What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I get it. I'm obsessed with finding All Stars. Hendricks can be one if he keeps developing. Someone on the roster needs to self-create at a high level.

View: https://twitter.com/NoCeilingsNBA/status/1632807089507639297

I understand… I just think he can build out the rest of his game from where he is. Like Mikal Bridges might not create as well as Jordan Poole or Tyler Herro but all of us would take him over those two no questions asked. I also think you can find self creators like JC to support the guys doing the other stuff and make it work.

Wow… the over the top Hendricks love is little wild to me.

I also might be the biggest Black fan on here too based on these rankings.

I think at the moment Black is either 6th or 7th on my personal big board right next to George.

Give me your guys personal rankings of these 8 players:

Ausar Thompson
Keyonte George
Jarace Walker
Can Whitmore
Anthony Black
Cason Wallace
Nick Smith Jr
Gradey Dick

Cam - haven't even considered him dropping to us, but would love if he did
Cason - Been my guy for awhile
Black - The more I get to know him the more I like him
George - I would be really happy with him, but like the defense of Cason and black more
Walker - I've been focusing on guards, but would love him if we got him
Dick - Probably going to be good
Ausar - my twin theory, that the lesser twin never pans out
Smith Jr - Haven't been super impressed yet

Wow… the over the top Hendricks love is little wild to me.

I also might be the biggest Black fan on here too based on these rankings.
I just keep coming back to "what do you want from a wing?" question in my mind...

I'd want shooting... effective defensive length... athleticism.. passing... creation. He already checks like three boxes... the others are unknown but if he had those he's top 3-4.

Does Cam have those things... its like 1 "yes" and 4 "maybes". What about Jarace? Probably a couple yes' and some maybes. Then like Jett and Dick shoot but not much else (with Jett its a little scary tbh how little he is doing outside of shooting)... I love Black but have some reservations... see him as a pg not a wing.

I just think Taylor is already quite good at things you'd want from a wing and I think he can also unlock 5 out stuff with Lauri that could be DEADLY. You run him with Lauri and Walker and he will provide the help rim protection we have always wanted and he can hang with perimeter dudes. I think we will smother the dudes in the paint.

With Tay Henny… he has some Jaden Mcdaniels on defense potential… with much more shooting… he may end up being one of those guys that’s sun all star but very much has all star impact. He kinda blends a Jaden McDaniels and Cam Johnson and has some roll finisher potential. He may not move quite as well as McDaniels but he also may bother people at the rim more.

I have a feeling we're going to end up using our own pick on either Black or Wallace.

I have a feeling we're going to end up using our own pick on either Black or Wallace.

I think that’s highly likely.
I’m not so sure. It’s a current need but I’m not sure we draft to fill that hole… I think it will be very much best player available. It’s also a future need of course… I would be happy to have either guy. I just think if we do roll out a big FA deal or make a trade it might be for a lead guard to fill that hole.

I’m not so sure. It’s a current need but I’m not sure we draft to fill that hole… I think it will be very much best player available. It’s also a future need of course… I would be happy to have either guy. I just think if we do roll out a big FA deal or make a trade it might be for a lead guard to fill that hole.
I mean a lot depends on where we pick.

8-10 is one thing, but if it’s like 10-13 Wallace or Black could actually be best player available.

Back