What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Have decided to finally cave and agree that Chet is the number 1 prospect... I'd prolly have it

1- Chet
2- Smith
3- Banchero
4- Ivey
5- Daniels
6- Murray
7- Sochan
8- Mathurin
9- Sharpe
10-Griffin
11-Williams
12- Duren
13- Davis
14- Eason

I think I like Liddell, Moore, LaRavia a little more than consensus

I wish there was some way we could find a way to get in the 14-18 range to grab Tari Eason. He has a great overall game for the 4 spot and if we did still have Gobert he would be an excellent fit next to him at the 4.

It will be fun to see how it all turns out. I have Chet solidly above the other two, but there's a lot of variance here.
Smith's jumper is just so pretty and at that size with fluidity... I get why he will go first. Chet is just such a mind trick with his weird looking body.

Smith's jumper is just so pretty and at that size with fluidity... I get why he will go first. Chet is just such a mind trick with his weird looking body.
yep, with that jump shot his floor is just so high. seems like rashard lewis is his floor. you don't want the next rashard lewis at #1, but if that's his worst case, you've done okay.

yep, with that jump shot his floor is just so high. seems like rashard lewis is his floor. you don't want the next rashard lewis at #1, but if that's his worst case, you've done okay.
I can't help but feel like Rashard Lewis in this era would have been a 25pt a game scorer. I loved watching him and Allen play together.

Here's where I'm at on Chet's frame/body type....I think if he were 20 pounds heavier he would be an Anthony Davis/KAT level prospect. He's more skilled than AD was and he plays tougher than KAT. I love that he has a super high skill level for a big but still plays like a big first. He doesn't have a habit of settling for mid range/floater shots because he's good at them like a lot of other skilled bigs do (although he could stand to be more aggressive on offense). Defensively he'd be a prospect you'd expect to be in DPOY conversations. But he's not 20 lbs heavier than he is, so where does that leave him? Some people think it might make him useless and unplayable, but I think it drops him from an elite/great on both ends to very good/great.

I don't expect him to be able to score 25+. He might just be limited to rim running, dump offs, spot ups, closeouts etc and instead of getting an easy dunk or a finish he might have to settle for 8 foot shot instead because he can't bang inside.....but he's still very good at all of that. So I see him as an Ayton type offensive player who can score close to 20 on very good efficiency, which is about the maximum you can do as a big without much shot creation. Defensively it is much more difficult to project because his movement is weird to. He looks like he moves so slow sometimes, but I think he covers more ground in reality because he's so long. I ultimately think he will still be great/elite in some defensive aspects, but will have areas that can be attacked. I don't think he'll every be unplayable on defense, and he might still be great/elite as a defender in that second big Giannis/Timelord/Mobley role.