What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Listened to Vecenie on the Athletic talking about our guy Tay Henny… says he has him around 11/12 and after talking with some team personnel he think of there is a surprise top ten dude it will be him. Man I hope he’s on the board when we pick.
I’d lower your expectations. If we don’t pick top 10 I think we miss him.

I think he will crush interviews and workouts.

I think he legit could end up top 7-8… some GMs are dumb though so maybe he falls a couple spots.

I think the draft range for Hendricks could be anywhere from 8 - 16. Virtually every team could find a rotation spot for him.

I'm watching Nick Smith Jr. He's obviously talented, but if he can't beat his defender and he can't get all the way to the rim he might be frustrating in much the same way D'Angelo Russell became in Minnesota. The good news is that he's becoming crafty working off screens and using his big to get him some space to work with. He's got some advanced feel and ball control that could enable to do some Chris Paul/Trae Young stuff if the floor is set up well enough for him. In other words, he has some limitations, but could also be very effective in certain screen/roll sets. It would also help him if he can defer to another high-level creator when he needs to.

Only thing I dont like about Filipowski is that he does miss a lot of bunnies. Wish he was a bit better at finishing.

I'm watching Nick Smith Jr. He's obviously talented, but if he can't beat his defender and he can't get all the way to the rim he might be frustrating in much the same way D'Angelo Russell became in Minnesota. The good news is that he's becoming crafty working off screens and using his big to get him some space to work with. He's got some advanced feel and ball control that could enable to do some Chris Paul/Trae Young stuff if the floor is set up well enough for him. In other words, he has some limitations, but could also be very effective in certain screen/roll sets.
yeah, but with him you can argue that a lot of his contact aversion might be injury related. He's so quick and shifty I think he can eventually learn to draw more fouls and use his body. He isnt as skinny as other skinny guys.

Ainge seems to like these tough, physical ballers who overpower people. I could totally seem him leaning towards guys like Cam Whitmore and Cason Wallace.

We haven't talked a whole lot about Cam Whitmore, but he's probably going to be lurking in the 7 - 12 draft range, right where the Jazz hope to be. Historically speaking, he's the type of player Ainge has tried to move on (e.g., Jaylen Brown, Justise Winslow). He plays with a lot of power on the wing, finishes effortlessly above the rim and shot 35% on 3PAs this year. He can attack in space and punish smaller wings. He's also disruptive defensively with quick reactions on the ball.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxiQk0fiDw

We haven't talked a whole lot about Cam Whitmore, but he's probably going to be lurking in the 7 - 12 draft range, right where the Jazz hope to be. Historically speaking, he's the type of player Ainge has tried to move on (e.g., Jaylen Brown, Justise Winslow). He plays with a lot of power on the wing, finishes effortlessly above the rim and shot 35% on 3PAs this year. He can attack in space and punish smaller wings.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxiQk0fiDw

Ainge going to pick Sidy