What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I actually think we might fall to 5th. Our defense has been bad all year, and now Sexton is taking over Conleys spot, plus we lost Vando. Zero playmaking left on the roster.
We won't catch San Antonio, Houston, Charlotte and Detroit, but Orlando has been playing decent lately and are only four losses ahead of us on Tankathon.
Indiana is the only team outside of those four that's been BAD lately (apart from Memphis), and they are getting Hali back today, which should correct their trajectory.

For me the big question that remains, is how will JC finish off the season? Will he continue taking the most shots on the team to boost his counting stats?

Are you aware of how the NBA draft order for the lottery is determined? After you Google it you can go ahead and check in on which teams got top picks recently and what their odds were before the lottery.

To act like there is zero chance is dumb. And I’m really not sure what your plan is. Fight like hell to get killed in the play-in?
I said we are not in the Wemby stakes with "any real odds" Point being : It won't matter if we are 5th or 12th we aint getting a top 4 pick without luck.
everyone has to have luck to move up in fact the top 4 and we are not getting into that range starting a tank campaign with 26 games left against orgs that have been tanking all season.
Not too mention the other teams that are focussed on developing younger players to close the season, with no hopes of winning in the playoffs even of they got there etc.
I estimate along with the Jazz at least 4 other teams that were mediocre near 500, before the break, will turn to tank mode along with us.
Depending on injuries like GSW,and NOP or flash in a pan over achievers like Indy and OKC. Hell I bet Raptors and NYK both tumble further and teams like Bulls who have been terrible if that continues, might throw in the towel resting starters in hopes of getting better odds at the top 4 to keep their pick.
So many possibilities for all these teams to take those draft slots from us.
If Clarkson can keep chucking low % shots and sucking at it, with only a few hot streak 1/2's, or somthing, we might get to the 7-8 range before the lottery.
Outside of that,or overplaying gleaguers and giving usage to bad shooters, we will win enough games against those types of tankers with the current roster, to prevent us from getting into the sweet spot behind the top 4

I said we are not in the Wemby stakes with "any real odds" Point being : It won't matter if we are 5th or 12th we aint getting a top 4 pick without luck.
everyone has to have luck to move up in fact the top 4 and we are not getting into that range starting a tank campaign with 26 games left against orgs that have been tanking all season.
Not too mention the other teams that are focussed on developing younger players to close the season, with no hopes of winning in the playoffs even of they got there etc.
I estimate along with the Jazz at least 4 other teams that were mediocre near 500, before the break, will turn to tank mode along with us.
Depending on injuries like GSW,and NOP or flash in a pan over achievers like Indy and OKC. Hell I bet Raptors and NYK both tumble further and teams like Bulls who have been terrible if that continues, might throw in the towel resting starters in hopes of getting better odds at the top 4 to keep their pick.
If Clarkson can keep chucking low % shots and sucking at it, with only a few hot streak 1/2's, or somthing, we might get to the 7-8 range before the lottery.
Outside of that,or overplaying gleaguers and giving usage to bad shooters, we will win enough games against those types of tankers with the current roster, to prevent us from getting into the sweet spot behind the top 4

It is almost like you don't even follow the nba at all. The raptors made a win now move with Poeltl and have no interest in tanking. The knicks also made a win now move and a firmly in the playoffs. I don't know why you are even mentioning the Warriors and Pels because they sure as hell aren't tanking. Indy just got Haliburton back and have shown no motivation to outright tank and the same goes for OKC. There is no way the bulls even consider tanking with the likelihood of keeping their pick extremely low. We are set up perfectly to get into the 5 or 6 spot now. This team is now built to tank with zero depth and terrible perimeter defense.

I think 6 is semi-realistic, but that we most likely end up 7 or 8. The 4 OKC games will loom large. I have a feeling it will be a full tank off.

