What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Same guy just missed the game-winning layup attempt. South Carolina loses 65-63.

GG finished with 9/7 and a block on 3/8 FGs (2/3 on 3PAs). He only got 3 shot attempts in the 2nd half as Arkansas keyed in on him.
Anthony Black made some impactful plays late and finished with 13/6/4, plus a block and 2 steals.
Jordan Walsh finished with 10 rebs. and a block.
Damn, Arkansas down bad only winning by 2 against South Carolina.

How would you rate Hendricks perimeter defense? Whenever I see him, he looks very upright/stiff, but he has good closing athleticism so he can make up some ground he gives up. Worry about it at the NBA level if he cant get into a defensive stance though, but maybe I havent seen enough.
He never got blown by. His lateral movement seems really good but he does seem a bit too upright. He might be a bit stiff in the hips. I would say he becomes a great help defender and an average on ball defender.

Part of his issue was the big guy for Cincy is their best player…when he came up high the guy got layups because there was no backend rim protection… the. A guy drilled two step backs where I think he dropped back too far because he was trying to stay in position to help at the rim on the drive or dump off… like he took too aggressive of an angle and gave too much separation. He closed pretty well both times and contested the jumpers.

I’d love to see what he does with Kessler and Lauri in the front court though… he honestly kinda reminded me of Lauri on defense. Lauri does great but is a bit uptight at times and if he takes the wrong angle it looks bad… but he mostly does really well.

Overall I was super impressed but I’m biased. But It’s nice when you like a guy and don’t have to stretch to see the good thing they do.

I still love Sensabraugh..my favorite outside the top 6.
I bet he will be there for us post lottery in that late teen range if we want him, great skill set, just does not have that NBA speed that most see so necessary to succeed as a starter anyway. unless you are Luka jr and have all the tools otherwise

Anthony Black is big, plays with energy, rebounds, defends multiple guys, moves the ball around... But I'm not convinced he's really skilled enough to run a team.

He’s our guy so get on board.

If the Jazz are looking for someone outside the top 5 to really run their team and replace Mike, I'd look at Nick Smith and maybe Keyonte George if they thought he could play that role. Otherwise, I'd focus on wings/scorers in the draft and see if there's some other way to solve the PG issue.

If the Jazz are looking for someone outside the top 5 to really run their team and replace Mike, I'd look at Nick Smith and maybe Keyonte George if they thought he could play that role. Otherwise, I'd focus on wings/scorers in the draft and see if there's some other way to solve the PG issue.
Or they just take Black and have their dreams come true.

If Josh Giddey, Lonzo Ball, Cade Cunningham, and Paul Rudd had an orgy… the result would be Anthony Black.

If Josh Giddey, Lonzo Ball, Cade Cunningham, and Paul Rudd had an orgy… the result would be Anthony Black.

Let's say you're in a game, there are 18 seconds left and your team is down by 2 pts. Do you really want to give Anthony Black the ball and have him run this critical possession against a defender like Jrue Holiday? As much as I respect Paul Rudd, I don't think Black is that guy.

The guy who runs that possession needs to be a bonafide scoring threat from 3 levels. He needs to be able to beat his defender off the dribble and create for himself, or draw a 2nd defender to create an advantage for someone else.

Maybe if you take some of the cons for all of them. My worry for him is that he ends up like Evan Turner. Not necessarily bad at anything, but not good at anything either. He needs a ton of development to be anything close to lead ball handler, and when you think about him as a 6'7 wing with decent passing/ball skills it's a lot less intriguing than a 6'7 ball handler. I thought he might be a high level passer and stocks guy....he's good but not amazing. Best skill right now is probably as a slasher.

Might go more in depth tomorrow, but I think Cason is a more boring but better version of Anthony Black.

Let's say you're in a game, there are 18 seconds left and your team is down by 2 pts. Do you really want to give Anthony Black the ball and have him run this critical possession against a defender like Jrue Holiday? As much as I respect Paul Rudd, I don't think Black is that guy.

The guy who runs that possession needs to be a bonafide scoring threat from 3 levels. He needs to be able to beat his defender off the dribble and create for himself, or draw a 2nd defender to create an advantage for someone else.
The weird thing is early on/in Maui, he looked like he was going to be that dude. Had 2 great performances and then that version of Anthony Black hasn’t reappeared since.

I will always be up by 25 already… so I’m good.

Look I’m obviously being cute. Black has some great traits… end of game you can go a lot of different directions… versatility and passing are less common than dudes that get buckets.

I also think the kids a worker and in nba spacing with nba talent he will figure out ways to make his team better.

Maybe if you take some of the cons for all of them. My worry for him is that he ends up like Evan Turner. Not necessarily bad at anything, but not good at anything either. He needs a ton of development to be anything close to lead ball handler, and when you think about him as a 6'7 wing with decent passing/ball skills it's a lot less intriguing than a 6'7 ball handler. I thought he might be a high level passer and stocks guy....he's good but not amazing. Best skill right now is probably as a slasher.

Might go more in depth tomorrow, but I think Cason is a more boring but better version of Anthony Black.
maybe so… if you don’t project some shooting improvement then Turner is a far comp… but Evan Turner with a jumper is a great player… just never really clicked. If I’m the Jazz in the 10-14 range I feel amazing about landing Black.