What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

The Thompson twins are going to drop. They are physically dominant 20 year olds playing against high school kids. I saw a write up about their numbers in OTE....there are 15 years olds (albeit very good 15 year olds) playing in the same league producing to similar levels.

The Thompson twins are going to drop. They are physically dominant 20 year olds playing against high school kids. I saw a write up about their numbers in OTE....there are 15 years olds (albeit very good 15 year olds) playing in the same league producing to similar levels.
They literally just turned 20 years old a few days ago.

I don't think either drops out of the lottery. There is a argument the outside shooting is terrible and so maybe more skilled options get the gig for some orgs unwilling to gamble. However both of them are very skilled prospects not just freaks. The lack of outside shooting didn't stop Aaron Gordon from going 4th or Kuminga from being taken in the top 10 and they were both more raw.
I do think there is a real good argument for Miller or Cam possibly even Jarace or Keyonte in that spot instead. but I don't see Amen falling past 6

I don't think either drops out of the lottery. There is a argument the outside shooting is terrible and so maybe more skilled options get the gig for some orgs unwilling to gamble. However both of them are very skilled prospects not just freaks. The lack of outside shooting didn't stop Aaron Gordon from going 4th or Kuminga from being taken in the top 10 and they were both more raw.
I do think there is a real good argument for Miller or Cam possibly even Jarace or Keyonte in that spot instead. but I don't see Amen falling past 6
Not only that, all the reports say they are really great interviews/high quality workers.

If they turned 19 a few days ago I would still be suspect. OTE as a whole is suspect competition to begin with.

The concerning part is that a lot of time they don't look like anything special and that is against really bad competition.

So?

If you put Paolo Banchero on OTE instead of Duke last year, does he all the sudden become bad?

Banchero would have dominated in the OTE and looked like the clear cut best player. The twins have not dominated or separated themselves like that.

The concerning part is that a lot of time they don't look like anything special and that is against really bad competition.

Yeah, and when they do look special it's because they are physically dominant. The physical difference between even an 18 year old and a 20 year old can be massive. I'm not convinced by their performance.

Yeah, and when they do look special it's because they are physically dominant. The physical difference between even an 18 year old and a 20 year old can be massive. I'm not convinced by their performance.
if that is a 15 year old, I imagine the value of team control for any scout, would be more appealing than 18 or 19 tbh.

The Thompson's twins team is 12-1, and I'm pretty sure most of those wins are blowouts to the point to where they dont even play that many minutes per game.

I have no idea who this 15 year old because the poster is too lazy to even link the article or say their name, but I think the Twins have separated themselves in the OTE.

Overall I dont think there is much to gain from OTE. If they were averaging 30-10-10 everyone would just say "Oh the comp sucks". They are doing what they should be doing as far as I can tell. It comes down to how well they workout and how much teams believe in their jumpers developing. They are going to be physically dominant in the NBA too once they mature.

Amen Thompson is averaging 21/8/8/1/4 on 58% TS per36. Seems like it should be impressive no matter who you are playing against.

But there is also a 15 year old (ranked #30 in his class by 247) averaging 20/13/2/1/2 on 58% TS per36.

Amen compares more favorably, obviously, but we're talking about a 20 year old versus a 15 year old playing in the same league. Production =/= draft value. Lamelo, for example, was not very good in the NBL and was immediately a better player in the NBA. But LaMelo was also a kid playing against men. Thompson twins are the other way where they are the most mature players.

I am just going to put this out there...I am not a hig fan of the twins. I have watched a couple of games and I just get a bad feeling. I cant put anything more on it than that. Now if they were available with the draft picks I would look long and hard. I am just not convinced they are top 5 or possible top 10 talents.

The Thompson's twins team is 12-1, and I'm pretty sure most of those wins are blowouts to the point to where they dont even play that many minutes per game.

I have no idea who this 15 year old because the poster is too lazy to even link the article or say their name, but I think the Twins have separated themselves in the OTE.

Overall I dont think there is much to gain from OTE. If they were averaging 30-10-10 everyone would just say "Oh the comp sucks". They are doing what they should be doing as far as I can tell. It comes down to how well they workout and how much teams believe in their jumpers developing. They are going to be physically dominant in the NBA too once they mature.
Jayden Quaintance.

Jayden Quaintance.
a552a103-8cf4-4427-a2bd-9c1b28810c70.jpeg

Big *** 15 year old