What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

I've watched Jabari all year - he's mostly just a shooter, but just the fact i said he has some KD in him tells you how highly i think of him. but for now, he's a jump shooter - an amazing one for his age, but he still needs to improve a lot to become a perennial all star type guy. i'd take him number 1 overall at this point, but he's not a lock there. there are absolutely questions about his game.
Like Michael Porter with a brain? and not broken physically?

I just think he has a pretty high floor (even though he may not live up to #1 pick status) and he has a high ceiling too.

I've watched Jabari all year - he's mostly just a shooter, but just the fact i said he has some KD in him tells you how highly i think of him. but for now, he's a jump shooter - an amazing one for his age, but he still needs to improve a lot to become a perennial all star type guy. i'd take him number 1 overall at this point, but he's not a lock there. there are absolutely questions about his game.

I tend to give 18 year-olds the benefit of the doubt. Smith has some handle, some athletic burst after the gather and good feel. And yeah, I love his ability and confidence to rise up and shoot from distance.

I think he's going to develop.

Like Michael Porter with a brain? and not broken physically?

I just think he has a pretty high floor (even though he may not live up to #1 pick status) and he has a high ceiling too.

His 2FG% is pitiful and that's what scares me. He took so many mid range shots and wasn't good at them. Is that because of the spacing in college? I sure don't know. OTOH....6'10, competitive, athletic, and 42% from 3 on good volume + lowish assisted rate is a rare combo. To me he has a wider range of outcomes than Chet. IMO, Chet is likely to be an all star player, but unlikely to be a top 10 player. Jabari could be that guy, but he could also be a chucker.

I'm worried that Banchero is going to end up a 'tweener' between the 4 and the 5. Not big and physically dominant enough to play the 5, and not quick enough to play the 4. He might end up being something like a Julius Randle, who is tough to fit into a scheme.

Last edited:
His 2FG% is pitiful and that's what scares me. He took so many mid range shots and wasn't good at them. Is that because of the spacing in college? I sure don't know. OTOH....6'10, competitive, athletic, and 42% from 3 on good volume + lowish assisted rate is a rare combo. To me he has a wider range of outcomes than Chet. IMO, Chet is likely to be an all star player, but unlikely to be a top 10 player. Jabari could be that guy, but he could also be a chucker.

His upside depends on his ability to play with the ball in his hands and play in pick-and-roll, imo. He does get caught in-between in the mid-range. On a spaced floor though, he could really be tough to deal with.

His upside depends on his ability to play with the ball in his hands and play in pick-and-roll, imo. He does get caught in-between in the mid-range. On a spaced floor though, he could really be tough to deal with.

Yeah I'd have to see what's causing that horrid mid range game. To me the concern is that he turns into a Harrison Barnes (Dallas version) type player. I guess you consider that a high floor. Idk...it's baffles me that this guy only shot 43.5% from 2. Otherwise he'd be a can't miss prospect.

Yeah I’m not sure… college is almost a different sport at times. I like all the off court stuff and the competitive stuff about him and he can shoot the shot out of the ball. Likely forced some bad shots and has a loose handle… it’s a profile and player type of feel great about rolling the dice on.

I just don’t know what to think on Chet. I could see him being this unicorn or being a guy that can’t stay on the court because he’s not strong enough or he adds the strength and now isn’t quick enough. His body type looks frail so I worry on injuries but that’s likely not legitimate. He has some AK, Zinger, stuff to him… maybe his profile is like KD though and he gets wiry strong and is fine. I think he may have as much upside as anyone but also can’t find a player he reminds me of that is having a lot of success in the league now… very unique.

I think at his lowest Jabari is a event starter… I think he could end up being like the perfect number 2 on a title team that compliments a lot of different player types.

I’m not great at draft stuff but this draft has a lot of prospects it’s easy to make a case for… even Griffen who scares me a bit is a wing with good size and if he pans out it’s a good get. The draft doesn’t seem particularly amazing at the top and it isn’t terribly deep imo… but I think there is solid value in the teens.

Yeah I'd have to see what's causing that horrid mid range game. To me the concern is that he turns into a Harrison Barnes (Dallas version) type player. I guess you consider that a high floor. Idk...it's baffles me that this guy only shot 43.5% from 2. Otherwise he'd be a can't miss prospect.
Right that is a decent floor… 6’10 Barnes ain’t bad. I think most of his issue is he’s 18 and likely told he could shoot whatever shots he wanted if he came Auburn. A guy that height could find more space in the midrange in the nba and learn how to get off those midrangers.

Yeah I’m not sure… college is almost a different sport at times. I like all the off court stuff and the competitive stuff about him and he can shoot the shot out of the ball. Likely forced some bad shots and has a loose handle… it’s a profile and player type of feel great about rolling the dice on.

I just don’t know what to think on Chet. I could see him being this unicorn or being a guy that can’t stay on the court because he’s not strong enough or he adds the strength and now isn’t quick enough. His body type looks frail so I worry on injuries but that’s likely not legitimate. He has some AK, Zinger, stuff to him… maybe his profile is like KD though and he gets wiry strong and is fine. I think he may have as much upside as anyone but also can’t find a player he reminds me of that is having a lot of success in the league now… very unique.

I think at his lowest Jabari is a event starter… I think he could end up being like the perfect number 2 on a title team that compliments a lot of different player types.

