What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

This draft has a few guys that project as elite shooters. For me Dick and Sensabaugh are on another level though.
It’s Dick, Hawkins then Sensabaugh in that order and I know that’s not popular here. But for the Sensabaugh fans, how do you reconcile he can’t defend at all?

It’s Dick, Hawkins then Sensabaugh in that order and I know that’s not popular here. But for the Sensabaugh fans, how do you reconcile he can’t defend at all?
He can defend the 3/4 just fine and has the bulk to matchup against some 5's. We are also talking about shooting and Sensabaugh shoots well at all 3 levels.

He can defend the 3/4 just fine and has the bulk to matchup against some 5's. We are also talking about shooting and Sensabaugh shoots well at all 3 levels.
Are you saying he has the body to do it or the will/skill?

I agree he has the body but he hasn’t shown any interest or awareness at the collegiate level but you think that will change in the NBA? Serious question.

Are you saying he has the body to do it or the will/skill?

I agree he has the body but he hasn’t shown any interest or awareness at the collegiate level but you think that will change in the NBA? Serious question.
He isn't nearly as bad defensively as you are making him out to be.

Have decided that Anthony Black and Taylor Hendricks are the dudes. Do what you have to within reason to move up and get them both. I think Hendricks is projected like 5-10 spots too low and will really rise. Dudes that are 6'9" with that athleticism and stroke will rise. Gets it done on defense too.

Eventual starters

Black
JC
Hendricks
Lauri
Kessler

Honest question again…..have you watched a full game of his or just highlight videos? Truly not trying to be a Dick.
Yes I have. Have you? Just the other day you asked the question isn't he a terrible defender. Pretty clear by that question you hadn't watched him yet somehow you want me to think you are some kind of expert on him.

Yes I have. Have you? Just the other day you asked the question isn't he a terrible defender. Pretty clear by that question you hadn't watched him yet somehow you want me to think you are some kind of expert on him.
I watched 3 complete games of his since I asked that question.

We are all having fun my man. It was an honest question, no need to get defensive.

Taylor Hendricks might work as a small-ball 5. He defends, rebounds, rim-protects and shoots. He's replacing Baba Miller on my 'intriguing' list.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mP62VxEVo&t=116s

I don't see him as a 5... maybe he can be a four next to Lauri being the 5. I think he is Jaden McDaniels plus. Think the shot is better and he plays a bit bigger. Certainly more engaged as a college player.

I'm more than intrigued. He is legit top 12 for me (and not my fake top 12 where I include 25 players). I think I'd have him ahead of Jarace Walker. Hoping we can swipe him with the second highest pick we have. He would be a SF in the jumbo lineups and then slide to a 4 with Lauri at the 5.

I don't see him as a 5... maybe he can be a four next to Lauri being the 5. I think he is Jaden McDaniels plus. Think the shot is better and he plays a bit bigger. Certainly more engaged as a college player.

I'm more than intrigued. He is legit top 12 for me (and not my fake top 12 where I include 25 players). I think I'd have him ahead of Jarace Walker. Hoping we can swipe him with the second highest pick we have. He would be a SF in the jumbo lineups and then slide to a 4 with Lauri at the 5.

I get it. But if we're going to play Vanderbilt at the 5 and play 3 multi-skilled bigs together, Hendricks could fit that philosophy. He might be able to play 3 positions at the end of the day. Length and reach are still a question for now though.

Jarace Walker is a really interesting player, but he needs to be used the right way, imo. If he's a fulcrum in a spread/motion offense, he could be a beast. If he's just going to be a guy who screens and spaces like some other stretchy bigs, then there are other guys who can do that and do it better than Walker. Defensively, Walker just has a physical presence and versatility that's really appealing.

I get it. But if we're going to play Vanderbilt at the 5 and play 3 multi-skilled bigs together, Hendricks could fit that philosophy. He might be able to play 3 positions at the end of the day. Length and reach are still a question for now though.

Jarace Walker is a really interesting player, but he needs to be used the right way, imo. If he's a fulcrum in a spread/motion offense, he could be a beast. If he's just going to be a guy who screens and spaces like some other stretchy bigs, then there are other guys who can do that and do it better than Walker. Defensively, Walker just has a physical presence and versatility that's really appealing.
I actually just watched the Houston/UCF game this weekend and got to see Walker v Hendricks.

Has to have been one of Walkers worst games of the season as he was 0/5 with only 2-3 boards I think and not much of anything else. Hendricks was his primary defender and honestly did a great job IMO on him.

Hendricks had an OK game overall but he deferred a lot and didn't shoot super well. You can see he is special though even in his "OK" games. I hope as the season goes that he can take over games, even in spots.

That same day I watched the Bama v UK game and you see how Miller carries himself compared to Hendricks and just want TH to have that same confidence.

Walker is closer to top 5 than being outside the top 10. He's far better than Hendricks or Jackson on both ends and his talent level is hidden because he plays on a dominant team.

Walker is closer to top 5 than being outside the top 10. He's far better than Hendricks or Jackson on both ends and his talent level is hidden because he plays on a dominant team.
Look... you've watched em more than me... and you are likely right and that is the overwhelming consensus... but I give zero ***** Taylor is my draft hot take and imma ride or die.

His floor is Jaden McDaniels plus and his ceiling is the roof ya bitches.

I actually just watched the Houston/UCF game this weekend and got to see Walker v Hendricks.

Has to have been one of Walkers worst games of the season as he was 0/5 with only 2-3 boards I think and not much of anything else. Hendricks was his primary defender and honestly did a great job IMO on him.

Hendricks had an OK game overall but he deferred a lot and didn't shoot super well. You can see he is special though even in his "OK" games. I hope as the season goes that he can take over games, even in spots.

That same day I watched the Bama v UK game and you see how Miller carries himself compared to Hendricks and just want TH to have that same confidence.
In addition to watching several sizzle reels I watched like a 2 minute interview. Nothing fancy but I like how well he carries himself and seemed to give thoughtful answers. Based on this I declare him a basketball genius and likely a leader of men.