What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

i saw my first full game of his over the weekend and tried to notice his defense because a few people have pointed out his issues on defense. he seemed fine. never got beat off the dribble, contested shots, etc. it's just one game, a small sample and maybe he just didn't get attacked much, but i didn't see much that would concern me. i'll have to watch more. one thing i do know, is that weight and strength go a long way toward helping smaller players defend big dudes in the post on switches, etc. so really the question is whether he can stay in front of quicker guys and still get a hand in their face.
His defense is fine. He does get lost at times but that is pretty common for all freshmen.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of the analysis and discussion you guys provide in this thread. It is exciting stuff to read in a year where it is a deep draft and we have three picks. I am definitely not the best when it comes to draft stuff so it is greatly appreciated.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all of the analysis and discussion you guys provide in this thread. It is exciting stuff to read in a year where it is a deep draft and we have three picks. I am definitely not the best when it comes to draft stuff so it is greatly appreciated.
This.

Sensabaugh is very interesting. Numbers look outstanding....although he's not a very high stocks guy. Looks like more of wing/4 sized version of Bane.

Sensabaugh is very interesting. Numbers look outstanding....although he's not a very high stocks guy. Looks like more of wing/4 sized version of Bane.
i think that's what he basically is at this point, but keep in mind Bane wasn't Bane at this point in his career either - he's well ahead of Bane in basically every aspect of the game at the same age. Bane played 4 years before he was drafted. but that's one thing that makes drafting and evaluating prospects so difficult - is not having a clue how dudes are going to develop and improve. Bane's development in college and then even after he hit the NBA has been remarkable. if Sensabaugh is going to be compared to Bane, it's good that he has a nice head start, because not everybody improves like Bane has.

i think that's what he basically is at this point, but keep in mind Bane wasn't Bane at this point in his career either - he's well ahead of Bane in basically every aspect of the game at the same age. Bane played 4 years before he was drafted. but that's one thing that makes drafting and evaluating prospects so difficult - is not having a clue how dudes are going to develop and improve. Bane's development in college and then even after he hit the NBA has been remarkable. if Sensabaugh is going to be compared to Bane, it's good that he has a nice head start, because not everybody improves like Bane has.

He has the shooting/chunkiness of Bane, but I think he plays more similarly to a TJ Warren type role in the NBA. He gets a lot of work done in that mid post area. My biggest concern with him is that it is extremely hard to be good in the NBA playing the way he does. He shoots a high amount of mid range (he's deadly though) and not a ton of FT's. Tough way to make living in the NBA. But I think his shooting is good enough that he can adapt.

He has the shooting/chunkiness of Bane, but I think he plays more similarly to a TJ Warren type role in the NBA. He gets a lot of work done in that mid post area. My biggest concern with him is that it is extremely hard to be good in the NBA playing the way he does. He shoots a high amount of mid range (he's deadly though) and not a ton of FT's. Tough way to make living in the NBA. But I think his shooting is good enough that he can adapt.

He is a 3 level scorer. He may take a decent amount of mid range shots but that is because he is deadly like you mentioned. He is every bit as deadly though from 3pt range so it isn't like he will have to work on transitioning into more of a 3pt shooter like TJ Warren did. His shooting stroke is in that 99th percentile so if you can put him with a team that moves the ball and creates clean looks he is going to be dangerous as hell.

He is a 3 level scorer. He may take a decent amount of mid range shots but that is because he is deadly like you mentioned. He is every bit as deadly though from 3pt range so it isn't like he will have to work on transitioning into more of a 3pt shooter like TJ Warren did. His shooting stroke is in that 99th percentile so if you can put him with a team that moves the ball and creates clean looks he is going to be dangerous as hell.
yeah, he takes 5 threes a game (at 48%). let's not pretend like he's strictly a mid range guy - not even close. Warren took 3 threes a game - and couldn't make them (27%) - and Bane took just over 6. right in between the two of them. his ability to take and make a lot of threes is not even the slightest concern.

Last edited:
yeah, he takes 5 threes a game (at 48%). let's not pretend like he's strictly a mid range guy - not even close. Warren took 3 threes a game - and couldn't make them (27%) - and Bane took just over 6. right in between the two of them. his ability to take and make a lot of threes is not even the slightest concern.
Spacing in the NBA will workout very well for him. I want Brice I think his ceiling is very high. Top 15 player

i saw my first full game of his over the weekend and tried to notice his defense because a few people have pointed out his issues on defense. he seemed fine. never got beat off the dribble, contested shots, etc. it's just one game, a small sample and maybe he just didn't get attacked much, but i didn't see much that would concern me. i'll have to watch more. one thing i do know, is that weight and strength go a long way toward helping smaller players defend big dudes in the post on switches, etc. so really the question is whether he can stay in front of quicker guys and still get a hand in their face.
I watch a couple of his complete games and the biggest issue I had with his D was he completely lost his guy on switches or just seemed pretty casual/disengaged on anything but straight up on ball.

Again, it’s early, I want ALL the guys to be great in a draft we have 3 picks in. Very open to having my position/stance change on anyone and everyone as this plays out.

Im a big Hendricks guy but if he struggles the rest of the year in conf I’m not going to cling to a stance I made 3 months prior. I’m a Jazz fan and just want the best dudes for our picks.

All I’m saying is that you can count there are very few players in the league that can play a heavy mid range game in the NBA and be successful. I think he will have to adjust, but he is also good enough to adjust. In the NBA he will have to lean much more on his 3 point shooting.

I am less convinced on his self creation stuff, but his shooting cannot be denied and I think that’s his most valuable skill.

It could just be the case of NCAA basketball being such a different game, however. I think “bucket getting” is very difficult to know what translates. The spacing and flow of the game

i'd say something beyond bold. i'm bullish on sensabaugh, but top 15? eesh. even bane isn't top 15 and he's insanely good.
Best offensive player in a deep draft. His weight issue is fixable. He kind of sucks on defense but so are other top 15 players. Stars come from somewhere. He would need a supportive team to cater to his strengths.

Spacing in the NBA will workout very well for him. I want Brice I think his ceiling is very high. Top 15 player
His game is built for the nba which is saying something because his numbers are incredible in college where there is very little spacing.