What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Miller can really shoot, and as an off-ball, catch-and-shoot guy it will translate. I can't get past the slow feet and lack of burst. He's not going to get separation, and he's going to have a hard time beating NBA defenders in isolation. He's going to have to lean back and shoot over guys. But as a floor-spacer and shooter who uses a screen, he'll get buckets. I'd still put him in the same range as Keyonte George and Nick Smith Jr, assuming the latter is healthy. I think he probably still goes 6 - 8. Great college player though.
You are really going to die on this weird hill

Look... you've watched em more than me... and you are likely right and that is the overwhelming consensus... but I give zero ***** Taylor is my draft hot take and imma ride or die.

His floor is Jaden McDaniels plus and his ceiling is the roof ya bitches.
More based on a podcast I heard where Sasser was talking about Walker. Think he is going to be one of those hidden guys that when he is unleashed it's going to blow everyone's mind

What do you all think about kel'el Ware? Is he worth on of the jazz first 2 picks?

I think Kessler is set to start next year but we need a back up. Part of me wants Jett Howard with our first pick and Ware with the second. Then go with the best wing or draft and stash player.
He's worth a mid 2nd rounder

Miller can really shoot, and as an off-ball, catch-and-shoot guy it will translate. I can't get past the slow feet and lack of burst. He's not going to get separation, and he's going to have a hard time beating NBA defenders in isolation. He's going to have to lean back and shoot over guys. But as a floor-spacer and shooter who uses a screen, he'll get buckets. I'd still put him in the same range as Keyonte George and Nick Smith Jr, assuming the latter is healthy. I think he probably still goes 6 - 8. Great college player though.

This sounds like kris middleton to me.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

More based on a podcast I heard where Sasser was talking about Walker. Think he is going to be one of those hidden guys that when he is unleashed it's going to blow everyone's mind
My take is based on a feeling in my balls… always trust the testes.

What do you all think about kel'el Ware? Is he worth on of the jazz first 2 picks?

I think Kessler is set to start next year but we need a back up. Part of me wants Jett Howard with our first pick and Ware with the second. Then go with the best wing or draft and stash player.
Ware has a ton of potential but there are better choices with the first 2 picks. He would 100% be worth a shot with the philly or nets pick though. He has a nice 3pt stroke that I expect will translate to the nba and he has the length and athleticism to be a very good defender. He definitely needs to add weight but the kid has serious upside.

Keyontae Johnson is putting together quite the senior year. It is great to see a guy that was close to never playing again not only come back but thrive. His age is hurting him when it comes to the mock drafts but I love how hard he plays and you can see how certain aspects of his game should translate well to the nba.

Keyontae Johnson is putting together quite the senior year. It is great to see a guy that was close to never playing again not only come back but thrive. His age is hurting him when it comes to the mock drafts but I love how hard he plays and you can see how certain aspects of his game should translate well to the nba.
fun seeing him play so well. production could warrant a late second and maybe he sticks on a roster. i'm rooting for the dude.

Jazz will draft 2 players noone has talked about much on here imo. the Outshined Leonard Miller and the stock dropping Whitehead

No

he is right and you are being boneheaded ignoring college defense is weak.
There are legitmate reasons to be concerned about those things
If he was 6'3 I'd be concerned.

There arent any really legitimate concerns with MIller. He's a pretty complete prospect other than being a bit older for a Freshman.

If he was 6'3 I'd be concerned.

There arent any really legitimate concerns with MIller. He's a pretty complete prospect other than being a bit older for a Freshman.
right he is a top 10 prospect and if it transfers to the league he might end up the best damn player from this draft I get it. But there are concerns about his feet and his apparent lack of initiating ability as it pertains to other options in this draft.
I take Amen and Whitmore before him if I don't have an elite point guard to feed him, and we don't

No

he is right and you are being boneheaded ignoring college defense is weak.
There are legitmate reasons to be concerned about those things
if there is one thing they do well in college it's play defense. it's really hard to score in college basketball - mostly it's really hard for freshmen to score in college basketball. there is a reason you see routinely see scores in the 50s and 60s and their are three people in the country averaging over 22 ppg. three dudes who average more than 22 ppg. and there is a reason a guy like Cam Whitmore with all his tools, is only averaging 13 ppg (on worse efficiency than Miller)

there are six guys from power conferences averaging 20+. one of those is brandon miller. the other five are all juniors and seniors. among those six players, only Zach Edey (who is 7'4") who only shoots within about 5 feet of the basket is more efficient than Miller.