What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

Couple of updates from Tony w/ The Athletic

• Jazz won't extend a QO to Paschall. He's a FA and should draw interest elsewhere. He's gone as a cap casualty.
• Royce is drawing interest as a trade acquisition but nothing firm. FA should accelerate things "either way."
• Utah has a Taxpayer's MLE, which is about 6m, and vet mins.
• Jazz are interested in bringing House back.
Kinda weird on Paschall. No idea why you don’t give him QO… it’s likely close to a minimum. He could be a rotation piece if we lose or trade some guys. Maybe Danny is testing Don or they are just doing Eric a solid.

If you move Royce I think you can tell House he could be the starter and it may get him to sign on for a minimum deal. If you move Royce maybe give House or Juan the BAE to have some certainty at the position.

Kinda weird on Paschall. No idea why you don’t give him QO… it’s likely close to a minimum. He could be a rotation piece if we lose or trade some guys. Maybe Danny is testing Don or they are just doing Eric a solid.

If you move Royce I think you can tell House he could be the starter and it may get him to sign on for a minimum deal. If you move Royce maybe give House or Juan the BAE to have some certainty at the position.
If I had to guess, it's probably releasing the caphold and bit of roster flexibility. If Rudy or Don are dealt and we get multiple players back? May need the space.

If I had to guess, it's probably releasing the caphold and bit of roster flexibility. If Rudy or Don are dealt and we get multiple players back? May need the space.
Worst case he accepts the QO and he’s basically on a minimum… I’d take that while I figure the other stuff out.

I am a YouTube expert… watched 3 videos of his… 3!!!! Actually liked him last season prior to signing with Houston… I’m a sucker for steals numbers. Then you see his shooting percentages are decent… his shooting form is good. He’s got good size. It’s different than my Shaq crush because this guy can shoot and isn’t listed as a pg. I trust Hardy to be a little more flexible on how he uses guys anyway.

I see no way this guy isn’t at very least an adequate 5th wing… on a team that has like 2 wings you go take a chance on him. Even if he gambles to get steals and gets blown by a lot it will be an improvement over getting blown by just to get blown by. It seems pretty obvious to me the guy can play but nba teams very much prefer seeing if Trevor Ariza still has it to taking a flier on a guy like this. Move Royce to Brooklyn for the Philly first they own and their tpe. Tax issue solved… take a chance on a few guys like this that have great indicators, and trust you can keep House for cheap.

Donte is a guy I like if he’s cheap but he may not be cheap enough. If he’s above BAE I’m probably out. The injuries are one thing but the shot never came around… watched him a few times in Sacramento and it was soooooooo bad. Not just misses but bad bad misses… like air balls that were long and wide left type of misses. He may figure it out but I think his contract gets a little rich for how good he actually is.
Remembering those days when we were all excited about signing Shaquille Harrison. Good times.

Donte wasn't that good pre-injury, lol
C'mon man. I didn't mean as good as Steph. Just talking about the injury issues. Maybe he can shed them and they are a thing of the past.

Donte, Collins, Reddish, Brogdon, Thybulle are all good "buy low" options right now. They all have talent and can improve.

C'mon man. I didn't mean as good as Steph. Just talking about the injury issues. Maybe he can shed them and they are a thing of the past.

Donte, Collins, Reddish, Brogdon, Thybulle are all good "buy low" options right now. They all have talent and can improve.
If the reporting around John Collins and his decreasing trade value are true I think the hate has gone too far. I don’t think he’s a much better player overall than Bogey but I’d do a Bogey for JC swap. It complicates our tax but would likely be appealing to Atlanta as it helps them out a bit. If we can move Royce into Nets TPE and get a first… the. I think the net is we get out of the tax or close to it… and we would have swapped Royce and Bogey for JC and a first… which is not amazing but it’s got some upside.

If the reporting around John Collins and his decreasing trade value are true I think the hate has gone too far. I don’t think he’s a much better player overall than Bogey but I’d do a Bogey for JC swap. It complicates our tax but would likely be appealing to Atlanta as it helps them out a bit. If we can move Royce into Nets TPE and get a first… the. I think the net is we get out of the tax or close to it… and we would have swapped Royce and Bogey for JC and a first… which is not amazing but it’s got some upside.
I would do that for sure. I mean, I do want to hold onto Royce if we can, but I understand the logic of ducking under the tax if we can.

Maybe old news but Miles Bridges arrested.

The LAPD did not release details on the charges, and the Hornets have not responded to news of Bridges' arrest.

TMZ reported that Bridges is facing felony domestic violence charges.

Maybe old news but Miles Bridges arrested.

The LAPD did not release details on the charges, and the Hornets have not responded to news of Bridges' arrest.

TMZ reported that Bridges is facing felony domestic violence charges.

He'll still probably get a max deal kind of like Deshaun Watson.