don't get along which is common with LeBron and younger players. Kuzma just needs a fresh start. We need youth and rebounding.

It might be a fantasy, but I think Primo will be a very good player. If he's there at #22, I trade Bojan for Kuzma, Primo and future draft considerations without hesitation.
Well let's all take a moment to be thankful you will never make a decision for the Jazz, because good lord.