What's new

2022 Free Agency Thread

Does anyone know what the deadline is for guaranteeing Juancho's contract?

So Trevelin Queen didn’t get a qualifying offer from Houston which is kinda wild. He was G league MVP… is a 6’ 6” or wing/guard… gets a **** ton of steals… shot looks good and shot a decent percentage. He is a fairly obvious nba wing that can be had for cheap. Get it fricking done damn it. He’s a great candidate to be the next GP2 player.
Good college numbers from deep. How’s his D aside from the steals? How was he the G League MVP in only 10 games? I’ve never heard of him until now, but if you tell me a little more I can pretend like I knew about him all along.

Looks like he was on the G League all defensive team, which is actually pretty impressive when you think about it because none of our guys would have made it.

Ok, I’m now expert level on this. Trade Royce into cap space and sign this guy. Now your luxury tax issues are solved. Sell it as picking up the best defender in the world, at the G League level.

No, but really, signing guys like DiVencenzo and other dudes who will work, and then clearing out as many Royce / Mike / Jordan minutes as possible, and we’ll get way more traction on that than people would think.

Ok, I’m now expert level on this. Trade Royce into cap space and sign this guy. Now your luxury tax issues are solved. Sell it as picking up the best defender in the world, at the G League level.

No, but really, signing guys like DiVencenzo and other dudes who will work, and then clearing out as many Royce / Mike / Jordan minutes as possible, and we’ll get way more traction on that than people would think.
I think DiVincenzo should be a main target. Seems like he would fit next to Donovan quite well.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I am a YouTube expert… watched 3 videos of his… 3!!!! Actually liked him last season prior to signing with Houston… I’m a sucker for steals numbers. Then you see his shooting percentages are decent… his shooting form is good. He’s got good size. It’s different than my Shaq crush because this guy can shoot and isn’t listed as a pg. I trust Hardy to be a little more flexible on how he uses guys anyway.

I see no way this guy isn’t at very least an adequate 5th wing… on a team that has like 2 wings you go take a chance on him. Even if he gambles to get steals and gets blown by a lot it will be an improvement over getting blown by just to get blown by. It seems pretty obvious to me the guy can play but nba teams very much prefer seeing if Trevor Ariza still has it to taking a flier on a guy like this. Move Royce to Brooklyn for the Philly first they own and their tpe. Tax issue solved… take a chance on a few guys like this that have great indicators, and trust you can keep House for cheap.

Donte is a guy I like if he’s cheap but he may not be cheap enough. If he’s above BAE I’m probably out. The injuries are one thing but the shot never came around… watched him a few times in Sacramento and it was soooooooo bad. Not just misses but bad bad misses… like air balls that were long and wide left type of misses. He may figure it out but I think his contract gets a little rich for how good he actually is.

Couple of updates from Tony w/ The Athletic

• Jazz won't extend a QO to Paschall. He's a FA and should draw interest elsewhere. He's gone as a cap casualty.
• Royce is drawing interest as a trade acquisition but nothing firm. FA should accelerate things "either way."
• Utah has a Taxpayer's MLE, which is about 6m, and vet mins.
• Jazz are interested in bringing House back.

Couple of updates from Tony w/ The Athletic

• Jazz won't extend a QO to Paschall. He's a FA and should draw interest elsewhere. He's gone as a cap casualty.
• Royce is drawing interest as a trade acquisition but nothing firm. FA should accelerate things "either way."
• Utah has a Taxpayer's MLE, which is about 6m, and vet mins.
• Jazz are interested in bringing House back.

I bet the teams interested in Royce are not thinking of him as a starter

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz