What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

My question is: how do we work WK with Vic and who else do we get with the Minny pick and 6rs pick to pair best with this group?

Sennsagaugh or Hendricks with the Minny pick and Hawkins (shouldnt last this long) or Hood Schifino with the late pick?

Lots to think about after we get Vic.
You might be able to get away with some Lauri - Victor - Kessler lineups depending on how well Victor can shoot and if Kessler adds some range to his game.

Ultimately though Kessler might become a piece in a trade package for a third star level player if we land Vic.

You might be able to get away with some Lauri - Victor - Kessler lineups depending on how well Victor can shoot and if Kessler adds some range to his game.

Ultimately though Kessler might become a piece in a trade package for a third star level player if we land Vic.
we aint in the Wemby stakes with any real odds to plan on a fair shot - you such a dreamer man. get real. even if we lose every single game to close the season because that is about what is going to happen in Detroit and Houston and SA and CHA.
unless you want to spend the next several months planning for something that will never go down I guess

When

we aint in the Wemby stakes with any real odds to plan on a fair shot - you such a dreamer man. get real. even if we lose every single game to close the season because that is about what is going to happen in Detroit and Houston and SA and CHA.
unless you want to spend the next several months planning for something that will never go down I guess
If we get to 6th we have a 9% chance at #1 baby, anything is possible.

7 of the last 23 lottery winners came in with the 6th or worse odds and won it, that's like once every 3-4 years a team makes a major leap up. Pelicans jumped from 7th to 1st in 2019 but a top 3 team has won it the last 3 years. It's about that time for someone to make a leap up again, why not us!

If we get to 6th we have a 9% chance at #1 baby, anything is possible.
yep and we aint getting to 6th without more manipulating of the roster imo. The deadline is over. I guess we can waive the Finnisher and Kessler, go back to benching Agbaji ,or reduce him to a 4th option, that never shoots, and hope that Sexton forgot how to score as well. I mean maybe your dream comes true, if JC is the first option and chucks us all the way out. But I just don't see it, no matter how hard the schedule is, that we end up in a draft position that good.

yep and we aint getting to 6th without more manipulating of the roster imo. The deadline is over. I guess we can waive the Finnisher and Kessler, go back to benching Agbaji ,or reduce him to a 4th option, that never shoots, and hope that Sexton forgot how to score as well. I mean maybe your dream comes true, if JC is the first option and chucks us all the way out. But I just don't see it, no matter how hard the schedule is, that we end up in a draft position that good.
The Wolves just beat us by 35 at home without Rudy, KAT, or DLo.

The Wolves just beat us by 35 at home without Rudy, KAT, or DLo.
and your point is? they have not played with KAT in how long now? Dlo was doing nothing but shunting the other options hence their desire to move him.
Wolves are going to be in the 20's before its over thanks to us sending Mike there, but not just because they got him, but because Dlo is out of the way

and your point is? they have not played with KAT in how long now? Dlo was doing nothing but shunting the other options hence their desire to move him.
Wolves are going to be in the 20's before its over thanks to us sending Mike there, but not just because they got him, but because Dlo is out of the way
My point is that this team is not very good after losing Conley, NAW, Beasley, and Vanderbilt. There's a very good chance that we stink the rest of the season and finish at 6th in the lottery.

My point is that this team is not very good after losing Conley, NAW, Beasley, and Vanderbilt. There's a very good chance that we stink the rest of the season and finish at 6th in the lottery.
We still have the Finnisher aka the best player on this team this season, we still have a high level rookie center, and we have other pieces that can help them especially Sexton, that can force this coach into benching them for playing too well. Is he going to? I dont know

Are you aware of how the NBA draft order for the lottery is determined? After you Google it you can go ahead and check in on which teams got top picks recently and what their odds were before the lottery.

To act like there is zero chance is dumb. And I’m really not sure what your plan is. Fight like hell to get killed in the play-in?

We still have the Finnisher aka the best player on this team this season, we still have a high level rookie center, and we have other pieces that can help them especially Sexton, that can force this coach into benching them for playing too well. Is he going to? I dont know
Lauri is balling, Kessler has been coming on, and Sexton is pretty good. But we're terrible defensively and have arguably the worst bench in the league the rest of the way.