It is almost like you don't even follow the nba at all. The raptors made a win now move with Poeltl and have no interest in tanking. The knicks also made a win now move and a firmly in the playoffs. I don't know why you are even mentioning the Warriors and Pels because they sure as hell aren't tanking. Indy just got Haliburton back and have shown no motivation to outright tank and the same goes for OKC. There is no way the bulls even consider tanking with the likelihood of keeping their pick extremely low. We are set up perfectly to get into the 5 or 6 spot now. This team is now built to tank with zero depth and terrible perimeter defense.
Those orgs got what they could to get better around the edges I will give you that but none of them got good enough to contend especially not The Raps.
NYK has been fools gold and will be in the play in at best, GSW has no Steph and you think they won't lose enough to be mid lottery smh, Indy without him were trash, and so it makes perfect sense to shut him down since he needs rest lol, Easy tank there for sure. OKC doesn't need any more damn high picks, but thats their MO.
Bulls absolutely have been and could be bad enough that they are sitting at 8th while trying to win and say F it the last 10 games of the season.
I get where you are coming from , but I dont agree at all that the odds are in our favor to be 5 or 6 at all short of once again starting all g leaguers and JC the chuck commando

Those orgs got what they could to get better around the edges I will give you that but none of them got good enough to contend especially not The Raps.
NYK has been fools gold and will be in the play in at best, GSW has no Steph and you think they won't lose enough to be mid lottery smh, Indy without him were trash, and so it makes perfect sense to shut him down since he needs rest lol, Easy tank there for sure. OKC doesn't need any more damn high picks, but thats their MO.
Bulls absolutely have been and could be bad enough that they are sitting at 8th while trying to win and say F it the last 10 games of the season.
I get where you are coming from , but I dont agree at all that the odds are in our favor to be 5 or 6 at all short of once again starting all g leaguers and JC the chuck commando
I love when people try to move the goal posts during a debate. Now we are suddenly talking about the raps and knicks as not being contenders when the original conversation was about them out tanking us. Those other teams aren't going to go out of there way to tank and currently have much better rosters than us. We are going out of our way to tank and it is going to get ugly these last 26 game. I think possibly 5-21 ugly. None of those teams are going to match that level tankage.

I love when people try to move the goal posts during a debate. Now we are suddenly talking about the raps and knicks as not being contenders when the original conversation was about them out tanking us. Those other teams aren't going to go out of there way to tank and currently have much better rosters than us. We are going out of our way to tank and it is going to get ugly these last 26 game. I think possibly 5-21 ugly. None of those teams are going to match that level tankage.
the only fool moiving posts is you. If you are not a contender like us, like the Knicks, like the Raptors,like GSW without Steph, like anyone else who isn;t a ****ing contender, then you have incentive to tank late in the season and no deadline deals to get better, if they didn't work, mean jack ****ing **** as to where you will be at the end of the season.
The only leg up on those ****s is we now have no chance to win a playoff series if we win a play in game anyway unless the Finnisher and Sexton take the high usage away from the ****** role players

I think 6 is semi-realistic, but that we most likely end up 7 or 8. The 4 OKC games will loom large. I have a feeling it will be a full tank off.
The OKC games will have a lot to say in how we finish. The good news is that the thunder will most likely still be in the playoff picture for the first 3 games. If we lose those 3 game we can actually help catapult the thunder firmly into that the playoff race while obviously creating important separation between us and them.

the only fool moiving posts is you. If you are not a contender like us, like the Knicks, like the Raptors,like GSW without Steph, like anyone else who isn;t a ****ing contender, then you have incentive to tank late in the season and no deadline deals to get better, if they didn't work, mean jack ****ing **** as to where you will be at the end of the season.
The only leg up on those ****s is we now how no chance to win a playoff series if we win a play in game anyway.
It is like debating with a child when it comes to you. Those teams may shut it down the last few weeks for lottery positioning if they are no longer in the playoff picture but that is at least a month away. By then we will have created so much separation between us and them that we won't even be in the picture when it comes to what seeds we are tanking for. We will be tanking for the 5th or 6th seed and those team will be tanking for the 10th seed. I don't understand why that is so hard for you to grasp.