I’m not great at draft stuff but this draft has a lot of prospects it’s easy to make a case for… even Griffen who scares me a bit is a wing with good size and if he pans out it’s a good get. The draft doesn’t seem particularly amazing at the top and it isn’t terribly deep imo… but I think there is solid value in the teens.

College basketball is so terrible, it's definitely a different sport to my eyes lol.

Gonzaga is the team I watched the most, so maybe I'm being biased, but I think playing the NBA will make Chet look a lot better. Their guards were just so bad and they were always backing the paint trying to force some high low action. I think he will be a force in PnR in the NBA. His touch around the rim is so good, and then he also shoots 39% from 3 and can handle the ball too. He's not built like Ayton, but he has the same super high skill level/touch and I actually think he plays tougher/smarter around the basket. Defensively I think there are certain matchups that will give him trouble, but I think he will be great in drop and even better in the Giannis role. OTOH, he's so skinny and will likely always be skinny....he has a Nerlens Noel frame and doesn't have wide shoulders like Rudy or AD. His offensive game is very good, but he's probably not scoring 25+. But I don't think that will get in the way of being a guy who scores 20+ points on crazy efficiency while also being one of the elite defenders in the game.

This is my personal Dunning-Kruger, I don't know much about draft, but I feel so confident in pinning the player Chet will become lol.

A 6'10 Harrison Barnes is still really good like you said, I didn't give that enough credit. I can't deny that there's some Tatum in the way he moves too. I could easily see myself flipping to him as the no 1 prospect with time.

College basketball is so terrible, it's definitely a different sport to my eyes lol.

Gonzaga is the team I watched the most, so maybe I'm being biased, but I think playing the NBA will make Chet look a lot better. Their guards were just so bad and they were always backing the paint trying to force some high low action. I think he will be a force in PnR in the NBA. His touch around the rim is so good, and then he also shoots 39% from 3 and can handle the ball too. He's not built like Ayton, but he has the same super high skill level/touch and I actually think he plays tougher/smarter around the basket. Defensively I think there are certain matchups that will give him trouble, but I think he will be great in drop and even better in the Giannis role. OTOH, he's so skinny and will likely always be skinny....he has a Nerlens Noel frame and doesn't have wide shoulders like Rudy or AD. His offensive game is very good, but he's probably not scoring 25+. But I don't think that will get in the way of being a guy who scores 20+ points on crazy efficiency while also being one of the elite defenders in the game.

This is my personal Dunning-Kruger, I don't know much about draft, but I feel so confident in pinning the player Chet will become lol.

A 6'10 Harrison Barnes is still really good like you said, I didn't give that enough credit. I can't deny that there's some Tatum in the way he moves too. I could easily see myself flipping to him as the no 1 prospect with time.
I didn't watch Chet enough. It might be just the way he looks but his body is so odd that I'd have to have all the sports science biometric evaluations to feel good about taking him. The narrow shoulders... skinny frame and his movements are equally smooth and awkward at times. I don't have a great opinion just that I think there are more "ifs" with him regarding his body and fit than I would feel comfortable with. Chet could be easy to build around if he does what you and other think or damn near impossible if he's too slow to guard in space and too light to be a rim protecting anchor.

Only the other side I actually love Sharpe and his potential and that is a mystery bag because he's never played high level competition... so I'm illogical AF when it comes to the draft.

I guess when drafting 1-4 I'm trying not to get fired as a GM... mid lotto I'm taking big swings I guess. My personal draft record is spotty at best.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K35tEaceI4k

This is one of the few players I've followed all year and have developed thoughts about.

Just too smooth offensively to fail with good size. I doubt he measures out great with wingspan or anything, but high quick release and can do a bit of everything on offensively. Kind of like some Kevin Huerter types vibes.

I think he's a late first type quality player. Sam Vecenie use to be high on him, had him at 34th overall at one point, but he dropped him down to 50 in his latest big board. He had kind of a weak end to the season.

End of the day he is a potential motion shooter with size. Those don't grow on trees.

Ousmane Dieng is a 6'9", 3D wing from France with some two-way upside. Might comp to a Nic Batum or Jerami Grant. He's probably a mid-1st guy. He's the type of player the Jazz currently lack.
Yup, I'd draft him 100/100 times and then hope you get Viktor when he comes out.

Gobert returns from w/e team he won rings with and comes back to mentor the young French Utah Jazz to multiple rings.

I've never even heard of Jaka Laravia, but he is 20th on Vecenie's big board.

Nothing about his highlights pop to me, but I see why he is ranked high. Size w/ IQ w/ acceptable athletic ability and shooting upside. Could be a really good role player.

I've never even heard of Jaka Laravia, but he is 20th on Vecenie's big board.

Nothing about his highlights pop to me, but I see why he is ranked high. Size w/ IQ w/ acceptable athletic ability and shooting upside. Could be a really good role player.
He’s gonna be the nba Twitter hipster pick. Seems a bit slow and chunky but fat is potential in disguise.

He’s gonna be the nba Twitter hipster pick. Seems a bit slow and chunky but fat is potential in disguise.
Yeah, that's what stuck out to me. He's seems very slow with the ball. The highlights in transition he looked like an athlete though. Would have to see more on defense to develop a full opinion. Could be a Kenrich Williams type.

Jaden Ivey is raw and a bit erratic, but if anyone has that top-level, blow-by athleticism like a Ja Morant or Anthony Edwards this year, it's Jaden. He's going to get to the rim a lot.

Last edited: