What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

I predict a Royce trade to Brooklyn... we get the Philly pick they own... they may put some protections on it as it is unprotected, but if not I actually love getting that pick. 85% chance its a pick in the 20s... but Embiid and Harden are not guaranteed to be healthy. I haven't looked to see if they do have a TPE... but Royce and a future second for the TPE and the Philly first (even if it is top 4 protected) would be a solid get. Solves a lot of cap issues for us... and I think he's the easiest guy to replace in the starting lineup.

Why isn't this linked to a Gobert discussion? I don't believe we'd have any other way to obtain him.
Bogey... or Royce+NAW... but yeah its likely the much rumored OG and Trent deal... maybe a three team deal with Mike Conley.

I predict a Royce trade to Brooklyn... we get the Philly pick they own... they may put some protections on it as it is unprotected, but if not I actually love getting that pick. 85% chance its a pick in the 20s... but Embiid and Harden are not guaranteed to be healthy. I haven't looked to see if they do have a TPE... but Royce and a future second for the TPE and the Philly first (even if it is top 4 protected) would be a solid get. Solves a lot of cap issues for us... and I think he's the easiest guy to replace in the starting lineup.

They have a 11.3M TPE from the Harden trade. Royce slips in there with ease.

Clarkson for Thybulle/Korkmaz/Niang is something I want to see happen. We get under the tax and get some quality pieces.

Clarkson for Thybulle/Korkmaz/Niang is something I want to see happen. We get under the tax and get some quality pieces.
Thybulle is unplayable in the playoffs. We know from experience what Niang’s contributions are when it matters (not much). And Sixer fans would love to see Korkmaz go. It’s trading a useful piece for three players that could very well amount to nothing.

Thybulle is unplayable in the playoffs. We know from experience what Niang’s contributions are when it matters (not much). And Sixer fans would love to see Korkmaz go. It’s trading a useful piece for three players that could very well amount to nothing.

- Thybulle tries on defense and plays hard.

- Niang was great in the first round this year and he’s a role player. We could have used him this year.

- Clarkson is a big problem with our passing issues and I’m over him taking every shot off the bench.

- Thybulle tries on defense and plays hard.

- Niang was great in the first round this year and he’s a role player. We could have used him this year.

- Clarkson is a big problem with our passing issues and I’m over him taking every shot off the bench.
You didn’t even mention that Thybulle is young and a hinge piece for a potential rebuild.

Additionally, I think Clarkson’s market value plummets after the trade deadline this year:
-he’s on the cusp of 30
-he would be on an expiring contract

The Jazz need to find ways to extend the value of their current assets anyway they can and Thybulle helps with that.