What's new

2021 NBA Draft Preview (new thread)

Pacers are apparently shopping the 13th pick.
Everyone is shopping every pick… kings are said to be doing the same. Since it’s a pick I’d be throwing it out in all the trade talks… it’s not a player who might get mad.

They are $4 million under the cap so they could take on a little bit more in a deal. However, they really only have Delon Wright to send back plus some tiny bad player contracts.

So unless they love Favors and #30 for a couple small contracts and #9 OR Bojan for Delon Wright, small contracts and #9, we would need a third team.
I would bet a deal with Sacramento and OKC happens. I think they end up sliding back from #9 and including Bagley's 11M salary. Something like #9 and Bagley for 16 and 18. They need cap space to re-sign Holmes because they don't have full bird rights.

They might do something with Hield for lower salary too, but Bagley has wanted out and has been so disappointing... both sides need a reset.

NO apparently wants Kyle Lowry but to sign him they need to offload Bledsoe and Adams... so another team trying to get a re-do on their last offseason.

This offseason has so many moving parts.. Really I think will need to be involved in a lot of discussions and just sneak into deals through the side and vacuum out value if possible. Similar to Cleveland landing Jarrett Allen and Indiana stealing Caris LeVert. Just jump on a few trade calls and see what happens.

Never understood why they extended Adams for big money.
I think he didn't want to go there... I thought if they wanted a vet center and were willing to have future money allocated to it then why not take Horford. He's a WAY better fit next to Zion... almost about as good as you could hope for. The Adams money was bad money from day one.

So basically OKC is going to get a boatload more assets this year being everyone's dumping ground.
I'm not sure how many premium assets they will get... and they have like $40M in space so they may not find enough deals for all their space... but yeah... they will add at least a couple future firsts and some guys that will likely increase their trade value.

Presti may eff up the finish work but the foundation he has laid down is a ****ing work of art. There also aren't any other dumping grounds since NY is trying to be good.

So basically OKC is going to get a boatload more assets this year being everyone's dumping ground.
I think Charlotte may take Adams without a huge asset... they could also waive and stretch Bledsoe if they want... His last year is only like 4M guaranteed so it would clear another 15Mish in space.

I would probably see if you can work a sign and trade with Ball and Lowry if Toronto is interested.

I would put NO on my "just call them every day to check in" list. They will do something dumb this offseason... always talk with teams about to do dumb stuff.

Is anyone going to make a trade soon, just to get the ball rolling? But honestly though, that Kemba Walker trade was way out of the blue, during the playoffs no less.

I think Charlotte may take Adams without a huge asset... they could also waive and stretch Bledsoe if they want... His last year is only like 4M guaranteed so it would clear another 15Mish in space.

I would probably see if you can work a sign and trade with Ball and Lowry if Toronto is interested.

I would put NO on my "just call them every day to check in" list. They will do something dumb this offseason... always talk with teams about to do dumb stuff.
If I'm New Orleans, I go all in on that Dame Lillard idea.

They have a few Laker first rounders, a few Bucks first rounders and their own first rounders to put with Brandon Ingram. I can't see the Blazers getting a better trade than that. Hell, Portland could even try to get Lonzo too.

Portland could have Lonzo, McCollum, Ingram, Covington and Nurkic. And a bunch of first rounders.

If I'm New Orleans, I go all in on that Dame Lillard idea.

They have a few Laker first rounders, a few Bucks first rounders and their own first rounders to put with Brandon Ingram. I can't see the Blazers getting a better trade than that. Hell, Portland could even try to get Lonzo too.

Portland could have Lonzo, McCollum, Ingram, Covington and Nurkic. And a bunch of first rounders.
If I'm NO I would definitely see if I could get Lillard. I think their big asset base works against them a little because if I am Porty I keep asking for stuff... NAW, Hayes, #10, multiple firsts plus Ingram. I go full rebuild if I am Portland though and I spin off Ingram, sell Covington, Nurkic, McCollum, and do a full on fire sale.

If I'm NO I would definitely see if I could get Lillard. I think their big asset base works against them a little because if I am Porty I keep asking for stuff... NAW, Hayes, #10, multiple firsts plus Ingram. I go full rebuild if I am Portland though and I spin off Ingram, sell Covington, Nurkic, McCollum, and do a full on fire sale.
New Orleans has the following 1st rounders:
2022 NOLA
2022 Lakers
2023 NOLA
2024 Lakers
2024 NOLA
2025 NOLA
2025 Bucks
2026 NOLA
2027 NOLA
2027 Bucks

Put some of those with Ingram and maybe one or two of those young players. Could S&T Lonzo for more assets.

If I'm Portland, I keep the team together at least through the deadline. If you pick up a few first rounders, what do you have to lose? Maybe sell off Covington in the summer, but see what you got. Definitely keep Ingram.

New Orleans has the following 1st rounders:
2022 NOLA
2022 Lakers
2023 NOLA
2024 Lakers
2024 NOLA
2025 NOLA
2025 Bucks
2026 NOLA
2027 NOLA
2027 Bucks

Put some of those with Ingram and maybe one or two of those players. Could S&T Lonzo for more assets.

If I'm Portland, I keep the team together at least through the deadline. If you pick up a few first rounders, what do you have to lose? Maybe sell off Covington in the summer, but see what you got. Definitely keep Ingram.
Roco and Nurkic are both expiring... so you lose value holding on to them. Clear the decks early and tank one year earlier gets you a better prospect in the 22 draft. Like if OKC had been able to get off of CP's deal and now they have all the picks and Lamelo Ball or Edwards etc.

Get 3-4 picks directly from NO... get a few picks for Ingram, grab additional picks for the other dudes. Rent out your cap space for a year or two and really speed up the full rebuild.