What's new

2023 NBA Combine Thread

just watch ajj shoot an ugly airball on a wide open corner three. ouch. i like ajj but the poor guy just can't shoot. big east coaches simply wouldn't guard him out there.

I think the shooting drills are probably the least important from a numbers perspective. I do like watching them though.
For some guys I like it... like the dudes like Mitchell that didn't get to shoot much in college. Overall I agree... all of these numbers are fairly useless. Measurements and 5 on 5 are the most meaningful things I think.

Jarace and GG with good 3/4 court sprint numbers -- 3.20 and 3.21, respectively. That's actually a pretty good measure of overall athleticism. Jarace hauls *** for a player his size.

Jarrett Allen, Bam Adebayo and John Collins were 3.21, 3.24 and 3.27, respectively, in 2017.

Jarace and GG with good 3/4 court sprint numbers -- 3.20 and 3.21, respectively. That's actually a pretty good measure of overall athleticism. Jarace hauls *** for a player his size.

Bam Adebayo and John Collins were 3.24 and 3.27, respectively, in 2017.
How is a sprint a measure of overall athleticism? It's just your ability to accelerate in a straight line.

Back