What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

GG Jackson finishes with 30 pts on 10/21 shooting and 4/8 on 3PAs against the 16th-ranked Auburn Tigers. Also, 8 rebs., 2 blks, 1 stl. He didn't register an assist, but hey, you can't ask for everything.

Speaking of moral victories, his team only lost by 15 pts this time.

I think Brice Sensabaugh is pretty clearly going to be a better offensive player than R.J. Barrett, in case anyone cares. He doesn't play much defense yet. It would be nice if he could lose maybe 10 lbs and play as a big 2. Losing some weight would likely help him on both ends. Right now, he's slow on defense. Hopefully, some of that is fixable.

View: https://twitter.com/NoCeilingsNBA/status/1616930524651470857

Last edited:
sensabaugh is really good. shades of bane, with the body type, shooting, similar athlete, etc. bane was more advanced coming out of tcu as a ballhandler/playmaker, but he was a 22 yo senior. sensabaugh doing this as a frosh is very impressive.

I think Brice Sensabaugh is pretty clearly going to be a better offensive player than R.J. Barrett, in case anyone cares. He doesn't play much defense yet. It would be nice if he could lose maybe 10 lbs and play as a big 2. Losing some weight would likely help him on both ends. Right now, he's slow on defense. Hopefully, some of that is fixable.

sensabaugh is really good. shades of bane, with the body type, shooting, similar athlete, etc. bane was more advanced coming out of tcu as a ballhandler/playmaker, but he was a 22 yo senior. sensabaugh doing this as a frosh is very impressive.
Hasn't he had multiple knee surgeries or foot injuries? Here is my prediction with Sensabaugh... he is awesome the rest of the season but falls like 5-10 spots further than he should because of medical red flags. I wouldn't be overly concerned at a certain point in the draft... but just something to think about.

Hasn't he had multiple knee surgeries or foot injuries? Here is my prediction with Sensabaugh... he is awesome the rest of the season but falls like 5-10 spots further than he should because of medical red flags. I wouldn't be overly concerned at a certain point in the draft... but just something to think about.
i wasn't aware of previous surgeries. but if he plays out the season completely healthy, i wouldn't worry too much. not sure how nba teams will feel.

Hendricks in conference play (and it isn't like he's playing the greatest competition in that conference - though not terrible either). 12 ppg on 43% FGs and 27% 3pt. that's a tad concerning.

He has had 2 meniscus surgeries. It doesn't sound like either one was a full tear but I guarantee that may scare off some teams. It is perfect for teams like us that have multiple picks though.

I don't see him ever being more than a spot minute guy at the 2. Offensively he would be fine but defensively he would really struggle against 2's even if he dropped 15 pounds which I think he needs to do regardless. My guess is that he is around 240 to 245 right now but should have a goal weight of 225-230.

I have zero issue with Sensabaugh offensively (outside of some tunnel vision). He's pretty damn elite there. Its just the other aspects of his game. I think someone said he could guard 3-5 spots and I dont know if he can even guard anyone right now i the NBA so that limits dudes like that. There are many dudes in and out of the league that are a walking bucket but cant get burn simply because of that.

I have zero issue with Sensabaugh offensively (outside of some tunnel vision). He's pretty damn elite there. Its just the other aspects of his game. I think someone said he could guard 3-5 spots and I dont know if he can even guard anyone right now i the NBA so that limits dudes like that. There are many dudes in and out of the league that are a walking bucket but cant get burn simply because of that.
i saw my first full game of his over the weekend and tried to notice his defense because a few people have pointed out his issues on defense. he seemed fine. never got beat off the dribble, contested shots, etc. it's just one game, a small sample and maybe he just didn't get attacked much, but i didn't see much that would concern me. i'll have to watch more. one thing i do know, is that weight and strength go a long way toward helping smaller players defend big dudes in the post on switches, etc. so really the question is whether he can stay in front of quicker guys and still get a hand in their face.

I said he can guard the 3-5. He isn't going to be mistaken for a great defender at any position but I think he moves his feet well enough to guard 3's and 4's on the perimeter and he is strong enough that when switched onto a 5 they will have issues backing him down. With his lower body I don't think many guys will be able to move him easily. That is also one of the reasons his turnaround jumper is so deadly. He has that Barkley type of lower body that allows him to back guys down and then he has a smooth fadeaway jumper.