What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Man Sensabaugh going through it lately. Rough shooting streak for a few games and now coming off the bench and only got like 16 mins in Ohio St’s 4th or 5th loss in a row

Man Sensabaugh going through it lately. Rough shooting streak for a few games and now coming off the bench and only got like 16 mins in Ohio St’s 4th or 5th loss in a row
There coach is terrible. He has also been in foul trouble quite a bit lately.

Part of me was hoping for us to trade all 3 picks this year just to see the melt down in here. But now I'm really feeling like the draft karma god is going to bless us this year. Now after typing that sentence I feel like I should say Amen, so I suppose that's who we're going to get.

Part of me was hoping for us to trade all 3 picks this year just to see the melt down in here. But now I'm really feeling like the draft karma god is going to bless us this year. Now after typing that sentence I feel like I should say Amen, so I suppose that's who we're going to get.
No thanks to no shooting… seen too many busts to want one..

Still top 6 for me. I'm hoping Minny's pick falls late lotto and we can grab him there. Nothing changes for me. His team sucks. His coach sucks. He can't get open looks or passing angles. If he dropped out to prepare for the draft I'd have no problem with it.
I bet he will be a draft combine darling.

This org is clearly content If they win and lose some games like last night, while trying to play the potantial core pieces together more , and trying to win. JC should not be playing imo, but he clearly is their resident vet now, and probably will help the tank or die club get their wish.
I am ok with him off the bench as nothing but a scoring machine. I am not ok with him boosting stats as a starter for his next contract, while the rest of the team suffers and develops bad habits, and cant establish any chemistry, just in the name of 3% better odds at a developmental prospect.

I have to imagine he is one of those guys that pretty much every team will have some interest in. At this point I'm guessing he is firmly in the 10-18 range.
probably goes anywhere after the top 6 imo Hopefully still around for our 2nd pick, but I doubt it unless the Wolves get more injuries and get worse.

I bet he will be a draft combine darling.

I think he's going to drop to the late lottery, just because he's young, he's a bit risky and teams may not want to wait an extra year or two on him. These super young prospects tend to drop a bit for that reason (e.g., Giannis, Kobe, Amare). Besides, there are a bunch of guys who are going to look good in workouts -- Walker, Howard, Dick, Sensabaugh, Taylor, etc. The Jazz may not want him, but if they do they may be able to get him in the 12-15 range. They just need to pick him before OKC does.

If the Jazz have a pick in that 12 - 15 range from Minnesota, I'd imagine their short list will have Wallace, Black, Dick and Sensabaugh on it, as well as GG.

Last edited:
ESPN hyping Brandon Miller now.. dammit.. was hoping he’d fly under the radar…

View: https://youtu.be/qZfGZvHU7Gs

You could also splice together a pretty nice video that compares Miller to Nic Batum, Cam Johnson and Michael Beasley. Some team in the top 6 or 7 that wants to draft a more polished player will take Miller. He'll be a bit like Keegan Murray last year. But these comparisons to players like Paul George and Kevin Durant need to stop.

Last edited:
Most 1st rd picks don't go to the combine anymore so I wouldn't expect him there. The nba needs to make it mandatory for all players to go there and at least get measured.

I read that as draft workout darling. Yeah, the players I'd expect to go to the Combine are the ones slated to go outside the top 18 - 20. I'd picture Terrence Shannon, maybe Jalen Wilson, Marcus Sasser, Trayce Jackson-Davis, etc. Maybe Leonard Miller does the Combine.

Miller is basically guaranteed to go top 4 at this point. He’s a much better fit with some of the teams that will land top than Amen. I think the top 6 guys end up being Vic, Scoot, Miller, Amen, Jarace, and Cam.

Miller is basically guaranteed to go top 4 at this point. He’s a much better fit with some of the teams that will land top than Amen. I think the top 6 guys end up being Vic, Scoot, Miller, Amen, Jarace, and Cam.

You're probably right. I think Keyonte George could also challenge to make the end of that list.

You're probably right. I think Keyonte George could also challenge to make the end of that list.
He was the one I thought about but I think he’s comb guard status may push him down a bit. Watched him a bit yesterday and he’s impressive. Should be better in nba space.

Hendricks doesn't strike me as the type of forward that is ever going to be the shooter Miller is. So budget Miller in that case is firesale discount skillset. He will be and probably already is a better defender though.