What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Both of y'all couldn't be more off the mark
tbh I think his ceiling is Tatum which is outstanding if we were i the range to get him somehow. But I have seen way too many high usage college players turn into meh role players in the NBA because they lacked the ability to make others better.
My takes are not off the mark, you can't claim prediction results until years down the road smh

What a strange post. At worst he will be extremely useful as a great spot up shooter with Rashard Lewis type upside.
There is nothing strange about NOT comping a player based on size or some other garbage like Cy did and you apparently think I was doing. The Cyukver comping was strictly 2 things : his usage in college when he was set up for success by everyone and the fact that neither are great team players at all. If he gets tot the league and has all the plays run for him it won't be on this roster since that role is already taken by the Marksman

There is nothing strange about NOT comping a player based on size or some other garbage like Cy did and you apparently think I was doing. The Cyukver comping was strictly 2 things : his usage in college when he was set up for success by everyone and the fact that neither are great team players at all. If he gets tot the league and has all the plays run for him it won't be on this roster since that role is already taken by the Marksman
Good lord

Brandon Miller is just not like Rashard Lewis in the slightest imo. Y'all just come up with some of the most inane comps possible. He is like Jarret Culver because both they are both "high usage's? (Btw Miller is only at 25% usage vs Culver who was 32% his final year). Further, Bama had 5 rotation players with a 20% or higher usage, so the offense hardly fully revolves around Miller. If you watched the Bama/Arkansas game you'd understand that.

Miller is going to be a well rounded NBA player who makes everyone better and has plus size/length with elite shooting. What role/style he will play exactly I don't know, but he has a high ceiling and a high floor.

Last edited:
Another “woof”. 2/3 games with some rough ones.

2/15 from 3 in his last 3 games. Kids got the physical tools bunch as competition quality increases it’s hurting his stock.

This is a problem. Not only is South Carolina getting blown out by 40 pts, but teams now know how to guard GG. They know he's not going to pass, and if he does most of his teammates suck. So they can crowd him on the perimeter and have another guy or two waiting for him in the paint.

There's another issue here, which is that SC knows the game is over within 5 - 7 minutes when they're getting blown out, and some of them start to sulk. The body language isn't good. This isn't going to help him.

Kind of like high usage every bit of offense run through him and can't create for himself or others at a pro level DUH
How do you like he can’t create at a pro level? If he can’t, who can? That just seems like a silly comment. He hasn’t gone up against pros - but he creates at this level as well as anybody. So again, if he can’t, who can?

This is a problem. Not only is South Carolina getting blown out by 40 pts, but teams now know how to guard GG. They know he's not going to pass, and if he does most of his teammates suck. So they can crowd him on the perimeter and have another guy or two waiting for him in the paint.

There's another issue here, which is that SC knows the game is over within 5 - 7 minutes when they're getting blown out, and some of them start to sulk. The body language isn't good. This isn't going to help him.
I’m fine with all of this. Would love to see him fall and then get him with the Nets/76ers pick. That would be amazing tbh. That’s exactly a “swing for the fences” type of move I’d like to see them make with that pick.

I’m fine with all of this. Would love to see him fall and then get him with the Nets/76ers pick. That would be amazing tbh. That’s exactly a “swing for the fences” type of move I’d like to see them make with that pick.

Uh, yeah....there's no way GG falls into the 20s of this draft, imo.