What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Going to a ****** school when you had unlimited options so you could get unlimited minutes then being a baby at the slightest adversity is a major red flag.

He's super young still, so he's gets somewhat of a pass, but still a red flag
I agree. Maturity is definitely a concern, but I’d still draft him. Just not with my top pick. If the Jazz could get him with their Minnesota pick, I think it would be a great “swing for the fence” kind of selection.

I agree. Maturity is definitely a concern, but I’d still draft him. Just not with my top pick. If the Jazz could get him with their Minnesota pick, I think it would be a great “swing for the fence” kind of selection.

He shouldn't be expected to do much his first 2 years in the league. He'll need 2 years just to mature physically. He's the same age as Giannis was when he was drafted.

GG is the kind of guy Sam Presti would draft.

I’ve just started watching prospects now that we’re officially tanking..

Any chance we could trade up to get Brandon Miller? I really like his game and size for our team. Could be a monster next to Markkanen..

Any chance we could trade up to get Brandon Miller? I really like his game and size for our team. Could be a monster next to Markkanen..
I’m super high on Miller but if we aren’t in that range I think trading up will be more expensive than ever before.

For me the concern with GG is the lack of clear NBA attributes. He's not a good shooter, not super athletic, doesn't have amazing length, bad passing instincts, no defensive instincts, no defensive playmaking ability.....He's good at dribbling for his size, but what is that actually worth? He would look better if he wasn't chucking up fadeways the whole game, but I'm struggling to see how he's a functional NBA player.

Going to a ****** school when you had unlimited options so you could get unlimited minutes then being a baby at the slightest adversity is a major red flag.

He's super young still, so he's gets somewhat of a pass, but still a red flag
That stuff is not great… it’s his game that bothers me. I know there are circumstances there but he doesn’t use his athleticism and tools to do anything other create ****** shots for himself. Any guy that is going to be super ball dominant to be effective needs to be crazy good imo. I would live with immaturity if he did other stuff on the court. I just don’t think he’s a great bet in the top 20… I’ll pick him up when he flames out after his first stop.

I think it’s possible but it will be pricey. Might cost 2 of the other picks we have… might be worth it.

For me the concern with GG is the lack of clear NBA attributes. He's not a good shooter, not super athletic, doesn't have amazing length, bad passing instincts, no defensive instincts, no defensive playmaking ability.....He's good at dribbling for his size, but what is that actually worth? He would look better if he wasn't chucking up fadeways the whole game, but I'm struggling to see how he's a functional NBA player.

You're looking at the glass as half empty. GG combines enough size, athleticism, handle, shooting touch, three-level scoring and defensive reactions to mature into a high-impact, two-way wing. He was the #1-rated prospect in his HS class for a reason. Yes, he's an 18 year-old prospect and requires some projection, but his ceiling is very high. When it comes to drafting, especially drafting high, I only care about upside.

That said, the argument against the Jazz taking GG is that they already have a supersized wing who averages 25/9 and is one of the most offensively efficient players in the league. That's what you'd be hoping GG can become in 4 or 5 years.

Hood-Schifino being slept on here. Kid played big time ball today. The kind of big facilitating guard we need.

Could be there with our last pick.
The No Ceilings guys have raves about him since preseason. I’m interested.

its gonna be funny when kyrie irving runs next season to pheonix or either la teams dallas got themselves an expensive rental :D

I would trade the 2025 Cavaliers first and the 2027 Lakers first to move up if it was necessary.
And it might even be more than that. I have a hard time not seeing him go 3… just based on the team needs that he would fit. Moving from 8/9 to 3 will require a monster premium.

I have watched him twice and came away impressed
Doesn’t really force it and TJD is the man on that team so he def has to concede to him but if he wanted to get his, his stats could be even better.

He’s had some big moments this season and has a lot of the tools you want in a big lead guard. Really high on the kid.