What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’ll say it again and open myself up to be quoted 6 years from now, but Scoot isn’t the clear cut #2 pick for me right now.

Yes, I’ve unfortunately watched an entire OTE game and portions of others, and I’d personally take Amen today if it was me. Ausar is also a freak too.

Their shots are far from broken too.

They both just need a simple little flick-of-the-wrist jumper like TMac developed. I think it will happen eventually.

If they can shoot well enough, they'll go top-half of the lottery, imo. If they can't shoot, then one or both could slip several spots. I don't think anyone cares much about OTE. The key is that they're working out with NBA-quality trainers.
I think Amen will be seen as a Giannis light type by some org out there in the top 6 and not care if he can shoot

ote does suck. the twins might be really good. they might not. just like shaedon sharpe it's a huge ???. he obviously turned out to be really good.

if I'm a top prospect, especially a really athletic one that can't shoot, i either play in the OTE, i don't play at all (shaedon sharpe and dante exum route) or i go g league. you want an up and down style with very little defense. college will expose you like no other if you're that type of player.

any highly touted prospect should seriously consider any of those three options over college. for fans like us though - it sucks and makes it nearly impossible to evaluate them.

Yeah, it’s impossible to really judge these guys and it really works in their favor if they aren’t that amazing. Long list of guys who rise simply do to mystery. One good weekend/workout can make people think Exum is Kobe lol.

I think it’s very suspicious that they aren’t much better than the 30th ranked 15 year old…but really it’s a whole lot of nothing. Who can tell what the hell is going on when some 20 year olds are taking on high school kids. All I can say is….they’re not making it obvious that they are lottery picks with their play. If you’re taking these guys, you better not be taking them on the basis of their performance.

If I was a parent of a top 10 HS recruit I would absolutely have them play in this type of setting. But who knows, maybe NBA teams will get suspicious of the twins and it might turn out that it was better for them to not play at all.

Or John Wall...or De'Aaron Fox... Plus-athletic guards who blow by people, but can't shoot much.
I don't see too many orgs wanting him as a point guard though. I see him as a secondary playmaker on the wing that can slash and finish and has the chops to make good plays.
If he is considered a lead guard in the Wall Fox mold, he could fall out of the top 6.

Whats the consensus on Dillon Mitchell? I seem to remember he was a good defender. Seems to have good size listed at 6'8".

Wow no 3 pointers shot at all this season. If he was there with our last pick?

Whats the consensus on Dillon Mitchell? I seem to remember he was a good defender. Seems to have good size listed at 6'8".

No interest at this point. There will be much better players available with the sixers pick.

I’ve watched a couple of Texas games this year to see other dudes they are playing against and you def forget he’s on the floor most of the time.

You’d be drafting him based purely on where you envision him being 2-3 years from now and not his production today.

Dick has had some tough shooting games lately. Another rough one today.

Didn’t watch but Tay Henny looks to have had a good game and shot really well from 3 on volume

Dick has had some tough shooting games lately. Another rough one today.

Didn’t watch but Tay Henny looks to have had a good game and shot really well from 3 on volume
I watched the second half. He's so effing good. One three was a step back Ray Allen in the finals type three where he caught stepped back to the corner... kept his heels up the whole time so as not to go out of bounds and drained it.

Also, he caught the ball at the top of the key, pump faked, drove and dunked. The next time he caught, drove, and avoided the charge and hit a sweeping finger roll and 1. In the short roll he made good reads and avoided mistakes. He is impressive because he just moves the ball and makes the right play. Not forcing anything because he is the man. He's going to be really good in space and around NBA talent. Top 10 guy, for reals, like there are only 9 guys that should be above or around his range.... not 15 or 20.

The bad - He stayed in front of the guards on the perimeter but one guy hit a couple step backs where he probably should have been closer. He doesn't set good screens yet but whatevs... you can figure that out.

Seems just like a calm mature kid. I predict much success for him and hope it is here in the city of Utah.

I watched the second half. He's so effing good. One three was a step back Ray Allen in the finals type three where he caught stepped back to the corner... kept his heels up the whole time so as not to go out of bounds and drained it.

Also, he caught the ball at the top of the key, pump faked, drove and dunked. The next time he caught, drove, and avoided the charge and hit a sweeping finger roll and 1. In the short roll he made good reads and avoided mistakes. He is impressive because he just moves the ball and makes the right play. Not forcing anything because he is the man. He's going to be really good in space and around NBA talent. Top 10 guy, for reals, like there are only 9 guys that should be above or around his range.... not 15 or 20.

The bad - He stayed in front of the guards on the perimeter but one guy hit a couple step backs where he probably should have been closer. He doesn't set good screens yet but whatevs... you can figure that out.

Seems just like a calm mature kid. I predict much success for him and hope it is here in the city of Utah.
Talking Tay right?

Have you watched his interviews? Kid is so sharp and mature.

Talking Tay right?

Have you watched his interviews? Kid is so sharp and mature.
Yeah... have watched one interview and yes... thoughtful and mature. Sometimes you watch highlight videos and it doesn't mirror what you think the guy is like in real games. Was just impressed how he made the right plays... even though his guards seem to miss his *** wide open on their drives most of the time. The defense didn't jump off the page but it was solid.

Jordan Walsh defends like a maniac and goes hard to the boards. He's got some of the same appeal as Jared Vanderbilt in that regard. Not sure where the offense is going to come from though.

I know a guy that did that in the NBA last night but in like 5 seconds

Same guy just missed the game-winning layup attempt. South Carolina loses 65-63.

GG finished with 9/7 and a block on 3/8 FGs (2/3 on 3PAs). He only got 3 shot attempts in the 2nd half as Arkansas keyed in on him.
Anthony Black made some impactful plays late and finished with 13/6/4, plus a block and 2 steals.
Jordan Walsh finished with 10 rebs. and a block.

Last edited:

How would you rate Hendricks perimeter defense? Whenever I see him, he looks very upright/stiff, but he has good closing athleticism so he can make up some ground he gives up. Worry about it at the NBA level if he cant get into a defensive stance though, but maybe I havent seen enough.