What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Actually, why is no one talking about Aaron Henry? What am I missing?

6'6" with almost a 7'
Not the most athletic but not awful. 29 standing and 35 vertical leap
Plays solid defense
will be 22 in august

3 point shooting got worse all 3 years but his form looks good (He shot 38% as a freshman). Free throw shooting is decent at 76%

Last edited:
Jazz should buy every 2nd rounder they can if they think they could trade it for a later 2nd rounder. Gotta figure out ways to restock the assets, even the nominal or marginal ones that the Jazz tossed in the garbage in the last year.

For any subscribers to The Athletic, their yearly "The Finch" article is up. Five anonymous scouts give their takes on their top 50 guys and the author condenses it as if it was said by one person. Not too in depth or anything, but always entertaining.

Jazz should buy every 2nd rounder they can if they think they could trade it for a later 2nd rounder. Gotta figure out ways to restock the assets, even the nominal or marginal ones that the Jazz tossed in the garbage in the last year.

Agreed, get the 2nds. Get 3 rookies out of this. Have Don and our elite developmental staff up their *** so they’re game ready this year. **** the young guys we had this past season.

I smell us trading down unless someone like Murphy falls to us. Calling my shot. Any deal will likely happen in real time on draft day as the draft is occurring.

I smell us trading down unless someone like Murphy falls to us. Calling my shot. Any deal will likely happen in real time on draft day as the draft is occurring.
I hope it happens on draft day...DL blew his load too early last year, got fleeced, and then drafted a 3rd string center

Staying at #30 and taking Ayo Dosunmu is a perfectly reasonable option.
Taking a swing on Vrenz or Thor is reasonable, as is drafting Petrusev, imo.

Actually, why is no one talking about Aaron Henry? What am I missing?

6'6" with almost a 7'
Not the most athletic but not awful. 29 standing and 35 vertical leap
Plays solid defense
will be 22 in august

3 point shooting got worse all 3 years but his form looks good (He shot 38% as a freshman). Free throw shooting is decent at 76%
He's the closest thing to Royce in the draft.

It would be impossible to do any worse than we did in the draft last year.
At least Dok has crazy measurables and had some "holy ****" moments when he played last year. But in terms of value and opportunity cost...oof. I can't believe we didn't take McDaniels or Bane. Ugh I really wanted McDaniels. Not point in whining about the past though. I think there should be a lot of good wings at 30, and it seems like it's wing or bust this go around...

At least Dok has crazy measurables and had some "holy ****" moments when he played last year. But in terms of value and opportunity cost...oof. I can't believe we didn't take McDaniels or Bane. Ugh I really wanted McDaniels. Not point in whining about the past though. I think there should be a lot of good wings at 30, and it seems like it's wing or bust this go around...

We took Elijah Hughes instead of McDaniels and Bane. The jury is still out on that decision.

We took Elijah Hughes instead of McDaniels and Bane. The jury is still out on that decision.
The jury put in their votes… DL was found guilty of First Degree Dumbassery. Was sentenced to receive his full salary while doing no work.

I’m really buying Quentin Grimes’s shooting. I know he didn’t shoot it well from 25+ feet in college, but I think his skill will translate just fine. I wouldn’t be surprised if he solidified himself as the pick after crushing that Jazz 100 drill. That was probably a great workout with David Duke Jr. I think he’s a bit underrated too. Wouldn’t mind buying a second rounder and drafting him and giving him a two-way.

I think Grimes could provide the Jazz what they wanted Grayson Allen to.

Reliable shooting and athleticism. Difference is you dont have to teach Grimes how to defend.

Here's some Petrusev from the Euro FIBA tournament. Not terribly sexy, but if you like Zach Collins you should like Petrusev as well. They even have pretty much the same haircut.

Last edited: