What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Look... you've watched em more than me... and you are likely right and that is the overwhelming consensus... but I give zero ***** Taylor is my draft hot take and imma ride or die.

His floor is Jaden McDaniels plus and his ceiling is the roof ya bitches.
it aint a hot take unless you said it this summer though, maybe you did? everyone knows he was slept on now. Now if you said to me that Adama Sanogo is one of the biggest sleeper in the draft I would say thats a hot take.

Walker is closer to top 5 than being outside the top 10. He's far better than Hendricks or Jackson on both ends and his talent level is hidden because he plays on a dominant team.

Jarace is defensively better than Hendricks or GG. He's not better offensively right now. I'd say he's probably a better prospect than Hendricks if he's used the right way. I wouldn't call him a better overall prospect than GG. If GG really hits, he'll go top-5 in a re-draft, imo. I say that as someone who likes Walker and would have no problem seeing the Jazz take him.

GG Jackson went 4/16 from the field today against Ole Miss. I think his draft stock is dropping.

I think he's being seen as risky. His ceiling is very high, but his floor is lower than other guys in the lottery range. Playing at South Carolina has both helped him and hurt him. I think what will happen is that he'll have a couple good workouts, someone will believe in him, and he'll still go top 10 range.

Last edited:
I wonder if we could get GG with the Brooklyn/Philadelphia pick.
Every year we see guys drop hard. Remember when Jaden McDaniels was mocked as a top 10 pick the first half of his freshman year but dropped like crazy on draft night.

Every year we see guys drop hard. Remember when Jaden McDaniels was mocked as a top 10 pick the first half of his freshman year but dropped like crazy on draft night.

I don't think GG is that guy unless there's a real red flag somewhere. Guys I could see dropping would be Nick Smith if his medicals are sketchy (like AJ Griffin last year) and Dariq Whithead if he doesn't keep improving. I could also see Cason Wallace dropping towards the late teens if his measurements are meh and people think it's going to be a while before he becomes a more versatile offensive player.

LOL’n at how good Brandon Miller is. He’s the best player on the floor and it’s obvious within 60 secs of watching a game he’s playing in.

(I def didn’t copy and paste this from the wrong thread I may have posted this in…)

I wonder if we could get GG with the Brooklyn/Philadelphia pick.
He’s a looter in a riot… I’d take him with that pick but I’m more impressed by guys that can effectively play a role in college that projects well in the nba… so many guys that only play with the ball in their hands fail.

What do you all think about kel'el Ware? Is he worth on of the jazz first 2 picks?

I think Kessler is set to start next year but we need a back up. Part of me wants Jett Howard with our first pick and Ware with the second. Then go with the best wing or draft and stash player.

Brandon Miller looks great. The top of this draft just has ridiculous upside. The Jazz will be in a prime position to add some real talent to their core if they scout hard, Draft well and get a little lucky. Really want to see them prioritize getting dynamic wings with size. This years group looks like a great group in that regard. Would like to see the Jazz just swing away and hope they hit a home run.

Miller can really shoot, and as an off-ball, catch-and-shoot guy it will translate. I can't get past the slow feet and lack of burst. He's not going to get separation, and he's going to have a hard time beating NBA defenders in isolation. He's going to have to lean back and shoot over guys. But as a floor-spacer and shooter who uses a screen, he'll get buckets. I'd still put him in the same range as Keyonte George and Nick Smith Jr, assuming the latter is healthy. I think he probably still goes 6 - 8. Great college player though.

Last edited: