What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Given that Lauri is a 7-foot big wing who dunks on 7-footers and drills 3s like he's Toni Kukoc, what the Jazz really need to complement him is an elite on-ball creator, preferably one with some size.
and it has to be someone with elite handles if they opt for a lottery level guard imo, or it won't matter against nba players how well you see the floor. If you cannot break down defenders with ease, it doesn't matter if you are 6'5 or 6'1 offensively. Unfortunatley Black for example lacks the elite handles , so he scares me before late lottery. I think I would rather gamble Colby Jones with great size for a two way playmaker that lacks elite ball skills, but who is very similar on paper yet older, but slept on a bit still, where we can get him with our 2nd pick and hopefully get a elite shooter early or a freak athlete that can play between the Finnisher and Swat lake city

Given that Lauri is a 7-foot big wing who dunks on 7-footers and drills 3s like he's Toni Kukoc, what the Jazz really need to complement him is an elite on-ball creator, preferably one with some size.
he's a lot better scorer and shooter than kukoc and not really the ballhandler/playmaker Kukoc was - but i agree that an elite on ball creator with size would be very nice to have next to lauri.

and it has to be someone with elite handles if they opt for a lottery level guard imo, or it won't matter against nba players how well you see the floor. If you cannot break down defenders with ease, it doesn't matter if you are 6'5 or 6'1 offensively. Unfortunatley Black for example lacks the elite handles , so he scares me before late lottery. I think I would rather gamble Colby Jones with great size for a two way playmaker that lacks elite ball skills, but who is very similar on paper yet older, but slept on a bit still, where we can get him with our 2nd pick and hopefully get a elite shooter early or a freak athlete that can play between the Finnisher and Swat lake city

In a perfect world, a guy like Lebron or Luka could unlock Lauri's potential all the way.

Thing is, I've been trying to project what GG Jackson could become a few years down the line, but here we've got Lauri who is bigger, shoots better and is already polished. The Jazz need a big on-ball guard or wing.

Clowney might be "my guy" this year. His shooting percentages are bad, but he's got great form. Other than that he checks a lot of boxes. He moves like a guard, plays hard, and attacks the rim very well. Great touch around the basket and a nose for contact. Relatively young for a freshman too.

I wish I could like GG, but he's so awful right now it's hard to imagine him improving enough to even be an NBA rotation player.

We're currently only 4 games out of the 6th slot in the lottery which would give us a 37% chance at a top 4 pick and a 9% chance at the #1 pick.
Man, I trust DA at this point, but I'll be pretty upset if we are super firm on not selling the team off (because we aren't given great deals) to get that pick. Just make it to where we got to give NAW and THT like 25 mpg.

Man, I trust DA at this point, but I'll be pretty upset if we are super firm on not selling the team off (because we aren't given great deals) to get that pick. Just make it to where we got to give NAW and THT like 25 mpg.
NAW - THT - Agbaji - Simone - Kessler should be the starting 5 after the ASB

A top 2 pick changes the trajectory of the next 10 years. Top 4 very likely could do the same. Even if you aren't in love with Miller or Amen you could trade the pick to move into the 7/8 range and just take an absolute haul.

A top 2 pick changes the trajectory of the next 10 years. Top 4 very likely could do the same. Even if you aren't in love with Miller or Amen you could trade the pick to move into the 7/8 range and just take an absolute haul.
Id say this year #1 will change the trajectory while #2 may change it. As great as Scoot looks, he does have some flaws (shooting #1).

Also the curse of #2 is real.

During this millenium, only 5 of the 23 guys drafted 2nd overall average over 13 PPG for their career (Durant, Morant, DLo, Green, Ingram) and only 4 have more than 1 All-Star appearance (Durant, Morant, Oladipo, Aldridge) while 3 others have made 1 cameo each (DLo, Ingram, Chandler).

Drafting #3 is historically much better for whatever reason.

Id say this year #1 will change the trajectory while #2 may change it. As great as Scoot looks, he does have some flaws (shooting #1).

During this millenium, only 5 of the 23 guys drafted 2nd overall average over 13 PPG for their career (Durant, Morant, DLo, Green, Ingram) and only 4 have more than 1 All-Star appearance (Durant, Morant, Oladipo, Aldridge) while 3 others have made 1 cameo each (DLo, Ingram, Chandler).

I don't believe in such voodoo. Scoot may not pan out but certain draft spots having a curse is nonsense.

Both Oladipo (17ppg) and Aldridge (19ppg) also belong in the first group you mentioned.

Both Oladipo (17ppg) and Aldridge (19ppg) also belong in the first group you mentioned.
Hmm.. I was thinking that it was weird those two wouldnt top 13 PPG.

I recheck all from another site and if the limit is 13 then along with the 2 you mentioned Jabari Parker also makes the cut. So 8 of 23.

Last edited:
I don't believe in such voodoo. Scoot may not pan out but certain draft spots having a curse is nonsense.
Neither do I. But it could be something other than voodoo. Psychological maybe? It exists in other sports as well (NFL).

Would love to see someone smart actually study it.

In a perfect world, a guy like Lebron or Luka could unlock Lauri's potential all the way.
sure at their size and skill level in other areas. But there are none of those level playmakers available at the 10-30 range,not available anywhere in this draft really . Well, unless they never showed there playmaking ability, prior to being drafted like Joker and the Jazz can see into the future lol
I want to see them get an elite handles prospect at the guard position, if they are taking a guard at all with the first of 3 picks is all I am saying. I think they probably go for a forward to compliment the current front court early if one of them is still there worth taking. But I think the odds are greater the premier complimentary fits won't be there, and maybe one of the guards is the bpa as a result.