The OKC games will have a lot to say in how we finish. The good news is that the thunder will most likely still be in the playoff picture for the first 3 games. If we lose those 3 game we can actually help catapult the thunder firmly into that the playoff race while obviously creating important separation between us and them.
I am going to laugh my *** off at the tank or die club, when we are picking 12-15th the Wolves are 18-21 and the Philly pick is 27
But no worries we can tank next year all year and you know -actually tank

It is like debating with a child when it comes to you. Those teams may shut it down the last few weeks for lottery positioning if they are no longer in the playoff picture but that is at least a month away. By then we will have created so much separation between us and them that we won't even be in the picture when it comes to what seeds we are tanking for. We will be tanking for the 5th or 6th seed and those team will be tanking for the 10th seed.
there is no debate dumbass. its you HOPING we suck and thats it

Literally no team will. The best lotto odds has just a 50% chance of getting a top 4 pick.
So is it about luck or isn't it? Do you increase your chance of being 'lucky' by having better odds?
Yes
So... other teams can play worse and increase their odds? You name teams that clearly won't tank and have a great chance at the playoffs. Yet somehow the Jazz, who just clearly made an all in tank move, are not part of that group?
I love how every other team can easily tank into the top 4 to screw us over, but for the Jazz to do it is impossible.
I am going to laugh my *** off at the tank or die club, when we are picking 12-15th the Wolves are 18-21 and the Philly pick is 27
But no worries we can tank next year all year and you know -actually tank
Weird that you would be happy if the team you root for has a worse draft pick, not seeing the logic there. I noticed you never suggested what your plan would be.

TLDR: Your argument makes no sense and is rife with inconsistencies and contradictions.

Literally no team will. The best lotto odds has just a 50% chance of getting a top 4 pick.

So is it about luck or isn't it? Do you increase your chance of being 'lucky' by having better odds?
Yes

So... other teams can play worse and increase their odds? You name teams that clearly won't tank and have a great chance at the playoffs. Yet somehow the Jazz, who just clearly made an all in tank move, are not part of that group?

I love how every other team can easily tank into the top 4 to screw us over, but for the Jazz to do it is impossible.

Weird that you would be happy if the team you root for has a worse draft pick, not seeing the logic there. I noticed you never suggested what your plan would be.

TLDR: Your argument makes no sense and is rife with inconsistencies and contradictions.
Duh thats the point genius it doesn't matter how good your % is if you are not in the top 4, which we will never be waiting until 26 games lef tto try to tank, so you might as well try to win for the next 15 games, and if after that you are already headed towards 5-8 range as a result of your roster moves, than you can rest starters and full tank . Their interest in staying in the top 10 as opposed to getting into the top 4 is the goal if that happens but not until after they have tried to play hard and win to see what they have with Sexton and others in larger roles. This is the plan.

There are no contradictions in my statements at all, unless you take them out of context conveniently I might add. It is clearly just you misunderstanding facts, and imagining it as fiction.

If they wanted to ensure they would not be maybe outside the top 8 they had to tank all season not now.

It was a obvious tank move, but at the same time still have players on the roster that have been productive offensively all season.

Chicago is the only team that might be so bad, even while trying to win , that they are sitting around 8 with 10 games left and for certain try to get to 5 or 6 in hopes their tiny little chance of jumping is slightly better than from 8.

we are not doing this imo unless the same thing happens where we keep trying to win and keep losing anyway.

I am not arguing with you , I am stating facts that you cannot understand.

and yes I would rather Sexton is a legit pg and leads this roster with the Finnisher Ochai and Swat lake City right into the play in, and then loses not once but twice and is sitting 13 or 14 in the lottery with almost no chance at a top 4 pick, before I would accept them intentionally, playing scrubs, with less chance of being here is 3 years just for a little better odds at the top 4

I am stating facts that you cannot understand.
Okay, fair enough. Here is the first sentence of your post:

Duh thats the point genius it doesn't matter how good your % is if you are not in the top 4
And it makes no sense at all to me. If you are saying that you have no chance at a top pick if you are not in the top four of lotto odds, then you are objectively wrong, and all recent lottery history proves it. Please explain your statement so that I can understand. Bonus points if you can explain it with 'facts'.