What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

Jalen was top 20 after the combine, not before it.
He said in convo for top 20. Plenty of people had him as a lottery talent coming into the combine. Please stfu if you are trying to suggest there is an actual consensus top 20 going into the combine for ANY draft.

He said in convo for top 20. Plenty of people had him as a lottery talent coming into the combine. Please stfu if you are trying to suggest there is an actual consensus top 20 going into the combine for ANY draft.

He was not in the convo for top 20. The reason why he got into the top 20 is that he played and rose his draft stock. It is not the same thing as a guy who is already expecting top 20 and deciding not to play. If you are comfortable with where you are getting drafted, there is no reason to play.

He was not in the convo for top 20. The reason why he got into the top 20 is that he played and rose his draft stock. It is not the same thing as a guy who is already expecting top 20 and deciding not to play. If you are comfortable with where you are getting drafted, there is no reason to play.
Ok, you can relitigate if however you want, but he was a very popular prospect among a lot of people and was thought of as a top 20 guy by some and him dominating got him a lottery pick.

Jalen Williams last year, that was easy.
how many g league games did Jalen Williams play before the combine? and if he played any, how good was he? as a reminder, this was the question "give me one example of these scrimmages boosting the stock of a top prospect who was great over the course of a g league season."

Ok, you can relitigate if however you want, but he was a very popular prospect among a lot of people and was thought of as a top 20 guy and him dominating got him a lottery pick.

Revisionist history. Don't know who these "lots of people" are and they might be the same people who are considering guys like Klintman lottery picks. Everyone can have an opinion these days so I'm sure there was someone on a some board who thoughts so....but Jalen was not even seen as a first round draft pick by most.

Incoming "mocks are bs wah wah wah". Yeah, there is a general consensus of where guys are placed whether you choose to believe it or not.

the problem with Cy's response isn't quibbling over top 20, rather he used a guy that never played a g league game.

Revisionist history. Don't know who these "lots of people" are and they might be the same people who are considering guys like Klintman lottery picks. Everyone can have an opinion these days so I'm sure there was someone on a some board who thoughts so....but Jalen was not even seen as a first round draft pick by most.

Incoming "mocks are bs wah wah wah". Yeah, there is a general consensus of where guys are placed whether you choose to believe it or not.
Consensus from whom? Who is considered the taste makers for these things? I can find many national big board's that have Leonard Miller outside the top 20 right now.

It's a completely different situation under both accounts.
exactly. my entire point is leonard miller has already proven himself by playing great against g league competition. Jalen Williams hadn't so he definitely had something to gain by playing well.

It's a completely different situation under both accounts.
It's not. They are quite similar.

Both are under the radar prospects who have a lot of love from certain groups of draft followers, but are still doubted from a lot others. Playing in the G-League doesnt make you teflon and if it did, we would see NBA teams drafting the G-League guys higher than they have been.

Coming out today and dominating would have stamped it.

"Draft opinions only count if they agree with mine" holy **** stfu

If you're the kind of person who says **** like "consensus rankings" and you cant tell me what the ****ing sources are that you consider for that aggregate, please stfu.