What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

There are a few absolute flame throwers in the middle of this draft...Dick, Jett, Hawkins, Sensabaugh. I think its gonna be a great draft in that 12-20 range... so I really hope we can make that Philly pick more valuable by getting a swap.

I don't remember a player that looks as good as Jordan Hawkins that is projected so late. In comparison, it seems like Jett Howard was similar, but he has moved up projections a bunch during the season.

Is it too much to ask for the Jazz and Wolves to lose enough games to get us Jerace Walker and GG Jackson? Then we can trade up for Taylor Hendricks and/or Jordan Hawkins. I’m feeling greedy. This is the draft I want most if we can’t get Wembanyama.

Trade away Conley, Clarkson (if he won’t sign an extension before the trade deadline), Beasley, Vando and Olynyk. Cut Rudy Gay. Move Sexton and either NAW or Agbaji into the starting lineup and see what happens.

Want to hear a not-so-entirely-crazy comp for Keyonte George? Okay, here goes.... Deron Williams. Big combo-guard with handle, shiftiness, shooting, playmaking, similar athleticism, below-the-rim play finishing, some toughness and ability to bully his way into the paint. I think George could play as a lead guard. He has more of a scorer's mentality though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82zwH5Ekzlo

Last edited:
If there was really a god she would allow us a barely realistic draft that was Wallace, GG or Tay, Hawkins.
I have a feeling someone falls in this draft… just hope it’s someone we really like. I like most guys but I really like some others ya know.

Want to hear a not-so-entirely-crazy comp for Keyonte George? Okay, here goes.... Deron Williams. Big combo-guard with handle, shiftiness, shooting, playmaking, similar athleticism, below-the-rim play finishing, some toughness and ability to bully his way into the paint. I think George could play as a lead guard. He has more of a scorer's mentality though.

I'm not seeing it. Dwill was a pure pg with great vision while Keyonte is a scoring guard with average vision.

Yeah Hawkins being mocked with the last 2-4 picks is wild. Easily in my top 20 and people should care what I think the most.
I think he will rise with athletic testing and measurements.

He's going to have a 35+ max vert, probably at least a 6'9 wingspan, and good reach.

Young Dwill finished above the rim

I'm not seeing it. Dwill was a pure pg with great vision while Keyonte is a scoring guard with average vision.
looking back at Dwills college stats I was shocked he only averaged 12 ppg his junior year. I guess his team was pretty loaded with guard scoring.

I can see that, but DWill didn't show that level of vision until he became a starting PG with the Jazz. At Illinois he played off the ball a lot. I also think Keyonte's vision and timing is actually good enough to make it work.

It's not a perfect comp obviously, but I could see Keyonte step into a lead guard role and have an impact if the system is set up for him to succeed.

I think he will rise with athletic testing and measurements.

He's going to have a 35+ max vert, probably at least a 6'9 wingspan, and good reach.

Young Dwill finished above the rim

DWill needed an open runway to get on the rim. I think Keyonte is basically the same. He can dunk, but conditions need to be pretty perfect for it to happen. Again, not a perfect comp, but I think Keyonte could take on that role if he were willing to playmake more and shoot a bit less.

very different as college players, however. i don't disagree a ton how kg projects and what dw became in the nba, but they are starting from a very different place.

looking back at Dwills college stats I was shocked he only averaged 12 ppg his junior year. I guess his team was pretty loaded with guard scoring.
He played with 2 other really good college guards in Dee Brown and Luther Head so he was never as ball dominant as he could have been. That Illinois team that went to the championship game was really good.

very different as college players, however. i don't disagree a ton how kg projects and what dw became in the nba, but they are starting from a very different place.

For me Keyonte projects as a scorer and could be a big time scorer with more spacing. At this point I don't see the playmaking point guard gene in him but who knows. At this point he reminds me more as a Jason Terry type and I'm a huge Terry fan.

For me Keyonte projects as a scorer and could be a big time scorer with more spacing. At this point I don't see the playmaking point guard gene in him but who knows. At this point he reminds me more as a Jason Terry type and I'm a huge Terry fan.
i would agree. more scorer than pg. combo guard who scores. he does have underrated passing chops and vision, however. sort of a first 4 or 5 years James Harden type in my eyes. more of a scorer, but he'll likely the have the ball in his hands so much and he is a good passer, he'll get 6-7 apg/25% assist rate or so - assuming of course he reaches his ceiling.